Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Rain in the air. Such a lovely start at 5am too. Just driven from 28c in Birmingham to 21c in Stoke and feeling noticeably fresher.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Big black cloud drifting over us but no sign of precipitation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Temp down to 21C now here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

The BBC app is showing an afternoon of thunderstorms for us on Friday. Fingers crossed! Love a thunderstorm ⛈

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!
1 hour ago, fizz511 said:

The BBC app is showing an afternoon of thunderstorms for us on Friday. Fingers crossed! Love a thunderstorm ⛈

I love them but my dog goes crazy. But I am happy we might get some.

Anyone have any news on suspected temps next week? I have a 300 mile round trip to pick up my 4 pet chickens next Tuesday. I have an airconned car but I have a 3hr drive with them. 

All precautions are being taken and I am being advised by a person who breeds and shows and I won't be stopping unless it's for traffic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Very pleasant day today. 25.4 °C max, lots of (sometimes hazy) sunshine, not too humid. Tomorrow may be a different story! I'll forgive it if it gets me to 30 °C, as no other day looks likely to do that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Very pleasant day today. 25.4 °C max, lots of (sometimes hazy) sunshine, not too humid. Tomorrow may be a different story! I'll forgive it if it gets me to 30 °C, as no other day looks likely to do that.

Ay, these are my preferred summer days, tomorrow going to be hell, Sat and Sun hell too

Posted

The farmers are going crazy trying to get the hay in today. I guess they suspect rain will occur on Friday and the crops may be ruined.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold
1 hour ago, Storme said:

The farmers are going crazy trying to get the hay in today. I guess they suspect rain will occur on Friday and the crops may be ruined.

Well they wanted the bleedin rain!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Hoping to get to 30c or above tomorrow. Be disappointed if not. Today was pleasant but can feel the humidity tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Unfortunately I think we are going to be too far west for any storms, hoping I’m wrong though as they could be pretty decent

• Like 1

Posted

Pleasant cool breeze tonight. Not personally looking forward to tomorrow's heat but I think Accuweather are predicting around 29 but we shall see what the day brings.

Please be careful and safe. Keep hydrated and sun cream up if you have to go outside.

Posted

Yes this is indoors, but this is uncomfortable at this time of the morning.

20180726_053412.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looks like once Friday is over the heat (only 27/29C, Met Office and BBC forecast locally) may not return - looking at the latest GFS output, except maybe in the south and east of the country, so nothing exceptional here, not even any storms, looking like the heat will die rather limply.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Well this dull rubbish ain't gonna let temps go up much

Posted

23.9C, but turning cloudier, today was meant to be the sunny day, now it's Friday.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

22.3 °C  here and almost complete cloud cover, albeit high stuff. It's been warmer at 10:20am this month alone, so things will have to improve quickly if I'm to get anywhere near 30 °C this afternoon. Looking at the radar, though, there does seem to be heaps of sunshine not many miles to the west in Shropshire, so I hope some of it gets here soon!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Currently 22.7c here and cloudy, Very muggy today.

Posted

West Mids conurbation been issued with a Thunderstorm warning, though that is only for the eastern fringes of it, still annoying when Wolverhampton is still included in that warning, when the BBC and Met Office website has hardly any rain mentioned let alone storms here.

Posted

Well bbc prediction for today has gone from 31C yesterday to 28C this morning. What a load of rubbish. Also I dont see where all this torrential rain lasting all day is going to come from in 10 minutes according to the met office seeing as its mostly sunny right now. Has the low moved in about a day faster than expected or something? Huge downgrade on temps and weather (if these predictions turn out to be correct, which I doubt).

Edited by Snowy L

Posted

28.6°C here, pretty impressive considering the amount of hazy cloud, although we have had some longer spells of sunshine as well.

Looks like the East and North of the region are the places to be re potential thunderstorms later today, although anywhere is in with a chance - good luck everyone! :good:

Bish

• Like 1