Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
20 minutes ago, TonyH said:

Looks on the edge to me there

I guess its my biased eye showing me what i want to see!!

Anyways how's things looking after the gfs run i had a peek in the mod thread but it was all just to confusing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

weather for week ahead on bbc, Tuesday looked good for snow for whole Midlands, disruptive snow mentioned! Wed dry, thurs and Fri dry, fronts not making it this far N and E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
35 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

weather for week ahead on bbc, Tuesday looked good for snow for whole Midlands, disruptive snow mentioned! Wed dry, thurs and Fri dry, fronts not making it this far N and E

Thursday/Friday....they can't even work out what's happening Tuesday yet lol

The ICON HI RES looks tasty for Thursday....Just fun charts at this stage, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW

image.thumb.png.3778524b04c7ff52a7c37320eac73a49.pngimage.thumb.png.af4687701566faad8f4a4d0012467555.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

I think keeping an open mind is really the best approach. I wouldn't like to say things like 'it won't get this far north', or 'I'm in the sweet spot'. 10-20 miles could really make a difference on this one.

20 miles further north than expected might be a ballache on the M6 but it's nothing to a weather system.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I find this thread rather peculiar. All the other regions' thread are fairly active every day but the Midlands one is almost always dead outside the days where it's actually snowing outside. COME ON PEOPLE UP YA GAME!! :yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

I find this thread rather peculiar. All the other regions' thread are fairly active every day but the Midlands one is almost always dead outside the days where it's actually snowing outside. COME ON PEOPLE UP YA GAME!! 

Because on the days its not snowing we're outside playing in the drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
On 26/01/2019 at 00:22, fizz511 said:

Hi lovely - well that was quite a change of job - sunny Gib huh? 

You’ll be back, it’s no place for a snow lover

Hellooo Fizzychops  

Yep, I am now working as a fraud analyst for Betfred, bit different from the carer job i had before! I am certain I will be moving back to the UK in the summer. I enjoy my job but I miss my family and friends too much. Plus, as you say, I already hate the fact that my chances of snow here are around 1% 

The UV index here, even in December,is around 5! Madness. Looks promising for you Midlanders on Tuesday! I'll be following it with you, from afar 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry in summer and cold and snowy in winter

The band of ppn on Tuesday looks narrow to me, maybe 2-3 hours of light to moderate snow

Edited by Vmistry

Posted
8 hours ago, Vmistry said:

The band of ppn on Tuesday looks narrow to me, maybe 2-3 hours of light to moderate snow

Yes

hopefylly Thursday can deliver ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Tues event could be like 13th Dec 2017, heavy snow about 2cms fell on wet ground, about 90 mins of heavy snow!

Thurs up in the air, looks narrowish too

can't believe suddenly all models say turning less cold on Sunday 3rd, with a very fast thaw

Posted
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tues event could be like 13th Dec 2017, heavy snow about 2cms fell on wet ground, about 90 mins of heavy snow!

Thurs up in the air, looks narrowish too

can't believe suddenly all models say turning less cold on Sunday 3rd, with a very fast thaw

Think thursday is the main event with tuesday being the promo! I think anywhere north of Birmingham could be looking at 10cms plus on thursday!

Posted

Reading through the model discussion thread, it goes from "Snowpocolypse" one minute to "a bit of drizzle" the next,

I guess we just have to wait and see

Met Office seems to have watered down it's warning for the Midlands too...

Posted
3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Reading through the model discussion thread, it goes from "Snowpocolypse" one minute to "a bit of drizzle" the next,

I guess we just have to wait and see

Met Office seems to have watered down it's warning for the Midlands too...

Can you explain how they have watered down the warnings it hasn't changed at all from what i can see for tuesday. At the moment east of the region looks good for tuesday and the whole region on thursday!!

Posted
4 minutes ago, shezale said:

Can you explain how they have watered down the warnings it hasn't changed at all from what i can see for tuesday. At the moment east of the region looks good for tuesday and the whole region on thursday!!

ah apologies, I mixed up something posted in the other thread:

image.thumb.png.583630af8e18b2041be36a18cd0f755f.png

where is says "rain turning to snow, especially on hills" and thought that was for this region, but on closer inspection, the warning is, as you say, unchanged

My bad

Posted

Well heavy Snow to hit here at around 5ish Tuesday evening  im not expecting much perhaps a few inches in places  then onto Thursday which at the moment looks good   

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

"Rain turning to snow, especially on hills" remains the forecast for me in Worcs. I'm not getting my hopes up too much for Tuesday, since I don't expect more than a bit of very wet snow. If Thursday's snow could just extend southwards a little more, that one might be a lot more interesting here!

Anyway, as things stand it's a lovely winter's day, with bright sunshine at 4 °C and lighter winds than of late. I can certainly live with that for now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

I am not bothering with other threads. They are all so bloomin' rude, especially about the Midlands thread. 

I personally am still undecided as to whether I will see much snow. 

Clear blue sky and lovely sun today.

Posted

image.thumb.png.ed9daa83dcb67e6b4491ba5b33fd87c6.png  ppn accum. totals if you use GFS 06h all the way out to Saturday. Plenty of chances for heavy snowfall in the Peaks and around North Mids.

but thats just using the GFS 06h run. not checked dp yet throughout period.

Posted
1 minute ago, Storme said:

I am not bothering with other threads. They are all so bloomin' rude, especially about the Midlands thread. 

I personally am still undecided as to whether I will see much snow. 

Clear blue sky and lovely sun today.

I think it could be touch and go. I'm quite close to you in Melton so we'll have to see!

• Like 1

Posted

Tuesday depends on how quickly the cold air gets into the front. 

Thursday depends on how far north the front gets.

Would be typical if this area missed out on both. I'm sure the model thread would be full of joy though, as most of them live in the south and us missing out means they see more snow.