Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Anything up your way?

Lol he lives in a basin now so if anything forms it breaks up around the sink to give clear sky or if anything does fall it’s pure drizzle  

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
42 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Had pretty much given up - nothing expected on the forecasts. But come back to find heavy snow forecast by BBC app, an optimistic DWW, and now I’m seeing little white bits falling from the sky.

Game back on

Hi Fizz, while I’m awaiting the big blob to make it down this way, I thought I would ask you, how did the windows go.....I was always a round fan myself, whoops! showing my age now 

7A21B563-E6D4-4B05-87F6-BF96C459523B.thumb.png.01d249206bb1064f225f9a83308c6953.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
6 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Lol he lives in a basin now so if anything forms it breaks up around the sink to give clear sky or if anything does fall it’s pure drizzle  

Like Alvechurch Mark do remember him asking me every day in school in winter is it going to snow today mr morgan lol I never got it wrong back then impressed he is still as obsessed with snow 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

next lot heading in maybe Cannock as the NE limit,

Just going to skim me to the West I think

Posted
52 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Gutting.

7FAAB1F3-8210-473C-AA7B-8AA439C22D84.jpeg

Cheer up mate I've lived in Stoke for 48 years and only remember 2 decent recent snow events and they were both 1995 and yet I always have hope. Lol

Edited by Andypvfc
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, beefy201 said:

Like Alvechurch Mark do remember him asking me every day in school in winter is it going to snow today mr morgan lol I never got it wrong back then impressed he is still as obsessed with snow 

Yeah Alvechurch is about as bad as redditch unfortunately for snow but Shaun lives in real low ground, it destroys him when I get snow up here and he gets nought, I secretly play on it lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

What are the odds on this patch fragmenting like the last one, fairly high for a guess, it'll just run out of energy and moisture.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well here in Stratford we have had rain and then rain and then sleety rain lol. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Andypvfc said:

Cheer up mate I've lived in Stoke for 48 years and only remember 2 decent recent snow events and they were both 1995 and yet I always have hope. Lol

To be fair, I’ve only been up here two and a half years but I’ve seen more snowfalls than I saw in 30 years in London. London’s winters are absolutely dreadful, so what I consider a decent snowfall is nothing compared to what people from Stoke do. Stoke is like Narnia in comparison to London. A few cm of snow tonight (which I felt really confident we’d see) would have been a proper snow event in my books. 

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Ironically now Matt has given up  showers appearing between lpool and Preston  ideal for stoke area if they make it 

and Stafford, 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Ironically now Matt has given up  showers appearing between lpool and Preston  ideal for stoke area if they make it 

If they don’t hear me talking about them, they might not die before reaching me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
15 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Yeah Alvechurch is about as bad as redditch unfortunately for snow but Shaun lives in real low ground, it destroys him when I get snow up here and he gets nought, I secretly play on it lol

Mark and Mr Morgan (first name sir!?)

Redditch and alvechurch does a lot better than where I am now (5 miles north of evashum)but last year everywhere did well so if we get a deep cold spell it will stil affect, but won't be hear for ever, trying to find a hill to move to lol 

Posted
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Mark and Mr Morgan (first name sir!?)

Redditch and alvechurch does a lot better than where I am now (5 miles north of evashum)but last year everywhere did well so if we get a deep cold spell it will stil affect, but won't be hear for ever, trying to find a hill to move to lol 

It’s Mr Morgan to you ..... nah Keith mate I did mention on the mad (mod) thread and still belive we are in for a special winter this year plenty of cold and snow blasts to come think we will all be looking forward to spring by the end of March ... watch this space 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Snows deep! Just let the dog out and had to send him up the step ladder to get to the garden. He said he may be some time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer
56 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Anything up your way?

No mate i live just north of evashum now very low ground gutted big time!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Evesham fool

Posted

Unfortunately they do seem to be on the fizzle so as it stands there ent going to be much making it I don’t think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
41 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

To be fair, I’ve only been up here two and a half years but I’ve seen more snowfalls than I saw in 30 years in London. London’s winters are absolutely dreadful, so what I consider a decent snowfall is nothing compared to what people from Stoke do. Stoke is like Narnia in comparison to London. A few cm of snow tonight (which I felt really confident we’d see) would have been a proper snow event in my books. 

I only moved from Solihull so we had our fair share of deep snow over the years but what is nice living slightly higher up in Stoke is that marginal events are usually on the right said.

That does mean I have seen snow and lying snow every years in 11 years of being here and generally at least one event of 5cm or more.

However the real deep stuff has missed us time and time again, 2017 being a prime example when the West Midlands got dumped on in parts. But for all there 1 foot events every 10 years, we get several smaller events each winter, so have to take the rough with smooth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
15 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Evesham fool

Nothing wrong with the sham

Posted
1 hour ago, MattStoke said:

North Westerlies don’t normally let me down. It’s funny watching the showers move SSE in a WNW wind.

Didn’t you only move up here last year though? We were extremely spoilt last year. With what felt like event after event, it’s not normally like that! Haha. It’s ironic, I was only speaking to someone the other day about just how underated last winter was. I do think Feb’s SSW and last winter in general setting the bar high is partly to blame for the wild ups and downs (even more so than normal) in the MOD thread.

May these NW winds bring you snow tonight anyway, will enhance my chances too haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
18 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Right conditions and get some very low tempts. Bidford?

Posted
2 minutes ago, That ECM said:

Right conditions and get some very low tempts. Bidford?

Abotts Salford, the back of Salford hall, how about you?

• Like 1