Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Seems there ia a  touch more Northerly in the winds at present   showers should be incoming around the Stafford  Penkrige area maybe. 

Edited by weirpig

Posted
10 minutes ago, Dibdabbers said:

I doubt we will, nothing heading our way at all.  I could literally stamp my feet in frustration

me too! have been willing it to snow all week and we had nothing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Yep same here it's deffo in my to 5 worst Winters lol. Looking long term its getting warmer.

Posted

Matt should get a few showers soon.

Posted
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Yep same here it's deffo in my to 5 worst Winters lol. Looking long term its getting warmer.

Its one of the worst for me.  Not because of the lack of snow,Its just the weather as been boring  no windstorms either  just bland nothingness 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
37 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Snow has stopped in Stoke so we have a 30 minute wait until the next ppn over Sheffield arrives

Not weather related but... Hollywood Hogan... BROTHER! 

Posted

oh met office just update to 70% chance heavy snow at 5pm.

wonder if the showers will merge and produce a good spell of heavy snow ????????

hers hoping.

just popped into central england thread, some have 25cms there !

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Had 1 so far. Nice big flakes. Didn't settle though.

Radar shows them tracking towards you mate might leave a dusting lol.

Posted

Problem is, look at how the Peak District is killing the showers between Chesterfield and Stafford. A more northerly element would get them more on course for the Stafford/Penkridge...possibly even Wolverhampton areas, but it would also give them an even longer track right over the peaks. And the wind just isn't strong enough for them to survive.

When the wind is strong, we can get anything from anywhere, otherwise we're depending on a direct track from the Dee Estuary, the Wash or very rarely, the Severn Estuary (that last one is a good thunderstorm producer in the summer though!)

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but that's how I see it right now. 

I would be grateful if someone could now provide an example where what I've just said could be proved wrong!

Posted
Just now, snowangel32 said:

Radar shows them tracking towards you mate might leave a dusting lol.

Be happy with that. Think they might just scrape past me at my work in Stoke but my home in Longton might get it full on, and it usually settles a bit more easily there (Less built up and slightly higher elevation).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
12 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

me too lets all have a feet stamp at 12:30!!!!!

Posted
10 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Its one of the worst for me.  Not because of the lack of snow,Its just the weather as been boring  no windstorms either  just bland nothingness 

I get what your saying, but those winters from 2014 to 2017 were really hard work to get through.

Windstorms can bring their own headlines, but one after the other after the other after the other with hardly even any frost was a bit too much for me!

The beautiful few crisp hours that was early Thursday morning trumped all 4 of those winters in one go for me.

Edited by Gord

Posted
6 minutes ago, Gord said:

Problem is, look at how the Peak District is killing the showers between Chesterfield and Stafford. A more northerly element would get them more on course for the Stafford/Penkridge...possibly even Wolverhampton areas, but it would also give them an even longer track right over the peaks. And the wind just isn't strong enough for them to survive.

When the wind is strong, we can get anything from anywhere, otherwise we're depending on a direct track from the Dee Estuary, the Wash or very rarely, the Severn Estuary (that last one is a good thunderstorm producer in the summer though!)

I would be grateful if someone could now provide an example where what I've just said could be proved wrong!

No i agree  Easterly from the wash is perfect for here  all low lying land   as you say the Peaks are very similar to the welsh mountains from the west   just gobbles up all the showers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

That big blob of snow over the Cotswolds across to Bristol is incredible, just keeps on re-energising itself and has barely moved for hours, must have dumped incredible amounts over that area by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Gord said:

A more nne drift in the winter will and due to the extended land mass and hills then showers just will not survive, in summer yes, then storms have been produced by that scenario. If the wind was a ene direction then the flow would be from the wash area. An example of this happened last March 1st, 2nd last year, not ideal i know, but it produced a severe fall of snow.

Posted

Snow is slow moving in the south.

Well there was some drifting overnight in part of a field,could see it drifting a little today.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

That big blob of snow over the Cotswolds across to Bristol is incredible, just keeps on re-energising itself and has barely moved for hours, must have dumped incredible amounts over that area by now.

Sent this by a friend in Swindon.

E0CE6076-5F24-475B-AB1A-83A9D95A45A7.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Sent this by a friend in Swindon.

E0CE6076-5F24-475B-AB1A-83A9D95A45A7.jpeg

I was almost accepting it all until I saw this  

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I was almost accepting it all until I saw this  

I’ll spare you the photos of my family playing in the snow in London. Makes me laugh how they suddenly get so much snow now I’ve moved away. After all those years of frustratingly watching the rest of the country get snow while London missed out. My snow shield is immense

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

The South gets a bit of snow and it's all over the news