Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tuesday, decent event away from Staffs and Shrops, could snow all day S/SE of the region, 5-10 cms possible

here will be perhaps hour of back edge snow 7am ish, after lots of rain

My thoughts only, I think the warm sector will be squeezed out and they’ll be hardly any rain, lots more snow than rain.   ☔️ ??????  but then again it’s 4 to 5 days away.....GOD that sounds great :yahoo:......NOT the usual 10 daya output ?

2A716611-BF45-43E0-9718-47F4239EE617.thumb.png.b3aa8f07361928942aeda5128765e6ca.png

36 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Also the 12z GFS is showing  ❄️ Heavy Snow ❄️ for next Tuesday, we’ll virtually all the models are showing the same in a fashion, even Mr Murr in the Model thread has stated that the West Midlands ATM could be a prime spot....I’ve got a feeling our thread will be busy ??????? :oldgrin:

D67A0150-E879-4BD3-970A-ECD9579822B0.thumb.png.e1e0c41db9cd84bc2f9999726a7ca74f.png2E592AF2-22CD-4207-B9FB-5F9B22DAFE7A.thumb.png.814f014711aed2cc71592d616dfa46ae.png

It's heavy precipitation as well so should accumulate quickly even if it will be wet snow

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

It's heavy precipitation as well so should accumulate quickly even if it will be wet snow

Agreed WW123....Also after we could see heavy snow showers incoming from a cold strong N/W wind :cold:

but we'll see.... all looks good ATM :oldsmile:

image.thumb.png.f1568d507b3df2158aebce6d74b9c04c.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Obviously keeping a serious eye on next week, though if the warm sector is going to be anywhere it'll be right over my house.

Glorious winter's day today, though. Had some spare time so went for a nice long walk. Always good seeing the magic 20,000 steps on the pedometer -- I don't get that too often! Fantastic clear, cold air and almost unbroken sunshine. Max only 4.5 °C but who cares, it was lovely. If only this day had arrived before the rain yesterday had turned the side paths to mud slicks. Ah well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
6 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Also the 12z GFS is showing  ❄️ Heavy Snow ❄️ for next Tuesday, we’ll virtually all the models are showing the same in a fashion, even Mr Murr in the Model thread has stated that the West Midlands ATM could be a prime spot....I’ve got a feeling our thread will be busy ??????? :oldgrin:

D67A0150-E879-4BD3-970A-ECD9579822B0.thumb.png.e1e0c41db9cd84bc2f9999726a7ca74f.png2E592AF2-22CD-4207-B9FB-5F9B22DAFE7A.thumb.png.814f014711aed2cc71592d616dfa46ae.png

So, remember when I said a few weeks back that we were bound to have a blizzard on 17th January because we were having some windows replaced?

So, I was wrong huh?

Um, the fitters didn’t come today after all. They’ve rescheduled for.... you guessed it... Tuesday 22nd Jan

Posted
4 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

So, remember when I said a few weeks back that we were bound to have a blizzard on 17th January because we were having some windows replaced?

So, I was wrong huh?

Um, the fitters didn’t come today after all. They’ve rescheduled for.... you guessed it... Tuesday 22nd Jan

No way!!! you couldn’t write it fizz:cold-emoji:

Blimey!!! it’ll be just tad cold in you abode with the windows out and the house opened to the elements :cold: 

I wish you well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Feel underwhelmed by this current cold spell unless you live on top of a mountain there is no meaningful snow predicted. Met and BBC gave us around 3c and sleet and rain all the way to next Thursday. But in the Mod thread they think it will be Narnia its very confusing. I think cold spell but nothing exceptional and cant see any proper snow falling. Off to Buxton next Tuesday for my Snow fix. Still nice having crisp and cold to walk the dog.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
30 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Feel underwhelmed by this current cold spell unless you live on top of a mountain there is no meaningful snow predicted. Met and BBC gave us around 3c and sleet and rain all the way to next Thursday. But in the Mod thread they think it will be Narnia its very confusing. I think cold spell but nothing exceptional and cant see any proper snow falling. Off to Buxton next Tuesday for my Snow fix. Still nice having crisp and cold to walk the dog.

Do you not think the forecasts just generalise? They can’t get it right for the same day let alone week away. Yes it does get a bit Narnia in the mods at times but just focus on getting cold here then there will be suprises 

Posted
1 minute ago, markw2680 said:

Do you not think the forecasts just generalise? They can’t get it right for the same day let alone week away. Yes it does get a bit Narnia in the mods at times but just focus on getting cold here then there will be suprises 

Yh i know they can chop and change at an instant. But just a bit disappointing at current projections. Possible Sleet later from mid afternoon but I know it could still go either way. I think Feb could be the month where it gets really special and snowy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins
53 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Mate, this cold spell could eclipse anything we've seen for twenty years... just like pulling teeth to get there.

I expected nothing but rain today, and at least there is leading edge.. now if would just anchor up a bit we might be in business.

Edited by Skyraker

Posted
22 minutes ago, Skyraker said:

Mate, this cold spell could eclipse anything we've seen for twenty years... just like pulling teeth to get there.

I expected nothing but rain today, and at least there is leading edge.. now if would just anchor up a bit we might be in business.

Do you think it will still be snow if it gets here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Virgins
Just now, snowangel32 said:

Do you think it will still be snow if it gets here.

Yeah, but i'm trying to work out if it will turn to rain, it's not terribly heavy so we cant rely on evaporative cooling so much.

Either way it's a bonus shot.

Posted
1 minute ago, Skyraker said:

Yeah, but i'm trying to work out if it will turn to rain, it's not terribly heavy so we cant rely on evaporative cooling so much.

Either way it's a bonus shot.

Yh evaporative cooling would happen if it was heavy so let's hope it dosent die out an reaches us after dark will help it being all snow.

Posted

-4c overnight currently -2c...hard frost overnight, snow still in places sun didn’t reach yesterday....hoping for a little more than a dusting...will keep an eye on the sky later... if models are to be believed south of Peak District could do well out of today...I think it’ll be persistence of precip rather than intensity...we shall see...now casting and uncertainty what makes the weather interesting and sometimes frustrating 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Think anywhere around here especially with any height could get snow today and tonight. Not a lot but some

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
9 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

No way!!! you couldn’t write it fizz

Blimey!!! it’ll be just tad cold in you abode with the windows out and the house opened to the elements  

I wish you well

Lol, thanks.

its only the glass (sealed units) out of 5 windows they’re supposed to be doing, but if Tuesday’s GFS forecast happens I will be finding out what my sofa looks like decorated with snow I think....

hey ho, life’s an adventure

• Like 1

Guest Delete Me

Snow forecast from 12pm here in Stoke, mix of snow > sleet > snow and then rain as milder air pushes in.

Tuesday looks to have had an upgrade from the BBC, now heavy snower showers for the area from the early hours.

Posted

Definition of uncertainty lol.

1045371290_Screenshot_20190118-105447_MetOffice.thumb.jpg.b37c9fe31512ad5f608c4d087b6e18c7.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Snow since 9.30am. Started dry now wet, roads wet, fields white. Very thin cover. Nothing to get exited about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A few tiny flakes here and there now here in Bewdley. Barely noticeable, but still the first falling snow of the winter for me!