Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

We have rain for the first time in 24 days. Actually looks surreal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Black skies came and went without precipitation. Rain Alarm Pro says it should be lashing it down.

It isn't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Ooh just had a brief light shower, less than 5 mins. Was nice while it lasted.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

So, on we go with the dry spell. Now looking unlikely there'll be any measurable rain until Monday at the earliest -- which would be exactly one month since the last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Not even one spot here....

Nothing since the bid storm here either.

MIA

Posted

A friend in Loughborough had noted, due to keeping and allotment, we have had no rain here since 24th May. 7 weeks. The few spots today have done nothing. 

Breeze is nice and cool as per last night. Oregon clock says 18.6 degrees C and a forecast of rain. I have never known this clock to forecast rain so many times, yet we get nothing. I know it's not highly scientific, but in over 20 years it has almost never been wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The first real rain here yesterday evening since the night of June 7th/8th which is 35 days of dry weather. Some heavy rainfall that caused some temporary flooding on the roads but no thunder or lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Slightly disappointing morning here. 100% cloud cover right now, though it is fairly bright and I'm hopeful for some sunny breaks later. Not even close to as sunny as suggested by last night's BBC forecast, though. Warm enough, though -- hovering around 20 °C.

Edited by Arctic Hare
  • Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Slightly disappointing morning here. 100% cloud cover right now, though it is fairly bright and I'm hopeful for some sunny breaks later. Not even close to as sunny as suggested by last night's BBC forecast, though. Warm enough, though -- hovering around 20 °C.

Taking a look at sat24 you are extremely unlucky to be under what looks like the only patch of cloud across england lol!!here in leicester we have finally started the morning on a sunny note after days of low cloud coming in from the north sea!!i feel your pain buddy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We started today with mist, unsurprising after the rainfall yesterday. Sun has just come out, feeling humid.

Posted

Supposedly 22C at the moment but feels much warmer than that with this humidity.

Posted

24c can see us pushing 27-28c this afternoon... fire pit ready to be lit, ribs/chicken marinating for 24hrs, beer/wine chilled... rain from yesterday making grass look greener already.... 

Posted

Was out in the Vale of Belvoir yesterday. Tinder dry out that way. Hot and later humid. First night for a while it was extremely uncomfortable sleeping and had the fan on highest speed. 

Cool breeze coming through the SW facing windows, but I can feel the heat building already.

Accuweather predicts 27 degrees C with a real feel of 28. Says the odd shower tomorrow. I expect that to change by the end of the day. Thank fully I am at home today so don't have to go out in the heat. 

We seriously need rain.

Edited by Storme
  • Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, Storme said:

Was out in the Vale of Belvoir yesterday. Tinder dry out that way. Hot and later humid. First night for a while it was extremely uncomfortable sleeping and had the fan on highest speed. 

I have to admit to never having heard of the Vale of Belvoir before - judging by a quick Google Images search, a very beautiful area indeed :good:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

I have to admit to never having heard of the Vale of Belvoir before - judging by a quick Google Images search, a very beautiful area indeed :good:

Bish

Yes it is Bish. We were at a flower show at the castle, OH had a stand there both days. He said the heat was relentless today. 

Pics from yesterday.

20180714_125239.jpg

20180714_170050.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Small bit of mackerel sky above us this morning. Pic not great. Usually I read this as some rain within 24hrs. However, with current weather conditions I won't hold my breath.

I guess it's just a case of 'watch this space'. 

20180716_063420.jpg

Posted

Allegedly the storm forecast has us down in the area likely to get them and flood. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Looks like the band of rain is struggling to get hear

• Like 1

Posted

Jesus!!just had a look at the gfs ensemble graph and the precipitation line has completely flatlined nearly till the end of the run!!mad stuff!!another couple of weeks of this hot and sunny weather and i will officialy say that this will be my greatest summer ever!!!it already is up there with one of the best!!

Posted

Plenty of wet stuff heading into the region from the SW right now. But, as with last week, will it keep its intensity or just fizzle away into nothing?

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
23 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Plenty of wet stuff heading into the region from the SW right now. But, as with last week, will it keep its intensity or just fizzle away into nothing?

Bish

Praying for a quick(ish) downpour - just enough to keep my garden alive for a few more weeks...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
18 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Heavy showe here. Non electric as usual.

First rain IMBY for over a month as we dodged the rain last Friday. A 2 minute downpour and that is it. Bit of waste to end the drought.

Posted

large shower just glanced a blow past us here, must have been torrential coventry way. But here we just got a few spot, not even enough to lay the dust.......the drought continues