Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, PerfectStorm said:

That's not how it works. Under precipitation that temperature could easily fall to near-freezing. 

I know how it works but it wasn't forecast to get anywhere near 4 degrees today, even now they're still saying for it to be 1 to 2 degrees, it's just so incorrect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

The midlands will be obliterated by 3pm

Posted

My little one has a party in Stourbridge at 5:15 today, and we are in Sedgley, not sure I fancy driving across at rush hour as barely a dusting and you just know there will be gridlock!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

In Kidderminster right now. Just stopped raining after a longish period of light rain. Rooftop thermometer says 3.5C, which feels about right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Remember: DP's and surface temps will fall dramatically under the precipitation. Just because it's showing +3C now, it will NOT be showing that once the precip arrives. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, PhilM1 said:

My little one has a party in Stourbridge at 5:15 today, and we are in Sedgley, not sure I fancy driving across at rush hour as barely a dusting and you just know there will be gridlock!

If there is precipitation around at that time  im pretty certain it will be snow at that altitude  im a little concerned about my drive back also

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

If there is precipitation around at that time  im pretty certain it will be snow at that altitude  im a little concerned about my drive back also

Indeed! Luckily I am on a half day today so at least I'll get back from work in Brum without any drama. (Train to Coseley then short drive up the hill to Sedgley)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Starting to see snowflakes.

Oh ye of little faith!

I got my elevation wrong, we are actually 84m above sea level. 

Edited by Storme
Autocorrect

Posted
3 minutes ago, Storme said:

Oh ye of little faith!

Actually i guessed mine  not to sure what it is.  How do you check?.

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer of 95 said:

You must have had a few "thunderstorm misses me by 10 miles" letdowns as well?

My brother in law lives in Iowa and he always updates us on the weather when he phones.  The climate there seems to be very much "all or nothing"; last time he said he had 8" snow and single digits (F) temps, other times in the winter we have had snow when he had nothing. 

The beauty of thunderstorm let downs over there is that because of the landscape, you still can get the pleasure of distant cbs lighting up like lightbulbs!

Very much agree with the all of nothing. Winter 2005/6 over there was a perfect example. Very cold and snowy December. Mild and wet with no snow at all for the rest of the winter as the likes of Washington/New York kept getting hit over and over again.

The mild sectors that drifted across the Ohio Valley from the Gulf of Mexico were huge pains in the backside!

Posted

Think I might have to make a trip back home to the Midlands for Thursday, don't really want to miss what could turn out to be my best shot at significant snow this winter. I haven't been keeping up with the forecasts, but assuming the Midland's cops it, what totals are we looking at? Thanks

Posted

Wind is picking up here, means that ppn is incoming. Feels colder the last 10mins. It will surely start as light rain. Hope it intensifies quickly for a better chance of snow later.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Storme said:

Oh ye of little faith!

Eh? I haven't dismissed today (yet).

I'm 146 metres above sea level.