Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
10 hours ago, Josh Rubio said:

Is there any chance of further wintery showers today or is it just a purely cold and dry day? 

Looks like it will be cold, dry and sunny all day today, but there may be a spell of rain, sleet and possibly snow later on tonight/early next morning! ❄️

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Looks like next week and maybe even this weekend may bring the opportunity for further wintriness. Although, after the way yesterday went, it's probably best I keep my expectations low 

certainly chances, but no more than dustings, temporary coverings at best, no proper strong heights oop norf, lows cannot undercut

Jan too early really, still better chances Feb to Apr

Posted
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

certainly chances, but no more than dustings, temporary coverings at best, no proper strong heights oop norf, lows cannot undercut

Jan too early really, still better chances Feb to Apr

Shame really. The dusting that we did get last night isn't melting much because the sun is still weak but once past February its more difficult to get longer lasting snow covering.

If we could get some spells like December 2017, which also lacked northern blocking, that would be pretty good. Those north westerlies can be awesome here when the wind direction is just right. Just wasn't the case last night.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Feels freezing out and about today 

clear cold crisp air gentle breeze 

a nice winters day 

Posted

Out in the garden half an hour ago...cant believe how mild  it felt in the sun .  Shame so many icey patches on the pavements as wouldve been nice to go for a walk, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
7 hours ago, Storme said:

As you can see by this car windscreen, a few, and I stress, a few flakes did fall here.

20190123_084702.jpg

Ah.

You ever thought of moving to Telford?

All taken this morning on the mile walk home from Sainsbury's... 

IMG_9379.JPG

IMG_9386.JPG

IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

IMG_9405.JPG

• Like 5

Posted

Telford is very bad, always snows and Shrewsbury, snow capital of the W Midlands

still snow here, not thawed out of sun, milder though tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
4 hours ago, Sweatyman said:

well we had this hideous amount in south brum..

20190123_084838.jpg

It ent much better here lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Weird distribution of snow today I noticed. Little north of Hanley, virtually none on the A500 and then Trentham had quite a bit.

Then it was spoardic in nature until Stafford where it looked deeper and then on the M6 down to around the M54 there was a nice coating. And at Quinton there was none!

Oh and just been to Brown Edge (10 mins away but into the Moorlands) and there's a lovely sugar coating of snow (the sort that doesn't cause an issue on roads and pavements but looks great on the heather moors)

Edited by RobR

Posted
3 minutes ago, RobR said:

Weird distribution of snow today I noticed. Little north of Hanley, virtually none on the A500 and then Trentham had quite a bit.

Then it was spoardic in nature until Stafford where it looked deeper and then on the M6 down to around the M54 there was a nice coating. And at Quinton there was none!

Oh and just been to Brown Edge (10 mins away but into the Moorlands) and there's a lovely sugar coating of snow (the sort that doesn't cause an issue on roads and pavements but looks great on the heather moors)

many marginal days like this, saw cars some with just ice on, some with smattering of snow, some with thick snow on

Posted
1 hour ago, RobR said:

I live not far at all from Trentham and I only had a dusting, but more than the area around my work in Stoke town centre. I often notice a change in the amount of snow over very small distances in Stoke.

If Trentham had quite a bit, then it shows how close by the showers were skimming to my south. I’m only about 2 and a half miles from Trentham.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Wonder if that precipitation currently in the North will give us some snow later as the MO said it is going to drift south over the region with some rain, sleet and Hill Snow possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi all, woke up to a dusting this morning and max-out today at 2.1c and the ice and snow in shaded areas stayed all day, 

Dropped very sharply when I got home 0.3c at 5pm.

Don’t be surprised to see a few wintry showers overnight.

One to keep an eye...Saturday into Sunday, more Sunday though, it’s all about timing as a cold northerly sets in.

I know most would like a Narnia landscape atm and trust me I’m still in hope of that, but we could be in a Zonal South Westerly and that’s no good to anyone.

For me I seen my first Snowfall of the Winter yesterday evening...Happy Days.

Currently, clear skies and a very sharp frost....-1.4c :cold: 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Wonder if that precipitation currently in the North will give us some snow later as the MO said it is going to drift south over the region with some rain, sleet and Hill Snow possible.

Yes my eyes are firmly on it 

5799FE5A-C22D-4ED6-A05B-FFEF32552757.thumb.png.15f5e42e556ef2620078d3e15b7ca661.png

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

5799FE5A-C22D-4ED6-A05B-FFEF32552757.thumb.png.15f5e42e556ef2620078d3e15b7ca661.png

Hmm interesting and also seems to be falling as snow across the north!!temps are widely below freezing for england wales all the way up to scotland aswell!!current temp here is -3 dew point -3!

• Like 2

Posted

?? For more snow tonight

i would be happy with snow showers like last night every fortnight throughout winter late November to early March ..,, be much better than one big event ! 

Unless it’s a two week event

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, shaky said:

Hmm interesting and also seems to be falling as snow across the north!!temps are widely below freezing for england wales all the way up to scotland aswell!!current temp here is -3 dew point -3!

Maybe even better for the east of our region, shush don’t tell anyone

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, shaky said:

Looks a larger area than last nights. Big showers so who knows 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
18 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

I was looping it and it is heading towards us too, the area in the Irish sea is the main one im watching

Posted
35 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

I was looping it and it is heading towards us too, the area in the Irish sea is the main one im watching

Doesn’t look westerly to me, it’s defo moved south but maybe not enough pep to make it in roads.

The sliding trough a little further North is more for the east if you asked me

971D89C9-4067-48FB-98F4-D1D9D4E055EC.thumb.png.59133715b4991eb1f027754a1405b891.png

• Like 1