Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Wind picking up here. Chilly too.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
59 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Yesterday's rainfall total of 74.3 mm was the largest on record here ( since 1977) in September, beating 71.4 mm on the 14th in 1994. It was also  the third largest daily total for any month.

Yes TM a very wet day indeed, Gusts touching 60mph to with some big trees down in the fields around me.

Posted

14mm in Evesham yesterday, making it the 2nd wettest day of the year (after 15mm on 25th May).    Month's total now up to 19.1mm

Posted

Shawbury 52mm in 24 hours to 7am, that's a lot for round here. Pretty sure it's the wettest day round Shrewsbury since 13 May 2007 (when Preston Montford got 79mm), as for Shawbury which only got 40-something that day I'll have to look what I can find....

Another notable event in the 12 months beginning Dec 2017 then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Have had one or two odd showers this afternoon. Not sure if there are any more to come (not looked at radar), though (sadly) don’t think any of the ones that occurred here had hail in them. 

I admit I find hail more exciting than just plain rain. Same with sleet! 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

4.4'c here this morning in town. I bet it will be nearer to 2'c in the park where I work

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Minimum of 2.8C (ground frost)  here this morning.

Current at 5.1C

MIA 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

I recorded a minimum of +0.7C here overnight.

Frost on roofs (including cars) and the grass.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

First day I've had to pull the wide-open window nearly-closed because the room felt cold! And our bedside drinks tasted cold this morning too... 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Very warm last night and today. Lovely blue skies.Wind has really started to pick up now. 

20180927_182648.jpg

20180927_182927.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Hello I thought I should introduce myself. I am Steve Hopley and mainly write weather forecasts for the Cannock Chase, Trent Valley and surrounding area. I have a Facebook account Cannock Chase Weather, Twitter cannockchasewx and my own webpage ...www.cannockchaseweather.co.uk . I also write weather reports for the local radio station Cannock Chase Radio. I upgraded my weather station from the Davis Vue to Davis vantage Pro 2 with WiFidata logger. Looking forward to reading your ideas for this area.  

cannock.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
On 01/10/2018 at 09:29, Cannock Chase Weather said:

Hello I thought I should introduce myself. I am Steve Hopley and mainly write weather forecasts for the Cannock Chase, Trent Valley and surrounding area. I have a Facebook account Cannock Chase Weather, Twitter cannockchasewx and my own webpage ...www.cannockchaseweather.co.uk . I also write weather reports for the local radio station Cannock Chase Radio. I upgraded my weather station from the Davis Vue to Davis vantage Pro 2 with WiFidata logger. Looking forward to reading your ideas for this area.  

cannock.png

I'm originally from Norton Canes myself before moving south to take up a meteorologist position, small world!

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi all, In looking at the 12z GFS this forthcoming Saturday is looking decidedly cool, even cold :cold:

With rain more or less start to finish throughout the day, I can safely say it's  :bad: 

image.thumb.png.2246f485c0403d8fc9df45b26c4e2a5a.pngCapture.thumb.PNG.7654066bbbb4d0a588147455e09d24ac.PNG

It's looking like after a cold start, Sunday is much better 8)

image.thumb.png.05ab68e4f168793b157c402463cb0419.pngimage.thumb.png.1c81a127ba7d7c2a3c13d168c246ccce.png

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
On 21/09/2018 at 10:10, Terminal Moraine said:

Yesterday's rainfall total of 74.3 mm was the largest on record here ( since 1977) in September, beating 71.4 mm on the 14th in 1994. It was also  the third largest daily total for any month.

My wettest September day too TM, 44.6mm here, though records only back to 2006.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

First air frost of the season last night: min -0.2 °C. Coming after the first day of the season not to reach double figures (max 9.7 °C), though today has been a vast improvement. Not that much warmer (12.1 °C) but no rain and heaps of sunshine.

Still as clear as mud for the end of the coming week. I've got a long weekend (Fri-Mon) with friends, so I fully expect the very wet, very windy options to be the ones that come to pass. Looks like I may be starting my break just as the weather falls apart!

Posted

A lovely Autumnal morning here with a cloud inversion below me and the sun starting to burn through just now.

Temp currently 8.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A maximum of 20.0c today here, made it the warmest October day, after the 7th, since 1978 .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Lovely day today, after a chilly start. Max of 21.4 °C and cloudless blue skies throughout. Probably the last truly summery day this year. The raw temperature figures may not be far off for the next few days, but it's certainly going to feel very different with the rain and wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
On 12/10/2018 at 13:28, MattStoke said:

The first wintry charts beginning to show. Hoping for a great winter ahead ⛄️ 

A65389C1-490C-4E37-AEC9-FEDAD36ED711.jpeg

All us so called coldes are with you on that one, but until then you wouldn’t believe it’s mid October.

4F27869A-7838-4F2B-9F3F-8303F99EF2E7.thumb.png.790864b7789d2a97d237475718d52f05.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1