Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
7 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Didn’t you only move up here last year though? We were extremely spoilt last year. With what felt like event after event, it’s not normally like that! Haha. It’s ironic, I was only speaking to someone the other day about just how underated last winter was. I do think Feb’s SSW and last winter in general setting the bar high is partly to blame for the wild ups and downs (even more so than normal) in the MOD thread.

May these NW winds bring you snow tonight anyway, will enhance my chances too haha!

2016 I moved up here. Used to date a girl from up here and every time I visited in winter it was snowing. 

London’s winters really are appalling. Remember many winters where a patchy dusting was the event of the winter and many where there wasn’t a single frost never mind a flake of snow. I love Stoke’s winter climate by comparison.

Jeez. It’s agonising watching these showers slowly approach on the radar, expecting the next radar update to show them dying out, fragmenting or changing direction.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

2016 I moved up here. Used to date a girl from up here and every time I visited in winter it was snowing. 

London’s winters really are appalling. Remember many winters where a patchy dusting was the event of the winter and many where there wasn’t a single frost never mind a flake of snow. I love Stoke’s winter climate by comparison.

Jeez. It’s agonising watching these showers slowly approach on the radar, expecting the next radar update to show them dying out, fragmenting or changing direction.

dying out, but missing to the SW anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
4 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Abotts Salford, the back of Salford hall, how about you?

Nice hotel there. I moved down here 20 years ago. I was bought up in that area, went to school in eveashum lived in stow for awhile and remember the snow in 91 

Posted

Photo from my sister in Watford. Got to laugh. I never saw snow from a north westerly in all the years I lived down that way. Now they have more snow than I do in the north West Midlands.

F6CAD6FE-1337-4629-81B3-1DC6EC89219E.jpeg

Edited by MattStoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

There is a whole cluster of showers developing in what looks like quite a wide area so you just never no, even mattstoke might get a bit 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
16 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Nice hotel there. I moved down here 20 years ago. I was bought up in that area, went to school in eveashum lived in stow for awhile and remember the snow in 91 

Iv got a barber shop in stow! How funny. You stil live nearby ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Iv got a barber shop in stow! How funny. You stil live nearby ?

I’m in Mudeford Bournemouth. Not great for snow but a beautiful part of the world

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
16 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

There is a whole cluster of showers developing in what looks like quite a wide area so you just never no, even mattstoke might get a bit 

As you put it, it’s quite big and holding it’s own, but winds are light so whether it’’ll make it will be seen, hopefully it’ll be white everywhere come morning.

F88DBD46-AE8F-457B-A861-C2F0456ADC63.thumb.png.0829e1bf14e120e151cd14587e121cc2.pngE7FDAAB2-7D2D-4309-8884-A203AC81A0D5.thumb.png.4f30ce0cf1d51506f98cdf3ca6c8f4ac.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, That ECM said:

I’m in Mudeford Bournemouth. Not great for snow but a beautiful part of the world

Bournemouth is a very nice place but yeah think snow is a deffo no no down there lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Struggling to pass the M54, it'll be white over by the morning - from an icy frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Thursday next week onwards looks very interesting, IF the pattern remains in it's similar shape.

Posted
2 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Thursday next week onwards looks very interesting, IF the pattern remains in it's similar shape.

No point even looking that far ahead it’s all just a waste of time. Mods change more than my pants tbh

Guest Delete Me
4 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

We'll get to day 3-5 again and get hit by a HP or return to zonal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
2 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hi Fizz, while I’m awaiting the big blob to make it down this way, I thought I would ask you, how did the windows go.....I was always a round fan myself, whoops! showing my age now 

7A21B563-E6D4-4B05-87F6-BF96C459523B.thumb.png.01d249206bb1064f225f9a83308c6953.png

Lol, you want to worry, I remember Bill and Ben...

So, yes, the last window was going in as the sleet started, perfect timing. Was hoping to test out their efficiency in blizzard conditions, but guess that’s not to be for now... Sigh.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, PolarWarsaw said:

Few flakes falling here. Got my eye on a shower just to the west of Stoke @MattStoke are you north or south stoke? 

Radar woken back up a little.

South Stoke. Its headed straight for me, looks quite strong and is very close but I still wouldn't be surprised if it dies out. Should know in the next 20 minutes.

Posted

Actually, the remnants of the previous shower that tried desperately to disappear as it reached me is giving some light snow. Fortunately, the ground is so cold that it's settling easily.

Posted
1 minute ago, Paul Faulkner said:

We'll get to day 3-5 again and get hit by a HP or return to zonal

Yes i know, but it has been showing these signs for a few days now, i know waiting until the 3/4 day zone is best, but if similar signs are still there after the weekend then then a few more on here may become a little more interested.

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Actually, the remnants of the previous shower that tried desperately to disappear as it reached me is giving some light snow. Fortunately, the ground is so cold that it's settling easily.

It actually looks like you’ve got quite a bit coming to you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
11 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Lol, you want to worry, I remember Bill and Ben...

So, yes, the last window was going in as the sleet started, perfect timing. Was hoping to test out their efficiency in blizzard conditions, but guess that’s not to be for now... Sigh.

This would certainly test the effectiveness of you new windows.....just for fun for the 2nd day of Feb :cold:

91521B11-B0A5-402C-949D-5451135250D1.thumb.png.4f54369960bb02a52d8123f9650a3fe8.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

It actually looks like you’ve got quite a bit coming to you

IF that showers keeps up intensity as it approaches. Given how the other showers have behaved, I’m not confident. Should know soon though. Might be this or nothing. No other showers following this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
9 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

IF that showers keeps up intensity as it approaches. Given how the other showers have behaved, I’m not confident. Should know soon though. Might be this or nothing. No other showers following this one.

Yep, keeping my eye on it! Share please, haha. It’s got another 25 miles to go to get to me. 

Posted

Coming down quite heavy here now, first decent fall of the day, still less than a cm covering though.

Edited by DIS1970
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Yep, keeping my eye on it! Share please, haha. It’s got another 25 miles to go to get to me. 

It’s trying desperately to veer away to my south at the last moment. I’m just catching the edge, with light snow falling.

Euro4 model still showing the risk of snow here in the early hours.

081CE819-A3A2-48A7-B9B0-6CEBC8FD2FDA.jpeg

CB914E0C-9F71-4330-97D6-AEAB186750E7.jpeg