Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Another 4cm of fresh snow overnight, with drifting in exposed areas. Drifts were 30-60 cm deep at 0900 but the level depth was only 5cm. Only about 30% snow cover remaining now, even on the north east facing slopes where I am, after a steady thaw all morning in long sunny periods. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Absolutely tipping it down here this morning.

Posted

Heavy rain turning sleety now, Temp 2.7c

Edit-Wet snow mix now.

Screenshot_20190312-091937.thumb.jpg.3ae8cc20120c23389edbec393af0c043.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Wet snow here for past half hour. Temp 1c 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Temp up in the hills of Quinton where I live is 3.2C with a dew point of 2.5C. Obviously just moderate rain here but it's much colder than I thought it would be. Currently in brum city centre and there are a group of tourists - I do often wonder what they must think on days like today. 

Posted

Gusts still into the high 60s here with squally showers, Some trees and branches down locally.

FB_IMG_1552481236103.thumb.jpg.0fc3c48167a93d0eb9536103275edebd.jpg

Posted

Another very windy morning here with gales & heavy showers rattling through, And I notice the Meto have put out further warnings for gales this morning over our area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Wild squall went through here about 30 minutes ago here in Rugby. Bins were hurled down the street. 

My dad just called to say he hadn’t seen anything like it before in Northampton as parts of the roof in the building he was in were blown off. 

Posted

137.6 mm of rain here in the first 15 days of March make it the wettest first half of March since my records began in 1963, the previous record was 116.6 mm in 1998. Only two other months have recorded more rain in the first half; August 2004 with 147.8 mm and June 2012 with 148.1 mm.

Posted

More persistent moderate rain now moving in here after a showery morning with gusts into the low 50's and the rain moving across the hills in like sheets..

Temp 8.9c

Rain so far today 10.3mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

thankfully missing my location, to north and west, but dunno how anyone can like this!

Roll on next weeks settled much better weather, not looking that warm, but miles better than last 2 weeks

Posted

I quite enjoy rough wether like this when behind glass, I see an ice warning is out for here tonight and maybe even a dusting of snow in the early hours. Dogs are quite happy asleep in the living room and I'm in no rush to take them out..

IMG_20190316_130026.thumb.jpg.b3ae77507d76a2087b022774be608c4d.jpg

Posted

Absolutely lashing it down here with now touching 20mm of rain and temp 7.2c.

Posted

Some Wintry showers pushing in just now here, Temp 1c

Posted

Same  here P.M. A thin scattering  after each shower above 300m but it melts as soon as the shower stops and the  sun comes out.

Posted

Another squaĺy snow shower..... Ashbourne ,but also bits of blue sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

An absolutely mental hail shower here! ☺️

Love these sort of showers! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Superb day yesterday with lots of sunshine after around midday. Max of 16.3 °C, which is actually my highest of the year so far, beating anything in late Feb. Not so impressive today -- scraping into the teens and 100% cloud cover.

Posted

Yes a glorious day yesterday with almost cloudless skys, The sun has just burnt through here now with temp currently 12c with hardly any wind to speak of.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Arctic Hare said:

Superb day yesterday with lots of sunshine after around midday. Max of 16.3 °C, which is actually my highest of the year so far, beating anything in late Feb. Not so impressive today -- scraping into the teens and 100% cloud cover.

Aye Dave, much better than those days in Feb when it was -3 minimums, today much warmer than then too

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Snow wasn`t heading very far east.

Could turn out the heaviest snowfall of the winter yet again after record February warmth 100%

Posted

A light hail shower just passing here, Has been dry all day so far.. Temp 6.2c.