Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Remember BFTE last year the main area with the biggest totals were over Somerset but the precipitation drifted more north than expected and the Midlands got a lot more than what anyone expected and caught most of us by surprised.

Yup and still remember 2013 event!!forecasted 2-5cms but last minute the front continued to push north and east and got 15cms instead!!one of the best snow event for me in Leicester ever°!!today looks very similar but precipiation not as heavy!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Forecaster Centaurea Weather
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Really?  I never heard anyone use the Term brum Conurbation   Maybe its the first attempt of a mass takeover   

What ! Man the barricades. Send scouts to somewhere near Halesowen. Oh, and watch out for these sneaky Wolveramptonites trying to pass themselves as Black Country.

06z runs not great viewing with PPN struggling to get above Bristol. All eyes on the radar for an upset if there is to be one. Key area looks like that push in the band towards Pembrokeshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Yup and still remember 2013 event!!forecasted 2-5cms but last minute the front continued to push north and east and got 15cms instead!!one of the best snow event for me in Leicester ever°!!today looks very similar but precipiation not as heavy!!

Yeah exactly, its happened quite a few times, so we are still in with a chance, but like you said just not as much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
10 minutes ago, weirpig said:

3-7cm  means a Amber Warning?.  Really?.  

It's not so much snow depths, it's down to the fact that the snow will be heavy right around rush hour.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Hmm. Maybe my totally unscientific hunch last night that it was all going to slide south will be right! Not that that's great for those wanting snow further N/E of course. Bewdley is still in the updated yellow warning zone, which (if you zoom in on the warning map) has a northern edge at Cannock.

Meanwhile, still well below freezing here after -4.9 °C last night. At least it looks white!

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's not so much snow depths, it's down to the fact that the snow will be heavy right around rush hour.

It's still pathetic. Upto 10cms yellow warning. 10-30 amber. 30+ red would let people know that these warnings are worth paying attention to. If someone in the amber zone gets 3cms today next time the amber warning could be for 25cms and they would think we'll it wasn't bad at all last time so may ignore it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
17 minutes ago, shaky said:

I'm sure Leicester only got like 6cm from that event

Posted
2 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Here in oadby it was amazing!!snowed all day and continued into the evening before dying out!!and i remember it was a friday aswell just in time for the weekend!

Posted

Now if we could move all that area of red precip to the midlands, that would be great

Screenshot_20190131-110104_Chrome.jpg

Posted
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Here in oadby it was amazing!!snowed all day and continued into the evening before dying out!!and i remember it was a friday aswell just in time for the weekend!

Lool I was in the thurmaston then, NE Leicester. Not the best place for snow in Leicester as it was only 60m asl

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Vmistry said:

Now if we could move all that area of red precip to the midlands, that would be great

Screenshot_20190131-110104_Chrome.jpg

Now, you know that is not going to happen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
8 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

Varied quite a lot. I got about 6 or 7cms too, but 5 miles east of me was more like  10 to 15cm.

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Now, you know that is not going to happen.

I know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Should have told my mum it’s not going to snow in the Mildands, then we could be guaranteed a big dumping! ?

Posted

Today reminds me of this event, although that event got a bit further north but still kind of fragmented over the east mids

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
35 minutes ago, Glacier Point said:

What ! Man the barricades. Send scouts to somewhere near Halesowen. Oh, and watch out for these sneaky Wolveramptonites trying to pass themselves as Black Country.

06z runs not great viewing with PPN struggling to get above Bristol. All eyes on the radar for an upset if there is to be one. Key area looks like that push in the band towards Pembrokeshire.

hi GP any thoughts on mid to late February to see if we are going to get anything from the SSW down willing 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
1 hour ago, Vmistry said:

Screenshot_20180228-105649.thumb.jpg.8ba4ae5c66b2cadfc723ecf9b8668ca6.jpg20180228_180951.thumb.png.0fe9868d285b9aa6ab7ed948c0c95dd3.png20180301_092400.thumb.png.b3a22897220f4b2a88d7e342d214c414.png

Look at all these from the BFTE last year, pretty much everything missed us

You see that hole at the bottom of the chart on the right? Just above Brighton? That was where we lived. Virtually nothing there either. I thought moving north would increase my chances, seems East of Loughborough ain't so good either ☹️

Posted
29 minutes ago, MKN said:

It's still pathetic. Upto 10cms yellow warning. 10-30 amber. 30+ red would let people know that these warnings are worth paying attention to. If someone in the amber zone gets 3cms today next time the amber warning could be for 25cms and they would think we'll it wasn't bad at all last time so may ignore it. 

It's not pathetic at all.  Where and when snow falls is more often a much bigger factor than how much..  3cm of snow in Bristol during the evening commute will cause a lot more disruption to travel than 30cm of snow in the countryside at midnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

Met forecast has removed all but two of the snowflakes for me.

Posted

Only surprised that the warnings for up here weren’t removed sooner. I’m disappointed but at least I had a nice walk through the frozen landscape with my camera this morning.

I think a main consideration when issuing the Amber warning would have been timing. It looks to hit during evening rush hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

South Wales looks the sweet spot to me, Brecons should do well.