Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
25 minutes ago, VeryCold said:

Love the big hole around Warwick, Stratford and Wellesbourne. Figures

Think it's meant to be the Vale of Boredom Evesham but they put it a bit further east by mistake

Posted

Ive just spent my Lunch break looking at the a blob on the radar  getting no further than the Welsh Border  Yet in France there is a huge stream  approaching Paris   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

A better one.

You can see how the snow gathers a few miles to my south and refuses to go any further north.

A62D4657-56B9-4E2B-ABA9-CCDB791C67E1.jpeg

I feel your pain with this one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
6 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

A better one.

You can see how the snow gathers a few miles to my south and refuses to go any further north.

Yes I hope so means it will stall right over the Black country PMSL. But in all honesty it's still 24 hours to go also gfs was further North so expect further corrections North or South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
5 minutes ago, Storme said:

I feel your pain with this one.

Unfortunately this is pretty common.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

I'm feeling it will reach the north Midlands. I'm a bit optermistic about how much to expect here in West Midlands. I see so many confusing comments, I just don't no. South East thread frustrates me, they seem to think it won't go further north than them.

Posted

Do you not think all these graphics of where the snow is and isn't, analysing every single frame is a little much. We are talking 20 miles further north, that could quite possibly happen modelled or not. Just relax and if it snows great, if it doesn't, then move on. 

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

A better one.

never much good anyway with any form of easterly breeze cutting across the front..we are on a south west facing slope ...sucks!

Posted
1 minute ago, Uttoxeter snow said:

Do you not think all these graphics of where the snow is and isn't, analysing every single frame is a little much. We are talking 20 miles further north, that could quite possibly happen modelled or not. Just relax and if it snows great, if it doesn't, then move on. 

blooming eck! chill out jezza matts only looking at what everbody is looking at..

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Uttoxeter snow said:

That is true I seen something one year with a forecaster saying even at +12 the accuracy the models are able to achieve means there can be a difference of say 20 miles further north or south. 

Posted

Just heard latest ecm 06z even further south and the front hardly makes it into wales and midlands!i think its time to put this snow event to bed and just know this aint gona happen for us!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

An hour of snow this morning around 10am, gave dusting, from Cheshire Gap, Hixon, a few miles to the NE, missed it I'm told

my 3rd smattering this year, 

Posted

Bbc East Midlands forecast was brave. Went all the way out till 4pm tomorrow.

Posted

Far too much stressing on here today! Keeping expectations low is a sensible thing to do but don't write it off completely. Thankfully we finally got some decent weather last year and broke that spell of barren winters so at least we're not praying for miracles to end the drought anymore!

For those who think they may be too far north, I refer you to February 9th 2007. I lived in Gnosall near Stafford at the time. We were supposed to get hit with snow on the 8th but only got a light covering. We were meant to stay dry on the 9th but that weather system spread much further north than anticipated. The only let down was that the mild weather returned next morning.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Pic I nicked from the SE thread latest forecast. Met and BBC say to the ECM I dont know what your smoking lol.

SmartSelect_20190130-134456_Firefox.thumb.jpg.8a31930de1fa61c002f7db47f304fd38.jpg

Angle looks better for us. Also look at the little low to the South propping up the main front

Edited by snowangel32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!

Well I reckon the ARPEGE is looking very tasty for south midlands. All this tooing and froing it will probably be somewhere in between!

Edited by birdman

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

From a purely selfish point of view, I could do with tomorrows snow (if any) not coming till after midnight as I'm out and about. I had enough trouble driving back from North Wales yesterday afternoon as a couple of routes home were blocked and this was only just passable...…

IMG_20190129_134926932.jpg.ef97ff7cd5c927034298c37ed69aa75d.thumb.jpg.9f3ced4ef96a7cb988f8c1c496bed73f.jpg

Edited by kar999

Posted

Tempted to take a trip up to the Moorlands over the weekend. Assuming yesterday's snow will still be there. Been wanting to visit there since I moved to Stoke and, if the snow won't come to me, I will go to the snow! Bought a new camera just before winter started and really wanted to go out and take some proper wintry photos of snow covered landscape but not had the chance so far.

Posted

Downgrade for my area from Met now just a bit of light snow and I am in the current Snow zone. Maybe they are now only just taking the latest models into account. It's tense but it's why we all love the chase lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold

How are we looking still a disaster..

Not been checking too painful.

If matt is not happy neither am I.

Edit just looked up

Edited by WinterWilf

Posted
Just now, WinterWilf said:

How are we looking still a disaster..

Not been checking too painful.

If matt is not happy neither am I.

Oh Dear. You must never be happy 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

From the Metoffice. Deary me. 

image.thumb.png.0f7be1aa0629a48b76b5239308dd6138.png

Posted

Only 24 hours away and reading conflicting and contradictory reports. It is pretty clear that no one has any real idea, for certain, how this is going to play out tomorrow. If you going into the SE thread then it seems that the system won't venture much 20 miles north of London. Yet another report indicates Wales will see a lot of snow and then another stating that Wales is going to completely miss out and if you watch the Met Office they seem to indicate it will be the South West, Wales, and parts of the Midlands and SE. As such, safe to say, the safest bet is simply wait and see what happens tomorrow evening and overnight. 

Because despite the billions of pounds of technology, Mother Nature still is and always will be one step ahead. 

• Like 2