Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Horrible morning ahead. Luckily avoided the worst on my way to work this morning though. Couldn't be dealing with another morning like yesterday's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Latest GFS run is a good one late on, but we know it won't turn out that way for all the wishing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Horrible morning ahead. Luckily avoided the worst on my way to work this morning though. Couldn't be dealing with another morning like yesterday's.

Sunday will be the worst, today not too bad

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Maybe for the tops of the hills.

Or above 500ft ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

morning all,

hope none of you have lost a roof overnight, wont find out till i get home later.

had roof cladding come loose in the night and two windows got blown out, very noisy night to say the least 

Posted

Feeling almost spring like at times next week 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

The weather this winter is like watching blues play, all looking great early on only to look mediocre at best at the end of the day hanging on for dear life.

im really starting to look towards warmer weather now this winter has been all about let downs and hope but in reality........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

image.thumb.png.7a90411d7809bf14d58854c1a2ba89c2.pngLooks like the atlantic escalator is kicking off, nice temps, though they will not materialise either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Just recently had a bit of sleet mixed in with the rain as it got heavy.

Wasn’t really expected that!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

A couple of very heavy rain showers mixed with a bit of sleet and what looked like hail just after 1p M this afternoon.  just have given up on this crappy winter to produce anything looking forward to spring and warm weather now winter as far as I concern can do one.  some things are not meant to be and  winter 2018 2019 wasn’t meant to be for us here in the UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Cloudy this morning with a little drizzle. Disappointing compared with the much brighter forecast, but at least it cleared after lunch for some sunshine. Pretty meh, really, and as @nobble mentioned likely to remain so for a while. The one thing I did notice this afternoon was the increasing strength of the sun; a little more warmth from it now. This won't be how everyone feels and fair enough, but for myself I think I'm inclined to write off this winter now as far as snow is concerned, and look forward to the first really springlike days.

Posted

A rubbish end to a rubbish winter. Mild winter weather is dire. 10 degrees and partly cloudy may excite some, but to me it is an utter bore.

Posted

Lovely and sunny albeit quite hazy today and looking pleasantly sunny and quite warm over the next few days. I think most people by now are sick of this so called winter and it is pretty much over as far as I’m concerned. it looks very unlikely we’ll see any cold snaps/spell to support any snow. 

Roll on Spring. Winter has has its chance, and has failed epically.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

Lovely and sunny albeit quite hazy today and looking pleasantly sunny and quite warm over the next few days. I think most people by now are sick of this so called winter and it is pretty much over as far as I’m concerned. it looks very unlikely we’ll see any cold snaps/spell to support any snow. 

Roll on Spring. Winter has has its chance, and has failed epically.

unsure about warmth, next 2 nights we'll be lucky to escape a frost, looks clear next 2 nights, and quite windy

I always think the warmest days are the wet and windy days, and windy cloudy nights, where it gets no lower than 10 degrees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Hoping for a bit more sun as it felt warm in it Sunday but I will take mild temps if we cannot get snow. 3-6c and wet no thanks!

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely early spring like weather the next few days . Rolll on spring proper 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Gorgeous day today once the fog had cleared. Pretty much wall-to-wall sunshine and light winds. Max 12.2 °C but the sun is strong enough now that it felt quite warm by lunchtime. Saw my first daffodils in flower today as well. That confirms it, I think: I'm ready for spring proper now.

Posted

Feeling particularly warm in the sun by mid-afternoon today. Definitely no need for a coat whilst the sun is out anymore. 

Even if we do miraculously get some snowfall by the end of winter, I can’t see it staying around for long at all. Given the strength of the sun, it’ll be gone by 12:00.