Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Latest GFSP now much further south too. Misses the North Midlands completely. 

Just need the old GFS to come on board and then all 4 main models will be in agreement. Like poetry in motion.

Shouldn't come as a surprise mate. 

I said a couple of days back we needed shifts and trends north before the inevitable shift south came. 

The writing was on the wall at 4PM today when the UKMO and then ECM said....HUGE JUMP SOUTH!

Live in hope, but I'm expecting to stay all dry and snowless north of Birmingham. Just can't see it. 

Happy to be proven wrong. There's many things to learn about living in the NW midlands pal, 1, is ignore what the Cheshire gap shows until it's falling outside of your window and accumulating, the second is when a sliding system that can provide our biggest falls starts sliding south alarmingly, then forget it and move onto the next. 

Gutted how this week's turned out, it had all the hall marks of a memorable one - instead it's been wet, miserable and snowless. 

6 weeks to go...can us north of Birmingham pull anything out of the fire?

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

Shouldn't come as a surprise mate. 

I said a couple of days back we needed shifts and trends north before the inevitable shift south came. 

The writing was on the wall at 4PM today when the UKMO and then ECM said....HUGE JUMP SOUTH!

Live in hope, but I'm expecting to stay all dry and snowless north of Birmingham. Just can't see it. 

Happy to be proven wrong. There's many things to learn about living in the NW midlands pal, 1, is ignore what the Cheshire gap shows until it's falling outside of your window and accumulating, the second is when a sliding system that can provide our biggest falls starts sliding south alarmingly, then forget it and move onto the next. 

Gutted how this week's turned out, it had all the hall marks of a memorable one - instead it's been wet, miserable and snowless. 

6 weeks to go...can us north of Birmingham pull anything out of the fire?

Yep. It looks dead in the water for up here. Plenty of fun for the rest of the Midlands, and for the once snowless (until I moved away) south east. 3 complete non-events in just over a week is quite impressive!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yh gfs is a shocker and has to be taken seriously as it's the latest model out. I can see this missing the Midlands entirely unfortunately. Hey you win some you lose some. At least we had a bit of snow today. The South mids might just be ok. Hopefully tomorrow will halt the southerly trend or the whole UK could miss out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yep. It looks dead in the water for up here. Plenty of fun for the rest of the Midlands, and for the once snowless (until I moved away) south east. 3 complete non-events in just over a week is quite impressive!

Idk why you think you're the only one in the dry... I've literally not seen a flake fall out the sky this entire winter around here.

Posted
2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

Idk why you think you're the only one in the dry... I've literally not seen a flake fall out the sky this entire winter around here.

Never said I'm the only one. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Indeed. 

Question is, do we have 1 more lucrative chase left in the locker or does the last 3 months get swept under the carpet now? 

We are going to need to be so lucky, so quickly if we are to pull any redeeming factor out of this dismal and pathetic winter affair. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Never said I'm the only one. 

I kinda took "fun for rest of midlands" as meaning everyone outside of Stoke . If not fair enough. Our time will come one of these winters... 

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
2 minutes ago, kmanmx said:

I kinda took "fun for rest of midlands" as meaning everyone outside of Stoke . If not fair enough. Our time will come one of these winters... 

Everyone outside of the North Midlands. South and Central Midlands should do well. Probably very well in the West/Central Midlands! Touch more marginal in the South Midlands but I think they'll be OK.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

Euro 4 out  difficult to see really as only goes  up to 48hrs  looks southish though   how south can't tell 

It's not going to make the West Mids on this run. Time to call it a day now for Thursday. This rate it will miss the whole UK. Almost every run brings it 20 miles South. Still almost 48 hours to go of Southerly corrections lol.

Posted

A couple of images first up the GFS precip accumulation by 6pm Friday... Bare in mind the majority shown over the Midlands is via the low Thurs into Fri. 

Second picture is the latest euro 4 at +48.

