Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just seen the Midlands today map, showed a wide area of the Midlands pepped in showers later on in the night and so did the national weather stating the Midlands will see snow showers, the only thing I can think is as the trough moves south it peps up the showers incoming off the Irish Sea ....don’t shoot me if it doesn’t happen, I’m just the messenger :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

North west discussion has settling snow from the shower just north of Stoke.Moderate falls in places.Hopefully Derby could be in with a chance tonight as we’ve had nothing over the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
39 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Doesn’t look westerly to me, it’s defo moved south but maybe not enough pep to make it in roads.

The sliding trough a little further North is more for the east if you asked me

971D89C9-4067-48FB-98F4-D1D9D4E055EC.thumb.png.59133715b4991eb1f027754a1405b891.png

Think its looking okish, but only time will tell,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
8 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Think its looking okish, but only time will tell,

Expanding now and defo heading into the Midlands,  startng to look very interesting and that’s without looking further north.

9B9DA7AC-C7DD-4F3D-8BEB-CDB1A4DDA9CE.thumb.png.aa200d761e6fbc62222e9d3b56a7c4de.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
9 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Expanding now and defo heading into the Midlands,  startng to look very interesting and that’s without looking further north.

9B9DA7AC-C7DD-4F3D-8BEB-CDB1A4DDA9CE.thumb.png.aa200d761e6fbc62222e9d3b56a7c4de.png

Yeah its clear now, looks like a lot of places will be seeing another pleasant surprise tonight, and also looks like more of the East of the region will have some tonight too .

• Like 1

Posted

Dusting with dandruff then 20 minutes huge flakes all landing and definable.... covered a small layer on patio after that melted where sun got to today... have icicles out back...

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A thin covering of snow here that's just fallen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
10 hours ago, MattStoke said:

I live not far at all from Trentham and I only had a dusting, but more than the area around my work in Stoke town centre. I often notice a change in the amount of snow over very small distances in Stoke.

If Trentham had quite a bit, then it shows how close by the showers were skimming to my south. I’m only about 2 and a half miles from Trentham.

Yeah its all down to altitude a lot but also I guess the narrow band skimmed to the south. Appears we may have had some slushy deposits as I slid out my estate this morning thinking it was just raining!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Next week is looking intresting for Snow chances from Monday onwards. Mild day tomoz and Sat then bk to cold.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like it fizzled out by the time it got here. 

Back to normal with it being relatively mild compared to recent days tomorrow. 

Looking at the forecast it looks like Monday is looking to be the next chance of seeing anything wintery, though it looks cold and dry at the minute. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like we will be in with a shout again of some marginal snowfall next week. Let's hope we stay on the colder side this time. 

Until it's within T24 don't get excited or hung up on models and take all snowfall models with a huge pinch of salt - as we saw from the EURO 4 just a couple of days back - they perform awfully.

Posted
1 minute ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Looks like we will be in with a shout again of some marginal snowfall next week. Let's hope we stay on the colder side this time. 

Until it's within T24 don't get excited or hung up on models and take all snowfall models with a huge pinch of salt - as we saw from the EURO 4 just a couple of days back - they perform awfully.

I’ll be keeping a close eye on the upper level wind direction this time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
24 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I’ll be keeping a close eye on the upper level wind direction this time

Let's hope its more favourable at the right time of day pal. In a true Cheshire gap effect that gives me snow, my showers go right over your head and Stoke in general. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Let's hope its more favourable at the right time of day pal. In a true Cheshire gap effect that gives me snow, my showers go right over your head and Stoke in general. 

Happened a few times last winter. Snow showers all night, while surrounding areas missed out. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Not much sign of anything long lasting. Even last winter snow struggled to stay for more than a day.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Just been out to the bin ,

last patches of snow now almost gone , hung around quiet impressively . For s tame nw event !! Here’s to more next week 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hey everyone! How are we all?

I'm currently residing in Gibraltar at the moment due to a change of job. I miss the fact that I'll never have a chance of seeing snow here  It usually stays around 14-20c, even during the Winter! I'm only planning on staying here until July though. Hoping to be back in good old England by then 

Has there been much snow around? I have been trying to keep a track of things weather wise over there. I know it snowed a bit in some places earlier on in the week. My mum reported a dusting in Leicester! Having looked at the models, it does look like there will be another shot at snow next week for you guys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Hey everyone! How are we all?

I'm currently residing in Gibraltar at the moment due to a change of job. I miss the fact that I'll never have a chance of seeing snow here  It usually stays around 14-20c, even during the Winter! I'm only planning on staying here until July though. Hoping to be back in good old England by then 

Has there been much snow around? I have been trying to keep a track of things weather wise over there. I know it snowed a bit in some places earlier on in the week. My mum reported a dusting in Leicester! Having looked at the models, it does look like there will be another shot at snow next week for you guys

probably more chance than here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks very good this, snow chances Tues night/wed am, all about luck though and wind direction, probably end up going to Shrews/Telf as usual

hgt500-1000.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
On 23/01/2019 at 16:41, BleakMidwinter said:

Ah.

You ever thought of moving to Telford?

All taken this morning on the mile walk home from Sainsbury's... 

IMG_9379.JPG

IMG_9386.JPG

IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

IMG_9405.JPG

We have only just moved up from Surrey which has been pretty bereft of the white stuff in recent years. I think it's just me. If I moved to the North Pole global warming would suddenly increase!!!