Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
4 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Blimey, thundering here and yet more torrential rain 

Bish

Yep Bish..

I can hear it rumbling from here.

Good news though from me..

I have has about an hour of moderate rain and it finished with 5 mins of heavy stuff which had the water running down the road.

Although the nice one hit you, there are still other possibilities around. I am  getting hopeful!

Fingers crossed.

Its looking as if the showers are actually 'ganging' together.

MIA

• Like 1

Posted

Had a good thunderstorm in Evesham about 3.30pm - first thunder I have heard since April!

If models are right, tomorrow may match my wettest day of the year so far!

Posted
58 minutes ago, Snowycat said:

All very disappointing so far.  Earlier today we had heavy/torrential rain forecast for Penn in Wolverhampton - where did that go then   

"Apps" should never be relied upon in showery conditions - no model can ever predict exactly where a shower will fall.   They should only be interpreted as a likelihood of showers "in the vicinity" which may or may not fall on your location :) 

Should see some decent frontal rain tomorrow though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
10 minutes ago, Essan said:

Should see some decent frontal rain tomorrow though

Thanks.....and hope so    just had a further blink and you've missed it heavy shower.... sun out again now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

roll on Wednesday, weatherwise!

UKMO  looks great for Friday, as does GFS, bring it on!

Modele UKMO - Carte prévisionsgfs-0-144.png?12

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I was in Worcester today. Cool, breezy and pleasant in the morning and early afternoon, with a little light rain feeling quite refreshing.

Then after 4pm the real rain started. I was out in it at around 4:45 (catching a train, so couldn't wait) and it was ferocious, with rain bouncing off the pavements and frequent thunder. About a five-minute walk from the café I was in to the station, and I was utterly soaked through by the end. The heaviest rain I've experienced since a brief downpour on 16 June, and before that probably late April.

Max (at home) today 19.4 °C; it's been a long time since I haven't even made it to 20!

One more day of this tomorrow, then I think I'll be ready for things to settle down again!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

I was in Worcester today. Cool, breezy and pleasant in the morning and early afternoon, with a little light rain feeling quite refreshing.

Then after 4pm the real rain started. I was out in it at around 4:45 (catching a train, so couldn't wait) and it was ferocious, with rain bouncing off the pavements and frequent thunder. About a five-minute walk from the café I was in to the station, and I was utterly soaked through by the end. The heaviest rain I've experienced since a brief downpour on 16 June, and before that probably late April.

Max (at home) today 19.4 °C; it's been a long time since I haven't even made it to 20!

One more day of this tomorrow, then I think I'll be ready for things to settle down again!

Another Dave, gosh many of them around Stafford at least, but bring on settled weather, EC coming out hope its good for me (settled,warm) 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Interesting what has happened to the temps today.

Not sure about overnight, but my first reading was about 09:00 when I recorded 18.9C.

Since then it has dropped and during the really heavy shower it fell to 13.1C. It is now at 14.1C. Will it rise if the sun comes out again, this evening ?

Yesterday pm (and certainly Thursday),  we were over double that.

I went around closing the windows, but the wife has just opened them again. Very strange things happen to the brain which are caused by climate change apparently!! .

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan
30 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Interesting what has happened to the temps today.

Not sure about overnight, but my first reading was about 09:00 when I recorded 18.9C.

Since then it has dropped and during the really heavy shower it fell to 13.1C. It is now at 14.1C. Will it rise if the sun comes out again, this evening ?

It certainly didn't here... because it's hammering down again! I don't think we've made it above 14 °C since I got home about an hour ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

at last we have much needed rain the garden were bone dry no thunder and lightning with this rain though as I type this it is absolutely bucketing it down.

Edited by syed2878

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
5 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

EC! what a great chart

ECM1-168.GIF?28-0

Oh no I am going to an airshow on Saturday and an outdoor event on Sunday. Factor 50 for me then.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate sometimes heavy persistent rain here today with blustery winds and low cloud, A much fresher temp of 12.2c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
2 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Moderate sometimes heavy persistent rain here today with blustery winds and low cloud, A much fresher temp of 12.2c.

Yes, P.M, a morning worthy of late October here too with moderate-heavy rain,a f5-6 SE wind and fog above 300 m. Wore full waterproofs for the first time in weeks to take the readings on the moor this morning.

• Like 4

Posted

Light to moderate rain here this morning. I have measured 9.2mms in the last 24 hours, so some useful rainfall for the garden.

Lawn just looks dark brown, though I think I can see some green shoots!

Temperature at 14.8C. Wind SE fresh.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

This weather is so refreshing. Even the dog is happy. It's great for the parched Earth and all the wildlife seeking some water and respite.

The more I read about the weekend, the more I don't think I want to be out in it. Looking a bit hot for me. 

Posted

Blissful conditions this morning. I don't think I've ever been happier to see cold, driving rain falling as I have this weekend!

That peculiar gulping noise you might hear in the distance is the sound of my garden enjoying its first proper drink in two months :good:

8.50 mm so far already today, to go on top of the 7.75 mm from yesterday.

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

One more day of this trash and then back to normal thankfully.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

11mm of rain - grass is greening up nicely with this and the other decent rainfalls we've had in the last couple of weeks. More importantly it will help the firefighters deal with the wildfires up the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen.

• Like 1

Posted
18 hours ago, Snowycat said:

Thanks.....and hope so    just had a further blink and you've missed it heavy shower.... sun out again now 

Sadly I was wrong (here anyway) - just 1mm today from patchy drizzle.   At least the washing is drying nicely in the breeze :D 

My month's total is now up to 9mm, most of which fell in yesterday's thunderstorm.  And it looks like that's it for a couple more weeks at least ....    Means I am still in partial drought (ave of no more than 0.25mm/day) from the start of June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
3 hours ago, Essan said:

Sadly I was wrong (here anyway) - just 1mm today from patchy drizzle.   At least the washing is drying nicely in the breeze  

My month's total is now up to 9mm, most of which fell in yesterday's thunderstorm.  And it looks like that's it for a couple more weeks at least ....    Means I am still in partial drought (ave of no more than 0.25mm/day) from the start of June.

We had a fair amount of rain here this morning but nothing biblical. Although we do need a great deal more to really help the gardens etc recover from the recent drought what rain we thankfully had will certainly help the gardens along especially with another hot spell looming on the horizon.  It wasn't enough to top my pond up so I'm having to use (treated) tap water to get it back up to its normal level.  It was really cool in the howling wind this morning but its noticeably more muggy this afternoon since the wind has dropped.   The wind buffeted the apple tree somewhat and some apples have fallen prematurely but at least my beans stayed upright  

Posted

Yet more torrential rain at the moment......we're now up to approx 13mm for the day so far, on top of the 7.75mm measured yesterday.

Bish

Posted

Well after all that, just had a massive 8.3mm from the cold front ...... totally unexpected, but very welcome indeed!

• Like 1