Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

No snow in the Burton area, just rain.

people used to say it was the powerstations of  willington/Drakelow nr Burton, Castle Donnington, and Ratcliffe on Soar that raised the air temperatures, all but one of those have long gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow. https://www.tamworthweather.co.uk

Snowing currently in Tamworth

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just had some of the largest snowflakes I can ever remember seeing in Rugeley. Turned the grass a bit slushy. Everything about today has been timed poorly. 

A lull for a few hours would be great. Let things ice up and then go again. As it is, any slush that just formed is now a puddle already.

Posted
1 hour ago, AppleUK 123 said:

What a nice way to say goodbye to your house, is the snow thawing?

It's thawed a bit. Started coming down really heavy again as I type.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
1 minute ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Coming down very heavy now with big flakes.

image.jpg

Hopefully the wind will blow it in my direction 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
1 minute ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

image.thumb.jpg.ac5ab3baa6a81b464092c50c939bd0a8.jpg

As WP just mentioned a lovely blob to the NW heading our way, I’m hoping it’ll start steering a little more to a north westerly, then I may get what your getting a this present moment :oldgood:

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

next lot miss here to the SW. Telford again, going to get it all

Mentioned about an hour ago, the next 2 hours or so, someone between Birmingham, Wolverhampton and those northern Birmingham suburbs are going to get a good covering. That shower is huge.

Could see an hour ago that the axis for the shower building was heading perfectly for that. Judging by radar, that will be the biggest snow dropping shower of the night. 

Radar’s dead behind it.

Latest EURO 4 puts us just east of the main zone. Feel for those in the East Midlands that haven’t seen a flake. Appears to be all she wrote for them and most likely for us too. But that area has been reduced and dragged too far west now.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

Hopefully the wind will blow it in my direction 

My thughts 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Mentioned about an hour ago, the next 2 hours or so, someone between Birmingham, Wolverhampton and those northern Birmingham suburbs are going to get a good covering. That shower is huge.

Could see an hour ago that the axis for the shower building was heading perfectly for that. Judging by radar, that will be the biggest snow dropping shower of the night. 

Radar’s dead behind it.

Latest EURO 4 puts us just east of the main zone. Feel for those in the East Midlands that haven’t seen a flake. Appears to be all she wrote for them and most likely for us too. 

Aye, somewhere will get a wallop, might be Cannock, and areas just to the south and west, winds for here look perhaps too northerly

as far as radar being dead though, don't showers form over the sea? 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
9 minutes ago, Josh Rubio said:

I fear most of us in the east of the region will miss out as it is heading too much in a SE direction. 

I think we should campaign for an East Midlands thread lol

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Aye, somewhere will get a wallop, might be Cannock, and areas just to the south and west, winds for here look perhaps too northerly

Yes we need WNW winds, NW winds for some reason tend to see our showers slide down a few miles to the west but smash Dudley, Wolverhampton etc.

These Cheshire gap effects are exciting because it means we are in play. However, I can remember perhaps, 3 maybe 4 over achieving, solid events, that left more than a sprinkle. 1 being last February, 1 Christmas 2004. So whilst they are exciting, they are more often a miss than a hit for the North Central Midlands.

Just so happens that today’s PPN all arrived at the worst possible time, IE the middle of the day. Will keep on radar watching but have seen enough of these (we get at least 1 attempt every single winter) to be understanding that I won’t wake up to a covering let alone measurable snow tomorrow and despite being somewhat premature, this will be another of those events that keeps my feet firmly planted whenever I read the words ‘Cheshire gap effect’ 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Storme said:

I think we should campaign for an East Midlands thread lol

Wouldn’t bother.....they’ll be nobody there LOL....Sorry, I haven’t seen a flake myself yet!!! :search:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

we need the temperature to drop a bit more , to stop the moderate thawing.

temps here 1.2'c and dew point -1.5'c 

moderate snow here now

• Like 1