Screenshot_20190129_230523_com.android.chrome.jpg

19013118_2918.gif

Posted

Well the beeb have totally changed ther forecast for thursday had a period of heavy snow for coventry for 4hrs on thursday night and now they have removed the snow symbol for Thursday LOL think even here in coventry will be to far north! What a joke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Most

12 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Yh gfs is a shocker and has to be taken seriously as it's the latest model out. I can see this missing the Midlands entirely unfortunately. Hey you win some you lose some. At least we had a bit of snow today. The South mids might just be ok. Hopefully tomorrow will halt the southerly trend or the whole UK could miss out.

GFS have the whole of the Midlands covered and the Control still has snow over us come 7am the next day, so why are saying the GFS 18z is a shocker......Most GEFS members have snow for all of the Midlands. 

image.thumb.png.1ef8c8a0eec77ebfe6737efdb6dc337c.pngimage.thumb.png.76fb3d172233dc90b964fd3a4dc87099.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Euro 4 out  difficult to see really as only goes  up to 48hrs  looks southish though   how south can't tell 

Runs out to +54 hours on weather.us, but hasn't updated yet. I'll keep checking it.

Has snow almost right down to the South Coast. Quite impressive. Also has heavy snow showers here tomorrow morning, but it's shown that several times in the past few weeks and has yet to get it right.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, shezale said:

Well the beeb have totally changed ther forecast for thursday had a period of heavy snow for coventry for 4hrs on thursday night and now they have removed the snow symbol for Thursday LOL think even here in coventry will be to far north! What a joke

Ignore website or app automated forecasts you will see it change one way then the next all the while.

Posted
1 minute ago, shezale said:

You won't be alone expect many places heavy Snow symbol to disappear. Including my own

Posted

jesus you guys it's not life or death, this is a hobby and reading your posts it's like the worlds ending because if may not snow..... get a grip..... see what happens and move on...... it's not life or death...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Most

GFS the whole of the Midlands is covered and the Control still snow over us come 7am the next day, so why are saying the GFS 18z is a shocker......Most GEFS members have snow for all of the Midlands. 

image.thumb.png.1ef8c8a0eec77ebfe6737efdb6dc337c.pngimage.thumb.png.76fb3d172233dc90b964fd3a4dc87099.png

Soz meant gfp lol. Just can see this going South soz if negative guys

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Most

GFS have the whole of the Midlands covered and the Control still has snow over us come 7am the next day, so why are saying the GFS 18z is a shocker......Most GEFS members have snow for all of the Midlands. 

Maybe they meant the GFSP. Although that still looks good for the south and central Midlands.

Posted
2 minutes ago, MKN said:

Ignore website or app automated forecasts you will see it change one way then the next all the while.

Tbh the beeb forecast for today had it bang on but everything has gone south for thursday not looking as good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Please let us no where you guys are getting ya crystal ball from, I want one, over analizing every run is a sure way to send you round the bend, it will end up where it ends up, I still fancy a more correction north than currently showing, I said earlier today, southern central Wales and into Central Western Midlands, its pretty much still game on 

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Oh! well, the BBC APP as me now down for 14 hrs of light snow lol, off to zzZZ now, well see come tomorrow.... HAPPY SNOW DREAMS  :lazy:

• Like 1

Posted

Best way look at Thursday, if it Snows great, if not I can earn extra money by being able drive Friday morning lol.

Always next Winter folks. Remember Stoke used to always get it through the 90's so at some point, we'll get another one.

Posted
21 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Runs out to +54 hours on weather.us, but hasn't updated yet. I'll keep checking it.

Has snow almost right down to the South Coast. Quite impressive. Also has heavy snow showers here tomorrow morning, but it's shown that several times in the past few weeks and has yet to get it right.

For some reason, I can’t select the precipitation charts on the Euro4 18z. All I can get is the sea level pressure. Not really sure what to make of it.

6A97CA69-0984-4D43-985E-BEF2800437EB.jpeg

Posted

Been following these roller-coaster rides for a while now, signed up and now able to comment, can our luck get any worse? Hopefully something big isnt too far away