Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter
5 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Think I might have to make a trip back home to the Midlands for Thursday, don't really want to miss what could turn out to be my best shot at significant snow this winter. I haven't been keeping up with the forecasts, but assuming the Midland's cops it, what totals are we looking at? Thanks

I'd say 7-10 cm west mids, 3-6cm east mids,

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Here we go big flakes in Northern Stoke now, still the ground is soaked so its going to be impossible to stick

Will settle if its cold enough. Doesn't matter how wet it is.

Still just sleet in central Stoke.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Here we go big flakes in Northern Stoke now, still the ground is soaked so its going to be impossible to stick

Long as the Dps get cold enough  the Channel will turn into one Giant marshmellow. 

Edited by weirpig

Posted
1 minute ago, Monkeypants said:

snow St3

That's where I live! Sat at work in ST4 though, and it's still sleeting. Always slightly warmer in Stoke City.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
2 minutes ago, StokeWeather said:

What dew points do we need to be looking at for the snow to stick to wet ground like it currently is?

If it's heavy enough it will stick on any surface. Any heavy precipitation will also bring down the air temperatures (and dew points) making it easier for the snow to settle. 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Light snow has now turned moderate here.

Temp 0c

Dp -0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

So far just a little light rain here, Temp 3.5'C.

Posted
3 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Still raining in Matlock some bigger flakes mixed in now though 

Much colder uppers will push in later -7/-8 so plenty of time yet for lower levels.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Polar Maritime said:

Much colder uppers will push in later -7/-8 so plenty of time yet for lower levels.

The front does seem to be delayed in getting to us. Is that down to simply the welsh mountains fragmenting the band  or is because its pushed further North then previously thought?.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Still Rain / Sleet in Newcastle lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Been mainly dry for last half hour or so, temp 4.1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

The front does seem to be delayed in getting to us. Is that down to simply the welsh mountains fragmenting the band  or is because its pushed further North then previously thought?.

This is what is worrying me.. central Midlands Bearly seeing any precipitation due to the decay

Posted
Just now, Andypvfc said:

Still Rain / Sleet in Newcastle lol

The famous Newcastle microclimate, I remember it raining there and back home it was white over with cars ditched. It's heavy snow in Talke now btw (I think I have seen you post that you are from there, right?)

Posted
1 minute ago, i love snow said:

This is what is worrying me.. central Midlands Bearly seeing any precipitation due to the decay

Always the same with them Mountains   god knows why they were put there.  Hopefully thought  there seems to be heavy stuff coming from the South West  fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

4.1?  wow must be tropical in that part of wolves.

Yeah, i have two one is reading 4.1C the other is reading 3.6C, so still not bitter.