Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

No it's wrong, my pick is south of the region 15cms in few spots, b'ham area 12cms, north of say Cannock, just a few flurries

Give me charts for this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Posted
1 minute ago, Fozfoster said:

Well thanks 252  that’s the best it gets !!!!! 

Downgrading last three days from heavy snow for 5 hours to a dusting if lucky. The met Office got it spot on Tuesday so why not tomorrow 

Foz

2F42466D-6D69-41F6-94B8-1F77F8601913.png

METO doesn't have a clue right now. They have a yellow warning area that covers half of the UK. Their forecast contains words like "parts of England". It might snow in some parts or not. Tbh this is not a forecast. I know some LPs are difficult to track but I expect more from METO. 

Anyway, as I see things right now its a non event especially for Leicester, even with a northern extension I expect fragmented ppn. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

GFS 18z brings it further south 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Give me charts for this ^^^^^^^^^^^^

they're everywhere, SS posted them in N England thread, the forecast been this all week, best spot of course S of M4

Posted
3 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

GFS 18z brings it further south 

No surprise. GFS is always way too progressive and ends up falling inline with the other models eventually.

Looks much more accurate now it has the snow stopping about 5 miles to my south.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
1 minute ago, Empire Of Snow said:

METO doesn't have a clue right now. They have a yellow warning area that covers half of the UK. Their forecast contains words like "parts of England". It might snow in some parts or not. Tbh this is not a forecast. I know some LPs are difficult to track but I expect more from METO. 

Anyway, as I see things right now its a non event especially for Leicester, even with a northern extension I expect fragmented ppn. 

The low is tracking further south sorry. I would love to be wrong but the met Office have been pretty good for Warwick! Some people will see snow and good luck in that. 

But it’s getting less and less for here 

foz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and more snow.
14 minutes ago, Fozfoster said:

Well thanks 252  that’s the best it gets !!!!! 

Downgrading last three days from heavy snow for 5 hours to a dusting if lucky. The met Office got it spot on Tuesday so why not tomorrow 

Foz

2F42466D-6D69-41F6-94B8-1F77F8601913.png

Hey Foz ?? if something can downgrade, it will around here. I was looking at the dew point the other night on the Wellesbourne airport weather site, much higher than what everyone else in the region was reporting. We are just too low with unfavourable geography it seems. ??‍♂️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers
40 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

Blimey, I'm not far from you at the moment, currently in Maypole. 

Yes not far at all, was looking good for our locale a couple of days ago, but not very hopeful now. Think they’ll be another opportunity though before end of Feb, there’s still March of course also!

Posted

Fully expect the Euro4 model to have it further south on the next update, to complete the full sweep. Should know about 11pm.

Posted
7 minutes ago, VeryCold said:

Hey Foz ?? if something can downgrade, it will around here. I was looking at the dew point the other night on the Wellesbourne airport weather site, much higher than what everyone else in the region was reporting. We are just too low with unfavourable geography it seems. ??‍♂️

Yes VC that’s why the glass is always half empty with snow for our location 

foz

Edited by Fozfoster
  • Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ignore that member, no charts whatsoever, no evidence to ever back things up

You may have just made it more difficult for yourself when your discussions about modern winters come around next. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Fully expect the Euro4 model to have it further south on the next update, to complete the full sweep. Should know about 11pm.

But then come 0z tomorrow it will be further north again.

we live in hope

Posted
8 minutes ago, weirpig said:

GFS  actually quite a snowy run for Central Midlands   Northern extent just below  Stoke at the moment

image.thumb.png.10e3fd49eab2321ea3de8f8afbd0a03e.pngimage.thumb.png.ccc6c8cd80c25de0a0eed2524a2be7d4.pngimage.thumb.png.ce6c3632322738b93bd21907f91caf79.pngimage.thumb.png.410c919d81d6c23a14c4063f93ba4530.png  

Whilst some are saying its gone south doesnt that still look fine?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Stoke seems to be the consensus now for the Northern boundary. All models now in half decent agreement.

• Like 2

Posted

Arpege  take on things   seems to be were most models are heading  of course could still drift  slightly South or North  Best run for a while for Midlands 

image.thumb.png.1f95e81a618612e09729b967cc714323.pngimage.thumb.png.83d2d9217893558971d3725c30d87825.png    image.thumb.png.ed8630ca8d5286e1db76399086e25367.png

Edited by weirpig

Posted

Looks like tonight though has shown the Front isnt that powerful even further South best we can hope for is a dusting. Not many big totals even further South looks marginal and sleet at times in Somerset etc. Think calling time on this event like so many promises so much but so often falls flat. Euro 4 will be further South

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Have to say the latest charts do still seem adamant on a slight shift even more south at this rate it may just touch the Cotswolds. Think we could all do with a good 100 mile shift north in the morning 

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Arpege  take on things   seems to be were most models are heading  of course could still drift  slightly South or North

image.thumb.png.1f95e81a618612e09729b967cc714323.pngimage.thumb.png.83d2d9217893558971d3725c30d87825.png  

About 2cm you reckon of that Wierpig for west mids

Posted
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

Looks like tonight though has shown the Front isnt that powerful even further South best we can hope for is a dusting. Not many big totals even further South looks marginal and sleet at times in Somerset etc. Think calling time on this event like so many promises so much but so often falls flat. Euro 4 will be further South

You'll do fine. As will most of the Midlands. It's only from my town northwards that there looks to be sod all.

• Like 1