Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

can't agree with first PS!, unless uppers support snow, let's have it dry

Do you ever shower or bathe mate? You seem to be particularly against harmless water droplets falling from the sky! 

Just playing! 

2018 was VERY dry and should winter continue in this vein then we will be struggling big time in summer with a drought on our hands, there will be plenty wishing for rain then! Overall though, it's nothing to do with that. Endless dry days with no actual WEATHER grew boring in about...June! So let's have some active weather if we can't get snow in - the weather is after all, what we are all on this forum for!

Good health to you mate.

Edited by PolarWarsaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

did you used to be called Summer Sun? I know, we all like different weather types, mine is dry, all year round, but if temps support snow, then dry is boring agree there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Haha. Yeah

84A755E1-F793-44E9-8104-02BF1F6B298E.jpeg

8A76BA30-A89F-4270-9282-178D7D7F470C.jpeg

image.thumb.png.7a3be5cbd2230ed4037c72a905751bf8.png    I'm sure I can wait for a few more days :help:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

did you used to be called Summer Sun? I know, we all like different weather types, mine is dry, all year round, but if temps support snow, then dry is boring agree there

No mate - I only post during the winter times, but a few faces will remember me! To jog your memory, I live in Rugeley! You may remember me under my old username, Radders.  I was only playing in fairness, I just want some weather to chase - endless days of dry and still weather do nothing for me, I find summer painfully boring unless we have big storms to play with. None of that this year!

I can see @MattStoke is still around - does @Staffordshire still post?

Edited by PolarWarsaw
  • Like 1

Posted

I know, was just a SS style post, SS posted in media thread from bbc weather, not great really, not much snow for our area, according to that

because of the change to our winters over last 20 years or so, I actually prefer Summer, not keen on rain, Atlantic air, bit of frost, then more rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Enough snow In Stoke to cripple the roads. Gridlock all over the city for 1cm

Posted
15 minutes ago, RobR said:

Enough snow In Stoke to cripple the roads. Gridlock all over the city for 1cm

image.png.28478cba63c7fcb0ccdce180cfcf15b5.png

Edit, can’t make its mind up, back to sleet and wet snow ⛄️ 

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some proper big flakes now!

Posted
37 minutes ago, shaky said:

Dew points negative widely across the midlands still!!far west startin to turn positive!!dew point here is -1 temp 1/2!

Looks like we’re a bit too far East as everything has been skirting past us to the West all day but hopefully that will change as the night progresses. 

That band of precipitation coming up from the SW may actually go over us giving a few surprises. 

Posted

All we've had in the last 2 days is loads of nasty cold rain, it's funny looking at the  Netweather radar how the red and green turns to blue as soon as it reaches Shropshire, except over the highest parts, then goes back to red and green further east. It's not like we're dodging all the heavy stuff here either, it just won't turn wintry. Snowline seems to be 200m lower everywhere else.

To be honest we did very well last winter, and I'd rather have it dry and frosty than get loads of non-sticking stuff (especially if other places nearby get a covering)- but 18th January and still no snow this winter quarter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

So I went to bed last night with big flakes coming down and a good covering although a little slushy in places to then wake up to.....

you guessed it a completely wet floor with no evidence at all of snow lol and a doom n gloom model discussion 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just over 10cm of lying snow here with the snow yesterday evening much heavier ( at times ) than forecast and not dying out until the early hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
2 hours ago, markw2680 said:

So I went to bed last night with big flakes coming down and a good covering although a little slushy in places to then wake up to.....

you guessed it a completely wet floor with no evidence at all of snow lol and a doom n gloom model discussion 

Yh not a good day so far weather wise. At least it can only get better now. Tuesday looks like a decent chance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
2 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Just over 10cm of lying snow here with the snow yesterday evening much heavier ( at times ) than forecast and not dying out until the early hours.

In no way jealous lol. Tuesday you will get buried

• Like 1

Posted

Onto Tuesday for the next chance of snow then. Possible backedge snow from a frontal system coming in from the north west. Then wintry showers following in a north west flow.

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of dodging of toys being thrown in the MOD thread today yet we're not even in February yet; and down in the far south (Poole) last March we had two snow events in March (each had ice days too). Winter is far from over. Plenty of time still for us all to see some snow.

Simple fact is....some people are bloody impatient and behave like spoilt brats when things don't turn out how the way they want it to. The weather is going to do whatever it bloody well wishes and will always be one step ahead of humanity!..

Posted
3 hours ago, markw2680 said:

welcome to the modern Eera, not like when I was a bairn!

good I've seen some snow, white over for around 30 minutes, not bad effort for 2019, Tue to Thur next week chances too, then milder from the west, then back to snow chasing in FI

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Snow started here with big flakes, Still 100% snow cover here.IMG_20190119_095931.thumb.jpg.61746c5c105c599ffa09cf0003b83ccb.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, markw2680 said:

Hi Mark, Just the usual, ‘its just one more run doom team showing themselfs again’ this isn’t directed at you at all, but if you read posters that clearly have intellectual understanding, wisdom and judgement of the output......there would’nt be any doom n gloom in the model thread things are still very rosey for cold and snow.....I’m so, so much looking forward to this weeks wintry weather and what it about to bring us.