Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

BBC have upgraded my home to two hours of light snow in the Mids. Here in Yeovil damm sleetiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

6B33DC6D-7CC9-407E-9742-A1ECCA73A08F.jpeg

I rest my case

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Then soon the interest will be middle of March, then end of March..

Yep, probably. But you never know...

Posted

If you can acepect that snowmagedon wont happen  then the radar is looking alright   The lighter precipitation is moving at some lick northwards  and most should see some snow i would have thought    Im quite enjoying watching it unfold

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

If you can expect that snowmagedon wont happen  then the radar is looking alright   The lighter precipitation is moving at some lick northwards  and most should see some snow i would have thought    Im quite enjoying watching it unfold

Thats the precipitation euro4 was forecasting on the 18z run last night!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I honestly don't think this is over for the Midlands yet. I don't expect places to see 4 inches+ of snow but some parts could see 5-10cm. Probably more towards the South Midlands now but I still expect Birmingham, Leicester, Coventry, Warwickhire and Northamptonshire to see an inch or 2 from it.

It's not the intensity that will bring the snow amounts, more a case of light snow with moderate bursts over a prolonged period that should bring about some accumulations.

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 1

Posted
Just now, andy_leics22 said:

I honestly don't think this is over for the Midlands yet. I don't expect places to see 4 inches+ of snow but some parts could see 5-10cm. Probably more towards the South Midlands now but I still expect Birmingham, Leicester, Warwickhire and Northamptonshire to see an inch or 2 from it.

i agree

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I honestly don't think this is over for the Midlands yet. I don't expect places to see 4 inches+ of snow but some parts could see 5-10cm. Probably more towards the South Midlands now but I still expect Birmingham, Leicester, Warwickhire and Northamptonshire to see an inch or 2 from it.

I really really really hope I'm wrong but 2 inches is a bit of an overestimate. Probably a dusting at best, really hope I am wrong though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

I really really really hope I'm wrong but 2 inches is a bit of an overestimate. Probably a dusting at best, really hope I am wrong though

2 inches is only about 5cm though mate,  certainly possible tonight. I reckon Leicester will see prolonged light snowfall through tonight. Won't look impressive but it'll add up by the morning. The PPN looks to stall and slowly die away over Central areas overnight. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

2 inches is only about 5cm though mate,  certainly possible tonight. I reckon Leicester will see prolonged light snowfall through tonight. Won't look impressive but it'll add up by the morning. The PPN looks to stall and slowly die away over Central areas overnight. 

BBC have me as 7 hours of light snowfall, maybe a cm or two. Hope you are right though!! You know more than me anyway!!! (Turning into shaky with the exclamation marks) 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
41 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

When is our next chance of a snow event?

31st of May to 4th of June  

Posted

Why do i do this to myself!! Every winter, glued to the 4 runs each day... NW mod thread, snow radar. Jumping on the chase for a big dumping of the fluffy white stuff that causes fun for adults and kids with a change of scenery in a cold environment! My bliss!! I feel a little let down by this SSW, i know there has been a slow trop response and it can't be a guaranteed cold but still... why did the EC46 forecasts fail in this so called "easterly" we were supposed to get? 

Apologies for the rant, just been down the pub in disgust at the northern extent of this system, we were in the "sweet spot" a few days ago... 

I hope for a pep up in the radar... will be glued to it!!, and the lamppost for the night

Hope everyone gets at least a little sprinkling, I'll take that!

All the best 

Chris - Kenilworth, Warwickshire, 98m asl

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

I think we are doing OK. We should be happy there is a chance at all.

With the downgrades we have had, any is a bonus. Yes not loads but a dusting is fine for me as had nothing Tuesday. 

Winter is not over yet.

If you expect nothing then watching is more bareable.

Willing anything to make it.

Stay positive people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

As I  suggested a couple of hours ago, the new low moving very slowly up the Channel has thrown upper level moisture up from the south towards us. As Weirpg has just demonstrated when this hits the very cold upper air over the central Midlands it is readily producing light snow. Turn to the Netweather radar and watch it develop 'insitu'. Also, note/watch the snow develop to the East of London.(Worthing is just reporting snow as well). The snow in the Midlands  is extending/developing  from Worcester eastwards and northwards just north of Oxford, and recently has spread down towards Milton Keynes. Light at the moment, but could pep up.

This will end up moving this way if the low develops further. UKMO did say yesterday that multiple small lows could develop along the front.  There could be others. Although Liam Dutton dissed it, I think it is a real possibility that it could help us.

Just noticed he has retracted his previous statement!!!

With snow all sorts of things can crop up!

I did notice a very flakes half an hour ago here.

The chances are increasing for a lightish fall here tonight.(couple of centimeters, but possibly more,if further moisture is pushed up from France).

Keep the faith in the Central Mids. We could yet see ICON was correct. 

Temps have fallen further here to 0.2C,and the dew point is still -1.7C. Any snow will settle readily. 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Glad to see some positive posts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
18 minutes ago, chris pawsey said:

Why do i do this to myself!! Every winter, glued to the 4 runs each day... NW mod thread, snow radar. Jumping on the chase for a big dumping of the fluffy white stuff that causes fun for adults and kids with a change of scenery in a cold environment! My bliss!! I feel a little let down by this SSW, i know there has been a slow trop response and it can't be a guaranteed cold but still... why did the EC46 forecasts fail in this so called "easterly" we were supposed to get? 

Apologies for the rant, just been down the pub in disgust at the northern extent of this system, we were in the "sweet spot" a few days ago... 

I hope for a pep up in the radar... will be glued to it!!, and the lamppost for the night

Hope everyone gets at least a little sprinkling, I'll take that!

All the best 

Chris - Kenilworth, Warwickshire, 98m asl

I am the same as you Chris, although I have to say I’m not as down as I thought I would be lol, there’s people with a lot more problems than me not getting snow! 

Still bloody frustrating though  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
36 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

I’m holding you to it Andy  lol