Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Starting to get blustery here now, Not long until the rain arrives and we need it as the Roaches are on fire..

FB_IMG_1534002390078.thumb.jpg.639f88691b85715d3183995381acfd6f.jpg

(Credit BBC)

The rain we have down here is quite heavy,  hope it makes it’s way to you PM, also that band just West of Wales would certainly help to sort out that big problem they have up there (Roaches) ??

9F80CD7B-F805-4BF9-A0D2-2DC7505B1801.thumb.png.de56e5bfea9ff01170355dd56c297a5e.pngAA8D3EDD-B1C8-4127-ACD7-AAD0AA2E7D1D.thumb.png.fe61cc18b157a3f4905b0e842df679ec.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Somebody`s getting a huge downpour just east of here could of been thundery,could see dark clouds building earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
13 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Somebody`s getting a huge downpour just east of here could of been thundery,could see dark clouds building earlier

Somebody is to the west of here, can see anvils

Posted

Safe to say I think that summer proper is over, 25+ days, Wed/Thu potentially very wet, then just westerly, cloudy,windy at 20 degrees

Posted

Day after day of boring, dreary weather now. People were actually rejoicing at the arrival of this weather. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, MattStoke said:

Day after day of boring, dreary weather now. People were actually rejoicing at the arrival of this weather. Unbelievable. 

going to get worse, Summer's gone, wet day likely on Thursday, and another wet Sunday, then wet next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A reasonable day today, if very cloudy and a bit muggy for the most part. Made it to 23 °C in some brief spells of sunshine. August does seem to have produced the summer's least summery month yet again -- it's almost nailed on these days -- but it's not a disaster and in some years the last week or so would be considered quite decent. I know I'd have bitten your hand off for this in 2012!

Not going to worry about anything beyond 3-4 days out just yet. Too much still to be decided, and I wouldn't be surprised if we continued with similar weather to now rather than anything amazing or terrible.

Edited by Arctic Hare
thoughts on next week

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A light shower blowing through just now, Temp 17.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

We have quite a breeze. Nice. Cool for sleeping.

Posted
5 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Sunshine! Loads of it after days of depressing gloom. Why could we not have had this since the heatwave broke down, it's basically the same airmass. Can August redeem itself?

August will not redeem its self, looking quite cold from Thursday evening, more especially Sat/Sun

autumn here from Thurs, temporary maybe as early Sept looking better

Posted

A much cooler fresher day with blustery winds and showers blowing through, Temp 9.5c

Posted

Very heavy prolonged shower here passing, Not had rain like this for a long while! Temp 11c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Pretty autumnal here today. Cool and overcast with frequent showers and precious little sunshine. Max a mere 16.9 °C, and it's down to 12.5 °C now. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a summery August? For the most part, they seem to be a thing of the past now. Hoping for some better weather in September -- I'm not quite ready to flip into winter mode just yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
2 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Pretty autumnal here today. Cool and overcast with frequent showers and precious little sunshine. Max a mere 16.9 °C, and it's down to 12.5 °C now. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a summery August? For the most part, they seem to be a thing of the past now. Hoping for some better weather in September -- I'm not quite ready to flip into winter mode just yet!

This to me is classic August as we well know. I always feel September and even October these days offer better weather and it can be a nice round-off to any Summer we have had.

Certainly feels cool today but the showers have been impressive. 

Posted

Rains just starting to push in here at my location. Temp 9.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

A very wet day today, but am surprised how muggy and warm it is now the rain's passed through! 16.5'C at the mo. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Only the second completely sunless day of the summer today, also the wettest day since July 13th with 18.6 mm up to 1700 g.m.t. Very cool around late morning and midday with the temperature  reading  9.0c at 1129 g.m.t.

Yesterday finally took down the white tarps from the outsides of the windows (involving ladders and dangerous manoeuvres) that helped to keep house cool in the brutal temps as assumed thought the heat was over, but oh no!  'Three months of heatwave starting in September', blasts the Cambridge Evening news - with temps back up to the 30's...https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/what-indian-summer-heatwave-cambridge-15080569 Just when I'd given up thoughts of moving to Orkney  

Posted

Today seemed the first day in some time that the sun felt 'warm'. Quite cool now after dark but earlier it was like a throwback to July.

Posted

A stunner today, murky early on but cloud burnt off and the heat returns. Lovely!