BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
19 minutes ago, Sweatyman said:

no it doesnt. its crap

i agree, its got worse.  needs to move further north and east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

It will be a nowcast situation for sure. Anyway of more interest tonight is the temps. It was already -3 at 7pm, but with no wind it feels quite nice for a walk.

I went up Brown Edge and the snow was several inches deep and powdery in nature and had a nice walk in the dark (since the snow makes everywhere brighter)

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I'd snap someone's hand off for 2 cm of snow!

this country really is crap when it comes to snow, if we are so desperate for even a few cms of snow each winter.  Even the middle east has more snow than we do.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
6 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Met and Beeb looks like have next to nowt falling here now, this event will be pointless now, just beware of one or severe frosts, as next week from Monday looks like turning less cold/milder for the foreseeable.

You're glass is always half empty, we are talking weather here and mother nature will do what she wants, let tomorrow come and let the weather do what it will 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Temp now down to -4.1c and freezing fog warning in place 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
1 minute ago, snow freak said:

this country really is crap when it comes to snow, if we are so desperate for even a few cms of snow each winter.  Even the middle east has more snow than we do.

courtesy of the gulf stream !

Posted

BBC Weather is pretty much useless in these situations. Near identical forecasts/snow symbols shown online for Hereford, Northampton, Leicester and Milton Keynes. All automated I presume. 

Posted
Just now, jimben said:

courtesy of the gulf stream !

well bring on global warming so that it shuts the gulf stream down thats what i say

• Like 2

Posted

GFSP now takes the northern edge of the snow to just a few miles to my south. Just need the Euro4 on board and we'll have complete agreement on that.

Posted
5 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Boom! There's the full cross model agreement. Beautiful to behold.

euro4.gif

quite pathetic really   to be honest i dont think you will miss much    although you never know what could happen 

Posted

-5.5C currently, that's colder than it got between March 2013 and Dec 2017. The 2cm snow last Wednesday that lasted till the next day was more than we got during that time too. So this definitely isn't the worst winter ever, even if the first half was utter pants.

3cm tomorrow would do me, as long as we don't see absolutely everywhere else get 10+

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
39 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Euro 4   around 2cm for Brum   ave it  lol

image.thumb.png.f9670e4268a033d55acba48d5cd8cd66.png

That looks more wide spread with only the far North Mids missing out. Hope it goes a touch North so the whole region gets Snow. Also showers everywhere west and east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes
46 minutes ago, snow freak said:

Sure is!

Truthfully, I would be happy to experience only 1 truly great winter in my lifetime I.e. a 47’ or 63’! We have had some amazing winter spells or cold snaps in the past 10 or so years, just nothing that sustained; I still live in hope though...

...it is a shame we are not still in the little iceage as I’m sure it wouldn’t be anywhere near so challenging each year to get a few inches of snow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Currently -3.3 °C here in Bewdley. Went out to look at the stars a few minutes ago and it wasn't too bad, thanks to the lack of wind. On the downside, freezing fog could well be an issue tomorrow morning; there's a warning out for it and this is a location where it's not a huge surprise to see it form in conditions like this.

As for Tomorrow's Event(TM) I have this nasty feeling it's all going to slide away south and nowhere north of Glos/Wilts will get much. Pure hunch, though, not based on anything scientific! Still, unlike some here I did very well a year ago, so I'm much more relaxed than I used to be. Don't want sleet or cold rain, though. Either snow or dry would be okay, but not sleety rain!

Posted
8 minutes ago, Weather of Mass Disruption said:

Sure is!

Truthfully, I would be happy to experience only 1 truly great winter in my lifetime I.e. a 47’ or 63’! We have had some amazing winter spells or cold snaps in the past 10 or so years, just nothing that sustained; I still live in hope though...

...it is a shame we are not still in the little iceage as I’m sure it wouldn’t be anywhere near so challenging each year to get a few inches of snow

The only truly great winter spell I can remember was December 2010. December 2017 wasn’t bad, and there have been a few decent winter and early spring cold spells but the last time I saw a really substantial snowfall was probably 1991, and I was too young to remember.

The biggest snowfall I can remember was 20 cm (Kent, December 2010). Pretty pathetic for a lifetime record. I go into every winter hoping that it might be the one where I see a really significant event (A foot or more) but it just never happens.

If you think winters are bad where you are, try growing up in London. I went years without seeing a frost and watching tomorrow’s event missing me by such a small distance was a very common experience. Gutting every time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Didn't Tuesdays system end up further north than what any model/chart showed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This really will come down to nowcasting. Even a shift Northwards of 50 miles in the band of PPN and it will be great for most of the Midlands. Even the most high-res models can be 30-50 miles out on PPN forecasts at a 24 hour timeframe. If it stays as it is, the majority of the Midlands will see light-moderate snow for a good 6 hours or so before it dies away. Who is going to turn that down?!

I think it will turn out to be a decent event. I know one thing for sure, I'm working in the office in Gibraltar from 6pm till 2:30am tomorrow night. I shall be sneakily using my 3rd screen to check on the radar and this forum to follow the events I kinda wish I was back in Oxford though, I reckon they will do well from this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
35 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Currently -3.3 °C here in Bewdley. Went out to look at the stars a few minutes ago and it wasn't too bad, thanks to the lack of wind. On the downside, freezing fog could well be an issue tomorrow morning; there's a warning out for it and this is a location where it's not a huge surprise to see it form in conditions like this.

As for Tomorrow's Event(TM) I have this nasty feeling it's all going to slide away south and nowhere north of Glos/Wilts will get much. Pure hunch, though, not based on anything scientific! Still, unlike some here I did very well a year ago, so I'm much more relaxed than I used to be. Don't want sleet or cold rain, though. Either snow or dry would be okay, but not sleety rain!

Personally, I think you'll do very well in Bewdley. 10cm+. Your location will be fine even if the band of PPN does end up a bit further North.

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, Weather of Mass Disruption said:

Sure is!

I think December 2010 will be the closest we get to experiencing a true great winter like 47/63, prolonged cold, extreme temperatures and incredible snowfall like that was just amazing, nothing has really come close since then despite a couple of valiant efforts from March 2013 and Feb 2018

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

I can confirm we do not have any freezing fog at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
2 hours ago, snow freak said:

hardly surprising though is it we have one of the crappy climate here in the UK so therefore it’s not really surprisingly we don’t get much snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
1 hour ago, andy_leics22 said:

Personally, I think you'll do very well in Bewdley. 10cm+. Your location will be fine even if the band of PPN does end up a bit further North.

We shall see! 10cm would be a very notable fall for here, probably in the top ten of the last 30 years. It's generally a considerably less snowy site than the Birmingham/Black Country area 15 miles to the NE. I'd actually be more than happy with any sort of proper covering that didn't instantly start dripping!

Whatever happens, I'm pretty sure the 28cm from Dec 2017 is safe!

Edited by Arctic Hare