Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

All cells have moved on to the northeast

2D36EE5A-FC51-4BFE-B929-69167D1D6927.thumb.png.20af67d2c2464574b0134ad54ca98a33.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Still plenty of uncertainty regarding any storms hitting us come tomorrow but for now it’s hot hot hot still

765C6030-6D2B-4D7D-993D-EE97DD866C8B.thumb.png.1e9838c23b7ce5e2819a7cb7f0ff3593.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Big clap of thunder and a 10 minute downpour, then a smaller clap of thunder East of Luga. Dog went crazy but air is a tad cooler. Bedroom Oregon clock says 27.7 and sunny clouds.

I had been watching that cell for a few hours since it came off of France. I thought it had veered East but it actually grew just before it hit us. 

Lovely cool breeze now.

Edited by Storme

Posted

Shawbury made it! 30.4 given as the max on both Ogimet and Roger Brugge's page. Seems to have happened quite late in the day (between 5-6pm). Met office had 29.2 three hours running, I wondered if it had sneaked above in between as it certainly felt 30C+ here.

Well done 2018!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A few flashes of lightning and a couple of rumbles of thunder to the east of here in the last 20 minutes. Somewhere towards Alfreton/ Ripley by the look of it.

Posted

Reached around 30’C here. Hottest day of the year so far, but cooler than my family in London have seen on many days this summer

4AD29D01-B5FB-403C-9417-061B95C63B21.jpeg

2B930070-6A5E-4C9F-A15A-6778238AC491.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers
41 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

A few flashes of lightning and a couple of rumbles of thunder to the east of here in the last 20 minutes. Somewhere towards Alfreton/ Ripley by the look of it.

Yes two flashes here in Denby with two good cracks of thunder and around 1 minutes worth of heavy rain.The sky is clear again now.Still very humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just had the dog bark and saw lightning. There is a very active cell going up across Oakham towards Grantham. Luckily we are quite high here so had a nice, quite unobstructed view. Heard a couple of rumbles but saw a lovely light show. As virtually no thunder heard, the dog wasn't creating merry hell which is a rare treat.

Room temp 25.1 and uncomfortable.

Posted

Well I can hear a lot of crashes but Im not sure if its thunder or the binmen.

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry if my poor joke scared everyone off.

Currently 30C here with sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Slightly to my surprise, a max of 28.9 °C today. Doesn't even make the top three for the spell (I've had three maxes between 29.2 °C and 29.4 °C, but nothing higher) but still a little higher than I was expecting. More sun than yesterday, which probably helped.

Not going to be seeing a temperature like that for a while! (Mind you, "a while" could be quite short, depending on how August pans out.)

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Several sources say we were 30 degrees today. I fell asleep and have woken wondering what happened to the lump of ppn that was coming up from the south. Well it fragmented and stuff with rain drifted slightly East. It is STILL 29.6 in the bedroom with just my a grey/white cloudy and sunny sky outside. 

Accuweather just gave me warning for heavy rain but it's passing by here again. Feel a little cheated. ☹️

Edited by Storme

Posted

I stand corrected. OH said we had 4 minutes of heavy rain which has all evaporated!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Nothing here yet not had a spot of rain, shouldn't be long now looking at the radar..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Got excited then - thought I could hear a rumble in the distance...

Turned out to be a plane. Sigh.

• Like 1

Posted

Got dark. Had light rain for about 3 minutes. It's tantalising criminal teasing us like this.

Posted

We have had a little light rain which has made it very muggy and horrible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

First rain properly in months and it smells so good! Drought well and truly finished here. Not sure how long the grass will turn green though again!

Posted
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

hot spell goes out with a whimper

Same here, sadly.