Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

No shower activity in Hinckley, nor does there look anything remotely showery out to the NE of us. All the showers are north of us and that huge blob over Gloucester is just sat there. Is it wrong that with us missing all this wintry weather to the north and south that all i want mild south westerly to blast all this snow away so no one has any? - then we are all in the same boat. I have people in our office saying 30 miles down the road they have a covering 

Posted

I'd say looking okish for areas from say Chesterfield down to northern Stoke, the showers that way aren't doing too bad at holding their intensity. The Humber coastline is producing well.

For us, it looks like we need to be looking at the coast between Skegness and Mablethorpe for any activity coming ashore, and only light stuff is coming in there. Seeing it's a longer track over land, it's obviously fizzling out before getting anywhere near us. In fact, nothing really there at all now.

So bearing that in mind, it's actually surprising we squeezed a few quick flurries out of it this morning. One of them was actually fairly moderate too...if very short lived.

Now, if the winds swing a bit more to the north, we may get a bit more, but then we have quite a lengthy land track across a huge chunk of the Peak District as a barrier to them surviving. 

Edited by Gord

Posted

Horrendous when you look at the radar and 20 miles north you got snow showers 50 miles south heavy persistant snow!!and im stuck right in the middle!!oxford bristol have been battered all night and day so far!!!defo used up all our luck last winter with the sliders!!!dont care what we get now end of feb cos am far as im concerned this winters done and good riddance come march!!

Edited by shaky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
3 minutes ago, shaky said:

Horrendous when you look at the radar and 20 miles north you got snow showers 50 miles south heavy persistant snow!!and im stuck right in the middle!!oxford bristol have been battered all night and day so far!!!defo used up all our luck last winter with the sliders!!!dont care what we get now end of feb cos am far as im concerned this winters done and good riddance come march!!

Completely agree!!!!!! I more fed up this morning now than last night. Wjhat does it take for us to get some snow!!!!!!

Posted
6 minutes ago, shaky said:

From my experience, we need a direct flow from the Wash, as what happened on the 2nd Feb 2009 when a stream of heavy snow set up over Leicester, Birmingham and points west. North easterly flows can deliver is the wind is strong enough. But yes, that feeling of being caught in no mans land is very much being felt here as well.

Having said that, a few of us will continue to see some flurries on and off throughout the day I reckon. Stafford should see a few soon for example.

Edited by Gord
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I really do feel sorry for those in Brum and Leicester today. big band of snow to the South west and now snow showers heading into Yorkshire and Stoke area. You're literally right between the 2☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Had a very light snow shower in Bewdley at about 10:30. Lasted about three minutes. Now in Kidderminster and it's just damp. Rooftop thermometer on a retail unit says 2.9 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Roll on the summer and bring on the storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Is any body else feeling a bit down today and have had enough of chasing with no end result? Think it’s time I found another hobby that’s a bit more rewarding 

Posted
5 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Is any body else feeling a bit down today and have had enough of chasing with no end result? Think it’s time I found another hobby that’s a bit more rewarding 

Yep a little however  for me its more the thrill of the chase.  It dosent happen very often but when it does its magical   makes it more worthwhile in my opinion.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Anyone doubted the Midlands is Jinxed this year this says it all.

473184612_SmartSelect_20190201-113551_WeatherRadar.thumb.jpg.430c93be377aa0beb9e93ceda880cc17.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
11 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I really do feel sorry for those in Brum and Leicester today. big band of snow to the South west and now snow showers heading into Yorkshire and Stoke area. You're literally right between the 2☹️

I know the feeling, man! Days like today are definitely the worst when their’s all that snow on radar, but it all dodges you! 

This month may still deliver. Even March could. But to be honest, really can’t wait for Spring now! 

• Like 1

Posted

That was a nice little spell of big snowflakes but none of it settled. Surprising really, given how cold it is and has been for days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

Ive given up it looks like Birmingham and the black country are out the game for this winter, even the bits coming from the East will miss us.  Hugely disappointing.

Edited by Dibdabbers
Spelling

Posted
Just now, MattStoke said:

That was a nice little spell of big snowflakes but none of it settled. Surprising really, given how cold it is and has been for days.

it started to settle but when the intensity slacked off it melted straight away 

Posted
5 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Anyone doubted the Midlands is Jinxed this year this says it all.

473184612_SmartSelect_20190201-113551_WeatherRadar.thumb.jpg.430c93be377aa0beb9e93ceda880cc17.jpg

Absolute pants!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
1 minute ago, Dibdabbers said:

Absolute pants!!!!

Yep we might see a flurry but even that is a long shot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

If anything falls today now, it will probably of the wet nature now as temps are up to 2.7C, and the sun is shining here, so another incorrect forecast by both the major UK forecasters.

Posted
2 minutes ago, el tiempo said:

it started to settle but when the intensity slacked off it melted straight away 

Amazes me how how snow here manages to melt when the ground is frozen solid. All of yesterday's frost melted despite the temperature not getting above freezing and full cloud clover in mid winter.

Posted
Just now, snowangel32 said:

Yep we might see a flurry but even that is a long shot.

I doubt we will, nothing heading our way at all.  I could literally stamp my feet in frustration

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
23 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

As a change of hobby I thought of following SETI because there is probably more chance of finding extra terrestrial life than snow in the Midlands right now