Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Really does feel like Spring has sprung, yesterday and today! feels more like early May, still the 'cold hunt' thread open though, feel like now time for hunt for warmth

of course as we all know, it will be colder in May with dominant NE winds

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Absolutely glorious day today once the sun got through in late morning. Sunny and warm still as I type. First 15 °C of the year, too! Maximum 15.4 °C here in Bewdley today. Not sure whether we'll beat that over the next couple of days, as I'm not sure there'll be enough sunshine. Still looking quite nice and springlike, though.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Absolutely glorious day today once the sun got through in late morning. Sunny and warm still as I type. First 15 °C of the year, too! Maximum 15.4 °C here in Bewdley today. Not sure whether we'll beat that over the next couple of days, as I'm not sure there'll be enough sunshine. Still looking quite nice and springlike, though.

Aye Dave! thinking though much cooler tomorrow, if skies stay clear and winds light, could be a slight frost, brrrrrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A maximum of 13.8c here today was the highest in February since 2012 when 14.5c was recorded on the 23rd.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Another stunning day. Went walking in the Peak District and barely a cloud in the sky. Wore a t-shirt most of the way round, even out of the sun it was still humid feeling. This time last year there was brutally cold wind chills up there!

Posted

Today is the 6th day this month here with a max' of 10.0c or higher, equalling the total in February 2008 and February 2011. The only Februaries on my record ( since 1977) with more 10c maximum days were 1990 with 8 and 1998 with 9. Both are achievable if the latest model output is accurate.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

A marked inversion this morning with very low ( for the time of year ) humidity above it. The humidity was 51% at 0900, one of the lowest values I've recorded in February at any time let alone 0900.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Quite a contrast between Sunday and Monday here. I was walking by the Severn on Sunday and fog lingered until about midday. It was nice and sunny thereafter, but a noticeable chill lingered in the air through the afternoon. Monday was a different story, with cloudless skies all day, and it felt considerably warmer in the afternoon. A little surprised to see the max was only 13.5 °C -- yes, well above average, but lower than Thursday's 15.4 °C. I wouldn't have expected anything like the all-time UK Feb record we saw in Wales, but I would have liked another 15 °C. Maybe Tuesday will bring one!

Posted

Current temp 17.2C, max recorded 19.1C at about 1530

Incredible for February as it is, but even more amazing is that the minimum last night was -1.3C. Don't think I've ever seen a 20C+ daily range here before, in any month. I've known months only have ranges around 15C.

Posted

A mere 15.6 °C here in Bewdley, but that's still the highest of the year (beating last Thursday). Considering it was frosty last night (-0.3 °C) that's not a bad diurnal range, if nothing compared to what some have experienced. Clear skies all day and warm enough by mid-afternoon that I was walking down the street in a T-shirt eating an ice cream! (Took me ages to find a place selling them, though...)

Posted

Aye, we'll have to pay for this, vile March coming up likely, 3 months likely before we see this weather again after tomorrow

hopefully though paid for it by the summer

Posted

This weekend is looking like a particularly wet one, though BBC text forecast says the complete opposite:

”Sunday will be largely dry with bright or sunny spells.”..?

F599C8EB-16E4-4A8E-9BB7-318B3A663AEA.png

Posted

26.1 mm of rain here overnight was the largest daily fall since Sept' 20th last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it

So today is literally the first time this 'winter' that the netweather forcast is showing me MODERATE snow within 24 hours. The first f*****g time! We shall see!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

So warnings out for most of the mids, especially The North and Central mids. Can see mainly wet and Met ironically have a rain fest. We shall see its tracked further South every run.

Posted

hoping, but assume a slushy coating of 1cm is about the best we can expect

Son has a football game away in the morning - 55 mins drive from home. Would be nice to get the call saying "game is off"...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Rain with sleet mixed in here in Solihull. I can't believe they actually issued a Yellow Warning for southern Midlands, pointless