Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowy782 said:

Nothing more depressing than getting updates from family in the south-east telling me how much snow they’ve got...meanwhile not a flake in Nottingham

Ditto.

Posted

Sad the Black Country / West mids / midlands has missed out , although still got tiny patches on front lawn from Tuesday !

im happy for the usually snow starved folk in the south west . 

Nearly a foot of snow ??

If we’re all honest the West mids usually has several snow falls every year !!! Cheshire gap / frontal. Strong east winds , even troughs in unstable northerlies,

❄️❄️❄️❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
3 minutes ago, nobble said:

Sad the Black Country / West mids / midlands has missed out , although still got tiny patches on front lawn from Tuesday !

im happy for the usually snow starved folk in the south west . 

Nearly a foot of snow ??

If we’re all honest the West mids usually has several snow falls every year !!! Cheshire gap / frontal. Strong east winds , even troughs in unstable northerlies,

❄️❄️❄️❄️

Indeed Nobble just because we’ve missed out on this event doesn’t mean the Midlands is a bad place for snowfalls as you say we can get snow from many directions and being well inland does definitely help in marginal situations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I know it's not much of a consolation but it looks like Leicester will be hit with a moderate snow shower soon. Heads up Leicester folk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Well the last few days have been a complete bust haven’t they? To be honest I haven’t paid that much attention on the weather the last few months. Last time I posted was May...ish? Dad passed away unexpectedly, had my car stolen, work, work, work...time just gets away for you. I think it was the 2nd week of January before I realised we’d not seen much in the way of wintry weather. I did look so good for us a couple of days ago, amazing how it can change so quickly really. 

Edited by matt_in_dudley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Light snow again here, that's nuts! Nothing on radar over here though. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, matt_in_dudley said:

Well the last few days have been a complete bust haven’t they? To be honest I haven’t paid that much attention on the weather the last few months. Last time I posted was May...ish? Dad passed away unexpectedly, had my car stolen, work, work, work...time just gets away for you. I think it was the 2nd week of January before I realised we’d not seen much in the way of wintry weather. I did look so good for us a couple of days ago, amazing how it can change so quickly really. 

Condolences on the loss of your Dad.

Hope winter brings us one decent snowfall at least before the season finishes. 

• Like 1

Posted

As Andy predicted a light/moderate snow shower hit Leicester. It's bizarre for me that we can't have a proper convergence in UK. There is a small LP in the channel, Midlands have a NE direction flow and still we can't get anything significant. 

Posted

a couple of nice snow showers this evening and a couple more bubbling their way over from the North Sea. Just enough to give us a covering. Very nice. Love seeing the snow fall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Guys stay calm just hot back from

down south and there is nothing!

southerns over exaggerate and we had more than our fill last year! #RollOnSpring!! ☀️ 

Posted

Had friends in the south west sending me snow photos, friends in central southern England sending me snow photos, family in London sending me snow photos, and now friends in Kent sending me snow photos.

This winter sucks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
39 minutes ago, klippieboo said:

Guys stay calm just hot back from

down south and there is nothing!

southerns over exaggerate and we had more than our fill last year! #RollOnSpring!! ☀️ 

Exactly we can’t expect to be the ‘sweet spot’ every time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
5 hours ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Think it is important to remember the Winter of 2013/14 when even in my location a relatively high area we saw no accumulating snow what so ever.  We are still a far cry from that. 

Although latest GFS runs don’t hold much hope for further snowfall in my opinion latest model output is the worst so far this season.

you might have had lying snow this winter however most parts of Birmingham to date have not had lying snow  and going by tonight I’ll put it doesn’t look any soon we will get snow or return to cold conditions 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
9 hours ago, syed2878 said:

you might have had lying snow this winter however most parts of Birmingham to date have not had lying snow  and going by tonight I’ll put it doesn’t look any soon we will get snow or return to cold conditions 

Syed

Yep, a big disappointment around this area, (Bham), as we also missed the snow showers moving in from the North East, yesterday.

I managed 1 cm on wed (when the front came in from the WNW, and this was still around on Friday, but Thursday was very disappointing. Apparently the snow got as far as Redditch, but then turned turtle.

It was incredible that it hung around for so long just south of here. 75 miles further North and we would have had 20cms.

I really thought that we had a good chance, but never mind, next time!!

I'll certainly be back next time for the chase. 

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Frosty start here 1c. Suns out. What will Feb bring??  No point chasing snow til Next winter I think☹️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
13 minutes ago, Barometer Cat said:

Frosty start here 1c. Suns out. What will Feb bring??  No point chasing snow til Next winter I think☹️ 

BC..

Not so sure about that. Things can change in 2 or 3 days very quickly.

Lows are still forecast to move into S Europe over the next few days. Which is positive. The problem is  the power of the jet which is due to set up from midweek onwards, coming straight over us.

Its the dam vey cold air coming out from the US.

I suspect there will be other chances in the next few weeks. We will see.

Blocking has set up, but not in the right place for us  (yet)  

MIA

• Thanks 1

Posted

Since the snow won’t come to me, I have gone to the snow!

Beautiful morning up at Park Hall Country Park. I’ve been waiting so long for the opportunity for some proper wintry photography, so I’m gutted that I forgot my camera battery

This place is a half hour walk from mine, yet there’s very little snow at all where I live.

BD6E1245-798F-46BB-A27C-F62AC5363256.jpeg

540DA7BA-5929-4DA0-A8F0-0F11CB7335F6.jpeg

A4091A7C-A472-4729-887D-68277DEDC047.jpeg

CCA5F2B5-F3DB-4B06-8414-65C5F9AF78A8.jpeg

FEEC14F3-29AD-4A83-9556-3BBF9B736620.jpeg

8229CEF5-16DB-4DB3-AE30-38AEC59BCD56.jpeg

49C6C953-8B96-4E38-8E75-70A37FA4C301.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

BC..

Not so sure about that. Things can change in 2 or 3 days very quickly.

Lows are still forecast to move into S Europe over the next few days. Which is positive. The problem is  the power of the jet which is due to set up from midweek onwards, coming straight over us.

Its the dam vey cold air coming out from the US.

I suspect there will be other chances in the next few weeks. We will see.

Blocking has set up, but not in the right place for us  (yet)  

MIA

From a personal point of view, a break from model watching is wise to refresh and then comeback and re-visit them later next week. To see what is happening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Beautiful crisp winters day. The mild boredom comes next week. Even though we missed out it was still fun on here. Let's hope winter has one last hurrah. So until then take care evreone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Stunning day out there. Been up near Flash and the roads are nice and clear and sun is shining all around. Kids are sledging on the hills and I found some drifts that reached my waist! 

Lower down we still have snow on the ground, impressive since Tuesday. No drip drip just the sun melting it in exposed areas.

IMG_20190202_114733.jpg

IMG_20190202_114646.jpg

IMG_20190202_113032.jpg

IMG_20190202_120051.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Max of 2.2c today,sun and more cloud.

Next big cold spell end of February early march the beast appears,probably have a cold snap inbetween.

Sleep weather next week..

Edited by Snowyowl9