Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
11 minutes ago, Adzyy said:

Definitely isn’t a frost! It’s like the top of a Victoria Sponge at the minute but it’s definitely snowing

It's just started snowing more here. I'm heading north now though. Where I'm sure it won't be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
20 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

It's trying to by 3am the Birmingham line has been breached and looking at te pivot its only going further North.

1987597268_SmartSelect_20190201-005832_WeatherRadar.thumb.gif.70fa20f5450418d958885404c81cb8c4.gif

Interesting. Well, I'm having a late night, so if anything happens in the next hour to 90 minutes I'll post here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

Yep, hope it snows all night long but forecast is for 1 hour or so?? 

Northampton Met office weather app now going for heavy snow next few hours is slowly going north on Radar.I live in Corby don't think doing much there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
2 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

Northampton Met office weather app now going for heavy snow next few hours is slowly going north on Radar.I live in Corby don't think doing much there

If it keeps heading Northwards at the rate it is currently, Corby should start seeing some light snow within the next 30 mins.

Posted
5 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

If it keeps heading Northwards at the rate it is currently, Corby should start seeing some light snow within the next 30 mins.

yes has def been moving up the country as times goes on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

well I can tell you the latest from here by Villa Park just went out for a smoke and nothing is falling out of the sky what so ever but it is bloody cold  I am thinking of staying up for a another hour or so to see if anything is coming but I don’t know. ☺️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Snowing in Bewdley! The flakes are absolutely tiny and you can see individual flakes on car roofs etc. At this intensity it would take about 24 hours to be 1cm deep, but it is coming down right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Sorry to the Leicester folk for getting your hopes up earlier ☹️ Honestly thought it looked decent for you guys though.

The screenshot I took of the radar shows how close it's been. 30-40 miles further North and you'd have been in business ☹️ Same for Brum too.

Capture.PNG

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted
5 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Sorry to the Leicester folk for getting your hopes up earlier ☹️ Honestly thought it looked decent for you guys though.

The screenshot I took of the radar shows how close it's been. 30-40 miles further North and you'd have been in business ☹️ Same for Brum too.

Capture.PNG

seems like gone as far as Corby and Peterborough and stopped. Heavier now in northampton

Posted

Just seen 2 or 3 tiny flakes drifting by the outside light... But apart from that the northern edge seems to have been around Hereford/Worcester for hours. And Cardiff reporting freezing rain, don't remember seeing that in any forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

Nothing not a flake,  the north had it Tuesday, South last night and not a single flake here.   Typical.

Posted
3 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Capture.PNG

Barely a flake !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

The Midlands has been well unlucky so far this Winter. I think we used up our luck last year when every shower seemed to hit. 2 massive fails so far. With Milder times on the Horizon I fear that is it. I know it can snow in March etc but we are Jinxed this year. That huge band of snow has been sitting under Birmingham now some how not moving. If you look all around everywhere had snow at some point in the last 5 days. Lets hope for better next time.

Posted

Not a flake and not at all surprised. The writing was on the wall pretty early yesterday evening for us. Had all crossed but it would have been bordering on a miracle!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

And they STILL have those warnings out.

Posted

About 0.5cm in Evesham - just a wee covering to make it all look nice without causing any disruption.  Exactly per local forecast   

Posted

Get so frustrated with snow, we are so unlucky with snow in Hinckley and Leicester area, we don’t get snow showers when the Cheshire gap streamer goes as they die out before they reach here. Same with easterly wind showers. The only time we tend to see it is with frontal snow from the west and that usually means milder weather is coming and it turns to rain! Rant over lol. I better not here any of the SE mob moaning about lack of snow again for a while it’s been snowing all night so they must have a good covering 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
6 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

How have you done in Witney?

Reminds me of that episode of 'Friends'... PIVOT.... PIVOT!!

About 6cm this morning so a decent covering and still snowing a bit!

I see it didn't get much further north in the end so better luck next time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We ended up with just a cm of snow covering everything. Pretty disappointing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I think most have had nothing at all, just cloud, which they did get right i suppose. Overcast and dry here and temp is -0.8C.