Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Okay guys, looking at the models things aren’t looking rosey at all, all I can say is keep an eye on the radar, you never know, it’s happened before peps.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
2 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

There is a nice northeastward movement of the precipitation in the latest radar

Screenshot_2019-01-31-16-38-26.png

i thought itwas just me seeing thongs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Downgrade for me in Yeovil rain until 7 then light snow until 5am. Gfs is teasing the mids.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Okay guys, looking at the models things aren’t looking rosey at all, all I can say is keep an eye on the radar, you never know, it’s happened before peps.

I've already seen a tiny flurry today, which is way more than I was expecting. Absolutely beautiful frozen landscape as well. Got some great photos on my camera. Might take a walk up to Meir Heath and Park Hall Country Park over the weekend, if there's still snow there by then.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

Snow closing in on a line from Hereford to Gloucester currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Just been broken cloud here with the sun shining through

Posted

Liam Dutton just tweeted that it's pivoted sooner than expected, which would keep everything further south.

So not good news I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
4 minutes ago, Gord said:

Liam Dutton just tweeted that it's pivoted sooner than expected, which would keep everything further south.

Was just going to mention that. Dutton says the small low pressure appears not to be where it was modelled to be. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say why that might have happened, but it seems to be tonight's bluebottle in the lotion! Now expecting pretty much nothing here in N Worcs. Who'd have thought it? The ten minutes of sleety stuff a couple of days ago could well end up being the most snow I see falling in the entire week!

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Keep the faith it’s closer than i thought.

still likely to be nothing tho

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Arctic Hare said:

Was just going to mention that. Dutton says the small low pressure appears not to be where it was modelled to be. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say why that might have happened, but it seems to be tonight's bluebottle in the lotion! Now expecting pretty much nothing here in N Worcs. Who'd have thought it? The ten minutes of sleety stuff a couple of days ago could well end up being the most snow I see falling in the entire week!

Indeed. Been a real punch in the stomach this week. However, it now looks rosier for the southeast at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

Wow this front is really moving slowly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
22 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I've already seen a tiny flurry today, which is way more than I was expecting. Absolutely beautiful frozen landscape as well. Got some great photos on my camera. Might take a walk up to Meir Heath and Park Hall Country Park over the weekend, if there's still snow there by then.

Unreal hoar frost, still there in patches, was 'snowing' off the trees, left a covering underneath

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
2 minutes ago, Gord said:

Indeed. Been a real punch in the stomach this week. However, it now looks rosier for the southeast at least.

Ah well, this is the Midlands after all. This is what we get 90% of the time. We should know better by now! I suppose last winter lulled many of us into a false sense of security.

One thing that did give me a smile. Laura Tobin tweeted a video someone had taken of heavy snow in Newquay. Must be a pretty rare sight there, so I'm glad at least someone in a usual snow desert is getting the stuff.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Ah well, this is the Midlands after all. This is what we get 90% of the time. We should know better by now! I suppose last winter lulled many of us into a false sense of security.

One thing that did give me a smile. Laura Tobin tweeted a video someone had taken of heavy snow in Newquay. Must be a pretty rare sight there, so I'm glad at least someone in a usual snow desert is getting the stuff.

But at least we had last winter. If we hadn't, we could* have been looking down the barrel of a 6th appalling winter** in a row!

*most important word in this sentence as it's the 31st January.

**Although with it's occasional frosts and Tuesday's slightly slushy mess, we're still ahead of winters 13/14, 14/15, 15/16 and 16/17.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

Hopefully the east mids can get a dusting from streamers from the north east overnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
15 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

I disagree, don't think you can generalise the whole of the Midlands, this is just the unlikely event where snow remains south of the M4. Here in the Black Country/ WM Conurbation we often do pretty well each Winter compared to surrounding areas, to suggest the current situation happens most of the time is incorrect. If you think the Midlands is bad for snow then I wonder what would you think of living in the South West and South East. Granted I'm only speaking about a rather small area of the Midlands as a whole. Of course I do have the positive on living on a relatively high area as does Birmingham so it is a pretty snowy city relative to elsewhere.

Edited by AppleUK 123
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)
15 minutes ago, Gord said:

That's got to be Game Over then!!!! 

Experts say so 

Joking!  Guess it shows shows what gets modelled is so dynamic on the day. Hey ho!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
9 minutes ago, Barometer Cat said:

That's got to be Game Over then!!!! 

Experts say so 

Joking!  Guess it shows shows what gets modelled is so dynamic on the day. Hey ho!

It is game over the Snow is going to struggle to make it past Bristol. Love your optimism though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Max temp today of -1.9c with an air frost all day. Temp currently -3.8c. I'm hoping to get some snow showers tomorrow blowing in off the North sea.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Didn’t realise Dominos Pizza did this! 

Expensive. But very very tempting...

B039552F-D2C9-494C-AB95-6020CE7C5EB3.thumb.jpeg.a17996a8ae43be093feddf6576b1efb3.jpeg

Our troubles would be over!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

It is game over the Snow is going to struggle to make it past Bristol. Love your optimism though

Yes it’s looking unlikely we will get much at all but it’s certainly not gameover at 5.30 pm. Get a grip if we have had nout by about midnight then yeah say game over

• Like 1