Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

much needed rain hope we get a bit mor tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

To all that’s quoted regarding the rain ☔ It’s been horrid, vile, awful what ever you want to call it but the best weekend going for my gardens....Job done   

For now an emproving week ahead and by the end of the week and into the weekend it’ll be Hot again, just in time for a little time off work and the big out doors’ ....can’t be bad ☀️

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

It's been a nice few days. The ground has had a good drink. We have all been able to sleep and my 300 mile journey to pick up my chickens won't be in excessive heat. 

Took some gorgeous pics this evening.

20180730_204948.jpg

20180730_204926.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

I picked up the chickens yesterday. The heat difference down south was noticeable. 

Posted

A few breaks here and there but the Southeast and Eastern England are clearly doing better than most regarding sunshine.

6D26306D-B201-4A8A-BB91-0A27E0DE35E5.thumb.png.4c6bd91db3660f0bf75328b319383729.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Brum looking like a rank cloudfest thurs and fri then ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Sweatyman said:

Brum looking like a rank cloudfest thurs and fri then ?

Southerly breeze I always find dull here, bbc going for no sun thur and fri

Posted

I meant to put this up last night. Sunset clouds here. Looked like rain could be about.

20180801_200611.jpg

Edited by Storme

Posted
2 hours ago, Sweatyman said:

Thick yucky cloud. Load of rubbish

Not bad here winds more westerly rather than southerly, but next Tues could be the last day of summer

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Not bad here winds more westerly rather than southerly, but next Tues could be the last day of summer

Are there runs showing this?

Posted
2 hours ago, Storme said:

Are there runs showing this?

Ay, all of 'em, uk trough, southerly tracking jet

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Ay, all of 'em, uk trough, southerly tracking jet

Gonna get a bit chilly then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Rain I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad

Edited by Sweatyman

Posted

nothing like what was forecast, now trying to rain wtf? today was meant to be sunny and hot i thought

Posted

Turning into a normal summer now, 31 and sunny in London and rain in Birmingham...we’ve had a good run though 

Posted

Off to East Kirkby tomorrow. 25 forecast. Taking hat and factor 50. I do not like sitting in the sun for hours on end.

Posted
On 04/08/2018 at 00:40, Storme said:

Off to East Kirkby tomorrow. 25 forecast. Taking hat and factor 50. I do not like sitting in the sun for hours on end.

Agreed, a hat & sunscreen goes a long way,  even though we’ve a few days of variable cloud cover, the sun still burns as I’ve seen with my own eyes out in the big outdoors camping ⛺ You see people when the suns out smother themselfs in sunscreen but never when there’s variable high cloud ⛅ and because of this I’ve seen few lobsters I can tell ya :blink2:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
12 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Agreed, a hat & sunscreen goes a long way,  even though we’ve a few days of variable cloud cover, the sun still burns as I’ve seen with my own eyes out in the big outdoors camping ⛺ You see people when the suns out smother themselfs in sunscreen but never when there’s variable high cloud ⛅ and because of this I’ve seen few lobsters I can tell ya 

I saw a very fair skinned child yesterday who was lobster red with typical clothing strap marks. Her mother suddenly said she should put sun cream on to stop her burning. Bit late me thinks. 

Anyhow, spent a good 15 minutes applying my factor 50 to face, neck and arms, wore long sleeves and a hat and wore a light scarf which covered my neck and shoulders. My OH's mum wore one to an air show last summer to stop her neck burning and I have to say it was a bloody good idea!

I agree. People forget high cloud still let's the sun in. I have worn high SPF suncream for decades because I hated being sunburnt in 1976. 

No idea of the temp in East Kirkby yesterday but it was burning hot. Today was very hot with almost cloudless blue skies. Oregon clock currently reads 26.6 degrees. Gonna be an uncomfortable night again.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

rubbish morning, that Cheshire Gap

Good grief! The cloud Will break, it's already started to here. So miserable all the time.