Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
6 minutes ago, shaky said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the arpege!!its a massive upgrade for the whole of the midlands!!stays as snow pretty much all the way through especially the east midlands!!wonder if thats the reason why the met office have extended warnings south!!

Infact it gives mose of the midlands close to 10cms lol!!

To add I also see the 12Z AROME is an upgrade compared to 0Z AROME. Having said that the ICON shows no wintry precip at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
12 minutes ago, shaky said:

Surprised no one has mentioned the arpege!!its a massive upgrade for the whole of the midlands!!stays as snow pretty much all the way through especially the east midlands!!wonder if thats the reason why the met office have extended warnings south!!

Ironic Shaky Met now say rain all the way through.

• Thanks 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Ironic Shaky Met now say rain all the way through.

Could come down to nowcasting!them and the bbc have been saying rain for days now but lets see what happens!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, shaky said:

Could come down to nowcasting!them and the bbc have been saying rain for days now but lets see what happens!

Just looked at the Arpege and like you say the snow line is way more South and the mids could see some snow if it is correct. Met say rain, bbc say sleet. Who knows lol.

• Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Just looked at the Arpege and like you say the snow line is way more South and the mids could see some snow if it is correct. Met say rain, bbc say sleet. Who knows lol.

Yup arpege is a big surprise especially cos it has upgraded at such short notice!!if we see anything like it i shall be more than happy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 hours ago, shaky said:

Yes the euro 4 has changed  12z looks a bit messy though.

Meto has a yellow warning across us all for snow and ice but the BBC and the meto graffiti/graphics just shows rain still to play for if you asked me

C955D0DB-6F96-44E5-BF27-A033AC533ECC.thumb.png.e871a6c5b357d2f81a9046e663344c1a.png13B321EB-0A75-4321-BFA0-C77AA0E45A0B.thumb.png.303cb23a004f84b3f4151e94f8a6cdbe.png

Dont know where you get 10cm lol!

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
49 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Yes the euro 4 has changed  12z looks a bit messy though.

Meto has a yellow warning across us all for snow and ice but the BBC and the meto graffiti/graphics just shows rain still to play for if you asked me

C955D0DB-6F96-44E5-BF27-A033AC533ECC.thumb.png.e871a6c5b357d2f81a9046e663344c1a.png13B321EB-0A75-4321-BFA0-C77AA0E45A0B.thumb.png.303cb23a004f84b3f4151e94f8a6cdbe.png

Dont know where you get 10cm lol!

That is a big change on the euro4 buddy wasnt showing anything at all this morning!!arpege was the model showing close to 10cms!!bit generous i think!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Don’t think I’ve ever seen 0c and sleet on the BBC weather app... I know one thing, I’ll have to dig out the ice stakes if that’s the case......⛸⛸

This so called freezing rain could be a big problem, the cars are staying on the drive for sure as bumper cars at the fair ground could be a wide spread thing.

C6EF9254-70E6-4C89-A344-E1C12A4D867E.thumb.png.546d7bef84c52c20379db1f6e298ff1a.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Freezing rain early on here as expected.ice everywhere strong bitter SE winds.

Today is going to be in the memory books for a lot of places further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

No-one else up yet?

This board’s awfully quiet considering we have got snow forecast today....

I’ve got 9 hours forecast on TWO (lol), to a bit of sleet forecast by the MetO

Entertaining as usual

Posted

So all the models show snow for the Mids but MET and BBC say all Rain now. Its currently 1.5C. I cant see it snowing today we seem just on the wrong side of Marginal but hope i am wrong. Buxton i think could do well today.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
3 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

No-one else up yet?

This board’s awfully quiet considering we have got snow forecast today....

I’ve got 9 hours forecast on TWO (lol), to a bit of sleet forecast by the MetO

Entertaining as usual

The key point here is where the front becomes occluded. On aparge you can see above in this page that by 5pm the front is occluded north of the channel, on other models this is further north.

Posted
50 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

The key point here is where the front becomes occluded. On aparge you can see above in this page that by 5pm the front is occluded north of the channel, on other models this is further north.

So where is that triple point currently

Posted

Proper rain no sign of any sleet even and its 0.3c and freezing and very windy march 2006 when snow turned to freezing rain later on then.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
15 minutes ago, shaky said:

So where is that triple point currently

Not on radar properly yet.

We should be able to see it around 12 according to forecasts and it should be progressively south as the day goes on.

• Thanks 1

Posted

We had a bit of light sleet here. Now bone dry. Looks like the front is further south than predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
1 minute ago, snowangel32 said:

We had a bit of light sleet here. Now bone dry. Looks like the front is further south than predicted.

How do you know thst the front is further south as all I see on the radar is precip moving slowly west to east, and it being further south is a good thing? Thanks Snowangel32.

Posted

well struggling with met office forecast, shows 5 hours off heavy snow here, but currently 2.5c

can see big possibilty of freezing rain, so echos others views if that happens (the cars stopping on the drive !)

last time we had that here it was chaos, as others have eluded to, all roads were closed for over 2 hours, we did live in a hilly area, the schools shut, it was pretty rough

we had two people who fell and broke their arm in the car park, it was like a skating rink, but clear glass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well it is raining here in Alvechurch bit surprised when local weather station is showing 0.5 c with a dew point of -0.8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
10 minutes ago, beefy201 said:

Well it is raining here in Alvechurch bit surprised when local weather station is showing 0.5 c with a dew point of -0.8

There's a layer of warmer air above the surface cold air so any snow falling through it melts and falls as rain