Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather
14 minutes ago, syed2878 said:

hi GP any thoughts on mid to late February to see if we are going to get anything from the SSW down willing 

Still look to have potential. I have the SSW maxing in impacts end of month.

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Glacier Point said:

It’s been a very very slow trop response to this one. It’s like the strat warming delivered a punch to the PV but failed to deliver a killer blow. Thinking maybe the change in the QBO had something to do with it and/or the warming wasn’t quite in the right place for us.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

It’s been a very very slow trop response to this one. It’s like the strat warming delivered a punch to the PV but failed to deliver a killer blow. Thinking maybe the change in the QBO had something to do with it and/or the warming wasn’t quite in the right place for us.

Yep  oh well least its the end of the month now.   He did mean this month right?.   he didnt did he?.  

Posted

Been watching the radar for a while this morning it looks to me ( I may be wrong) t is tracking slightly more north than previously projected . im in Birmingham and I'm not ruling a snow event here yet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That SSW apparently has been running a few weeks now, but obviously has had little effect to our weather pattern so far.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Glacier Point said:

A thin wedge of hope to cling to! 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Yep  oh well least its the end of the month now.   He did mean this month right?.   he didnt did he?.  

Yep. February..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
5 minutes ago, gig1968 said:

Been watching the radar for a while this morning it looks to me ( I may be wrong) t is tracking slightly more north than previously projected . im in Birmingham and I'm not ruling a snow event here yet.

Looks north but it will start to pivot and head south

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon all....

Was -7.5  with me at 7.45 am.... just outside Ashbourne, no fog but by 10.30 it had come down, algone now with a temp of -2 c,partly cloud with a bit of sunshine..... waiting for the  downgrade. 

Edited by landslave
Forgot-

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Shower activity breaking out near Hereford   the precious whilte stuff may be seen there soon. 

Have seen that but thought might just be anaprop?

Posted
18 minutes ago, gig1968 said:

Its either North  or much quicker than what the models were showing   Radar shows front close to swansea   icon has it hitting there around 4ish 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
4 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Its either North  or much quicker than what the models were showing   Radar shows front close to swansea   icon has it hitting there around 4ish 

Seems pretty much inline with the Hirlam for mid day to me. 

UuBboC2.png

yYzoXmU.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Well this winter has been dreadful for most of the country and especially here in the east midlands.  Not even had that many frosts compared to normal years and as for snowfall...........!  And it looks like today's snow will hardly touch us neither.  Absolute dross of a winter.

Posted

Hello, Met Office app now showing 80% chance heavy snow 21.00 here. Northward correction there '*if* this is to be believed...

• Thanks 1

Posted

At one point yesterday I was down for 13 hours of consistent light snow, it is now down to about 3!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
1 minute ago, Glacier Point said:

Hello, Met Office app now showing 80% chance heavy snow 21.00 here. Northward correction there '*if* this is to be believed...

I mean this with sincere respect but I'm quite surprised you look at the MetOffice app, considering you are very well versed in meteorology. Unless there's something about that app which we all don't know  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
Just now, Runcible Spoon said:

met offce raw data now gone from 4 hrs heavy snow in Hereford later evening to 6 hrs of it a bit earlier. Must be a signal for an upgrade?

Hopefully but I doubt they'd publish new warnings of the area and extent at this timeframe unless they were very sure. Probably just mild run to run variances of their internal models.

Posted
1 minute ago, PerfectStorm said:

I mean this with sincere respect but I'm quite surprised you look at the MetOffice app, considering you are very well versed in meteorology. Unless there's something about that app which we all don't know  

It's all automated stuff I know, but gives an insight into their fine mesh raw model outputs