Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

looks very good this, snow chances Tues night/wed am, all about luck though and wind direction, probably end up going to Shrews/Telf as usual

hgt500-1000.png

Also may see a low pressure system (slider) coming into the cold air around Wednesday/Thursday. GFSP shows a nice snow even for the south and the Midlands. Shame it’s bound to chance a dozen or so times between now and then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, MattStoke said:

Also may see a low pressure system (slider) coming into the cold air around Wednesday/Thursday. GFSP shows a nice snow even for the south and the Midlands. Shame it’s bound to chance a dozen or so times between now and then.

will change like mad, we need it tracking along the M4, 06Z is improvement on 00, but not as good as yesterdays 12Z and 18

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

Sod bloody off in the South Midlands. They had their share last year. Our turn in Stoke this year lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Next week looking wet rather than white so far. However, the low hasn’t even formed yet so that could change a lot between now and then. Plus, lows are always weakened closer to verification, rather than strengthened. 

Dont get any hopes up. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Next week looking wet rather than white so far. However, the low hasn’t even formed yet so that could change a lot between now and then. Plus, lows are always weakened closer to verification, rather than strengthened. 

Dont get any hopes up. 

Still snowy on the GFSP, but not really reaching the North Midlands. However, definitely Cheshire Gap streamer territory early next week.

Posted

18Z not great though for Cheshire Gap snow, winds direct W'ly, Stockport in for a pasting, Welsh mountains in the way for most

gfs-0-96.png?18gfs-0-114.png?18

Posted
29 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

18Z not great though for Cheshire Gap snow, winds direct W'ly, Stockport in for a pasting, Welsh mountains in the way for most

gfs-0-96.png?18gfs-0-114.png?18

Winds are north westerly to north-north westerly at the 850hpa level. Precipitation charts give about 2 days of persistent snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
18 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Hey everyone! How are we all?

I'm currently residing in Gibraltar at the moment due to a change of job. I miss the fact that I'll never have a chance of seeing snow here  It usually stays around 14-20c, even during the Winter! I'm only planning on staying here until July though. Hoping to be back in good old England by then 

Has there been much snow around? I have been trying to keep a track of things weather wise over there. I know it snowed a bit in some places earlier on in the week. My mum reported a dusting in Leicester! Having looked at the models, it does look like there will be another shot at snow next week for you guys

Hi lovely - well that was quite a change of job - sunny Gib huh? 

You’ll be back, it’s no place for a snow lover

Posted
11 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office and BBC going for rain turning to snow across the Midlands on Tuesday as that low moves in.

So confused about next week bbc have my area (coventry) on tuesday being rain to snow and then next thursday snow all day.. but checking the model thread every low is going to far south or to far north??

Posted
4 minutes ago, shezale said:

So confused about next week bbc have my area (coventry) on tuesday being rain to snow and then next thursday snow all day.. but checking the model thread every low is going to far south or to far north??

Computer models are a complete mess next week. Snow possible almost anywhere but predicting where and when looks impossible at the moment.

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Computer models are a complete mess next week. Snow possible almost anywhere but predicting where and when looks impossible at the moment.

Guess so but over the years in my own experience these lows generally don't make it that far north of the m4 maybe touching the Gloucester area but lets hope we are in a good postion this time!

Posted

Going purely on netweather updated forecast 40cm snow next week for here... know next week is up in the air... will probably revert to 4cm  off to football ⚽️ in a bit..hopefully not too wet through by games end...

Posted
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Going purely on netweather updated forecast 40cm snow next week for here... know next week is up in the air... will probably revert to 4cm  off to football ⚽️ in a bit..hopefully not too wet through by games end...

4cms, havin' a laugh, you'll get a dumping, we all know it, high ground rules, low ground drools

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

10 day for Walsall and wouldn't mind a bit of this, YUM!!! 

Capture cold spell with snow.PNG

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Sparkiee storm said:

10 day for Walsall and wouldn't mind a bit of this, YUM!!! 

Capture cold spell with snow.PNG

That will upgrade ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
2 hours ago, nobble said:

That will upgrade ??

I agree, these last minute upgrades are the best too, unlike last weekends disappointment, this time we have upgrades

Looks like the Midlands will be a great area to be in this week for us coldies .

Posted
20 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Met Office and BBC going for rain turning to snow across the Midlands on Tuesday as that low moves in.

cool if it's like this! heaviest daytime snow I think I've seen after rain, few cms after this, need more of an open low

archives-1998-1-5-0-0.pngarchives-1998-1-5-12-0.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, shezale said:

So hows things looking for us in the midlands fot tuesday and thursday??

My guess is wintry mix Tuesday, same as last Tues, very icy Wednesday, Thurs up in the air, but looking snowy

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

My guess is wintry mix Tuesday, same as last Tues, very icy Wednesday, Thurs up in the air, but looking snowy

Oh no would hate a repeat of last tuesday cold wet rain truly the worst winter weather

• Like 1

Posted

Back edge snow tonight? I know it’s only these phone forecasts aren’t very accurate 

FB9FD88B-024B-4FBF-B1A4-78A81D67D744.png