Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
43 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Pic I nicked from the SE thread latest forecast. Met and BBC say to the ECM I dont know what your smoking lol.

SmartSelect_20190130-134456_Firefox.thumb.jpg.8a31930de1fa61c002f7db47f304fd38.jpg

Angle looks better for us. Also look at the little low to the South propping up the main front

Don’t look to bad at all looking at that, looking forward to the 12z output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

I'm pinning my hopes on the HIRLAM for East Mids for a dusting of snow

image.thumb.png.e177e5ec45cb22f57a9ad029e58f302e.pngimage.thumb.png.a49dd470889dd124cea1bc34dad43737.png

Edited by Ninman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh Hiralm is pretty nice, 12z about to start soon will there will be a shift North or South but wich one. Shift South and it's a dusting at best from flurries. Shift North and it's 5cm plus again. Heart says North but head says South on the past results. Place your bets now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Yh Hiralm is pretty nice, 12z about to start soon will there will be a shift North or South but wich one. Shift South and it's a dusting at best from flurries. Shift North and it's 5cm plus again. Heart says North but head says South on the past results. Place your bets now

South, always happens. I know I'm being negative but if you don't expect anything you'll be less disappointed

Posted

I'm not expecting anything but this thread man - it builds your hopes up before crushing them under a wet sleety mix of nothing. No point in waxing down the kids sledge just yet...

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Just for entertainment value (if nothing else!) it will shift further north and then be further at odds with the lower res models. Then the likes of GFS/ECM etc will move it north on their next runs. Tomorrow, it will then come to a nowcasting scenario, where it will actually end up in the English channel.....that would sum up this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

upgrade downgrade upgrade downgrade lol who cares atm it’s not until tomorrow evening so it really dosnt matter what they show today imo

Posted
18 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

ICON a tiny bit further north. Maybe 10 miles. Still doesn't reach the far north of the region.

Thought it was further south to be fair!!u got any charts to compare between 06z and 12z°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

If I could bank the ICON I would! I like the fact there is a second shot of snow on Friday lunchtime that looks quite intense over Oxfordshire 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, birdman said:

If I could bank the ICON I would! I like the fact there is a second shot of snow on Friday lunchtime that looks quite intense over Oxfordshire 

Is oxford even in the midlands

Posted
1 minute ago, shaky said:

Thought it was further south to be fair!!u got any charts to compare between 06z and 12z°

It also looked a touch South to me Shaky but the light snow risk further North.

Posted
2 minutes ago, shaky said:

Can't now that it's updated and over ran the previous update on meteociel.

The front it showed for Sunday, with snow on it's leading edge splits in half on this run, with very little over the Midlands now.

Posted

ARPEGE also has a wintry mess/mix down the spine of England on Saturday, just in case this week's drama isn't enough

image.thumb.png.88523ae1f66261341dacf201fdbc3d0b.png

Posted
1 minute ago, shezale said:

Is oxford even in the midlands

Extreme south of the midlands, extreme north west of se region, extreme north east of the sw region lol

We need our own region

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like light snow for a few hours Thursday night for North and central mids risk of heavy snow South mids following the Icon. Let's see how the big three go

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

It also looked a touch South to me Shaky but the light snow risk further North.

its a fraction further south and i'm talking cigarette papers here

Posted

Don't be surprised to see a flurry or two over the next couple of hours. A little stream of light showers has set up between Birmingham and London and occasionally, when this has happened in the past, it sometimes continues to build to the northwest and join with the stream of showers over North Wales. Seen it before. Not every time, sometimes they just fizzle out to nothing again. It won't be much and I expect hardly many will see it but thought it was worth noting.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

A bit of snizzle falling here atm, just to break up the boredom

Posted
21 minutes ago, Gord said:

Don't be surprised to see a flurry or two over the next couple of hours. A little stream of light showers has set up between Birmingham and London and occasionally, when this has happened in the past, it sometimes continues to build to the northwest and join with the stream of showers over North Wales. Seen it before. Not every time, sometimes they just fizzle out to nothing again. It won't be much and I expect hardly many will see it but thought it was worth noting.

Interesting