Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

So wish I was home today and stuck on low ground in redditch, hoping to get a surprise when I get home later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
1 minute ago, Jason74 said:

Rain, rain, and rain. Another non-event. 

Well, I certainly didn't see any forecast for today which started with snow! They ALL started with rain turning to snow, all the ones I saw...

So you're writing off what's forecast to happen this afternoon, evening and overnight... it may indeed not happen as snow, but since we're still five or more hours beforehand...!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Well, I certainly didn't see any forecast for today which started with snow! They ALL started with rain turning to snow, all the ones I saw...

So you're writing off what's forecast to happen this afternoon, evening and overnight... it may indeed not happen as snow, but since we're still five or more hours beforehand...!

exactly this. Still hope for later as the band moves across. Snow, if it does arrive will be later on this afternoon and evening I think?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Temp up to 2.5C, so not surprised with rain, maybe Thursday could bring some of the white stuff down, but looking two days ahead is still unpredictable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We were shafted last Tuesday by timings and rain before, today will be no different. No accumulations here today unless the Cheshire gap gets going tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

I know it was incorrect, but the MetOffice local forecast for Wolves is/was starting with light snow, then sleet, then finishing with heavy snow, so it's just a case of watching and waiting.

Posted
17 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

Happy to be proved wrong but I'd bet every penny I have that not a flake will fall here today or overnight. All these events seem quite hyped up and then end up being a wet, soggy fart. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Drizzle here, 2.3C, dewpoint is low enough at -1.5 but precip is too light

Dew -1.5?   Thats very good  hopefully should make its way over here  

Posted

Temp up to 2.8C now.

Posted

Light drizzle here too. Heavier rain wasn't forecasted to start until around lunchtime so looking at the radar, the forecast is looking accurate so far. Then hopefully, the changeover to snow later this afternoon.

My concern is the rain band moving through before the colder air can dig in. We've seen it happen many times before. It's also a scenario that used to happen a lot when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. A lot of people think that it's only us here who gets screwed over a lot in the winter. In the lower Midwest, the rewards can be massive, but the disappointments are not only numerous, but are huge. We're not talking about little mild sectors that tip the dew point above freezing like we get here. I remember being under severe snow warnings yet a big mild sector drifting up from the Gulf of Mexico goes further north than predicted and suddenly, you're looking at heavy rain and 15c!

Being on the cusp is something that the UK is best at!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just started snowing here. Temp 0c.   Dp -1c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met still say sleet and rain until 2pm then snow until 9pm. Dry here so far wich is good.

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Met still say sleet and rain until 2pm then snow until 9pm. Dry here so far wich is good.

Met got me down for heavy snow from now till 9pm      Yeah right.  

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Raining down the road in Tipton at the moment, hopefully the DP will drop a degree or two later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
Just now, weirpig said:

Yh mate it's possible though is it me or is the Chesire gap looking lively again. I think it will be sleety then turn to snow around 4pm. But yh Met say heavy snow for us. Let's see

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

The met office app forecasts have been going mental every couple of hours i started this morning with a forecast of rain then sleet then heavy snow from around 5 now its got heavy snow symbol from 12 till 8, its not to be trusted.

Having said that those who are already giving up im pretty sure are giving up far far too early, this is very much a look at radar and out your window time not an app time

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, Gord said:

Light drizzle here too. Heavier rain wasn't forecasted to start until around lunchtime so looking at the radar, the forecast is looking accurate so far. Then hopefully, the changeover to snow later this afternoon.

My concern is the rain band moving through before the colder air can dig in. We've seen it happen many times before. It's also a scenario that used to happen a lot when I lived in Columbus, Ohio. A lot of people think that it's only us here who gets screwed over a lot in the winter. In the lower Midwest, the rewards can be massive, but the disappointments are not only numerous, but are huge. We're not talking about little mild sectors that tip the dew point above freezing like we get here. I remember being under severe snow warnings yet a big mild sector drifting up from the Gulf of Mexico goes further north than predicted and suddenly, you're looking at heavy rain and 15c!

Being on the cusp is something that the UK is best at!

You must have had a few "thunderstorm misses me by 10 miles" letdowns as well?

My brother in law lives in Iowa and he always updates us on the weather when he phones.  The climate there seems to be very much "all or nothing"; last time he said he had 8" snow and single digits (F) temps, other times in the winter we have had snow when he had nothing.