Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Some birds are going to roost but others still manically feeding and singing here. When all goes quiet then I know something is on its way!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

A few spots of rain in Nottingham with the ground fairly dry. Not convinced we'll see any settled snow. Looks like it will be mostly rain with it turning to wet snow before the band dies out. Thursday/Friday looks more promising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Still raining here in central Birmingham. Heaviest core of the band seems to be fizzling out somewhat, although could strengthen again as it's quite an active front. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

It's lost a bit of energy in the last 30 minutes, looking at the radar, just light rain here.

Waste of time all this marginal rubbish, won’t settle even if it does turn to snow. If we get anything Thursday it will all be mush by Friday afternoon. Not sure about anyone else, but unless it’s a proper cold outbreak it don’t interest me these days.

Posted

After 2/3 hours of rain it is now snowing, the projective radar was showing the change over would be about 1.45pm unbelievable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Funny how the front is getting heavier as it pushes east of me. 

Great....send it down the A52 to Nottingham and I'll pick it up with a truck load of salt!

Posted

Still moderate rainfall in Matlock, lots on the radar heading this way, seen plenty of reports of snow on the higher ground toward Buxton 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

No ppn either solid or liquid here. Bloomin' cold though.

Posted
38 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Yes mate, just down past the old Caldwell. More towards Butt Lane. So I need you keep me posted as to whether I can get home later lol

It's really going for it now, could quickly cover if this carries on. Keep an eye on it mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

It looks like it's going according to plan here.

For some hours, we've had SWerly rain.

That's now veered round to Werly and sleet. 

If the forecast was correct it should now continue to veer round to NWerly and bring us the coveted Cheshire Gap Streamer, and THAT is what will bring us the snow.

Don't fret about the Welsh mountains. They never were relevant to today's snow chances - it's this next bit where it veers to NWerly that brings the snow down to the Midlands, and across... 

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me
2 minutes ago, StokeWeather said:

It's really going for it now, could quickly cover if this carries on. Keep an eye on it mate.

Roads covered in biddulph and chatterley whitfield im informed by a supplier.

Sticking in Tunstall now

Posted
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

Roads covered in biddulph and chatterley whitfield im informed by a supplier.

Sticking in Tunstall now

Only takes a small burst of thicker snow and it seems to be settling. A few top ups throughout the afternoon could make rush hour interesting for certain areas.

Guest Delete Me

I'm at work in Tunstall which is quite low down in Stoke, it's thick, heavy and sticking!

I'm also around 200 meter from the highways agency depot....I have not seen a single gritter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Temp starting to drop now, but precip is still light.

Posted
8 minutes ago, el tiempo said:

Starting to stick on grass & cars

I was about to say that it doesn't look heavy or persistent enough to settle, but that sounds encouraging! Normally more settles near my home in Longton than near my work near Hanley, so could be interesting walk home this evening.