Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

We have lovely steady refreshing rain.  Everything in the garden getting a much welcomed soaking.....hopefully more to come tomorrow too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

First rain shower this morning for a very long while, Hopefully more to come today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

First rain shower this morning for a very long while, Hopefully more to come today.

hopefully? what, you can keep it then

Posted

I've attached two contrasting images of my back garden, one from July 2017 and the other from yesterday afternoon.

Believe me, we need all the rain we can get!

Bish

20170712_001.jpg

20180712_001.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Mines just as bad Bish, Things should start to green up over the next week or so. Another moderate shower over me now, Should wash all the dust away at least.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

I've attached two contrasting images of my back garden, one from July 2017 and the other from yesterday afternoon.

Believe me, we need all the rain we can get!

Bish

20170712_001.jpg

20180712_001.jpg

Really? Looks like typical summer plantlife in almost every country except the UK.

Posted

Had dark rotating clouds earlier distant faint thunder to the S/SW,then a heavy shower.

But a torrential thunderstorm picked up from nowhere,frequent thunder and lightning,great way to end the long hot dry spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Absolute monsoonal deluge here in West Malvern. Been going for around 10 minutes now.

Edit: complete with thunder and lightning, although it's the intensity of the rain that's impressed me!

Edited by Barbmac
  • Like 1

Posted

Good to hear of some intense thundery activity elsewhere in the region :good:

The sky to the south and west of here seems to be turning steadily darker........

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still bone dry here in Bewdley! Overcast, dark and a bit threatening, but so far every single shower has gone round us or decayed before getting here. A world away from the Worcester/Malvern deluge! Radar suggests this may not last much longer, though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Just now, Bishop Brennan said:

Good to hear of some intense thundery activity elsewhere in the region :good:

The sky to the south and west of here seems to be turning steadily darker........

Bish

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing...

Never thought I’d be excited about the prospect of some rain!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

It's still raining here but just moderately - still, I won't need to water the garden tonight! Even our alpine rockery was looking desperate.

Posted

Getting a light shower here now and looks like activity is pepping up all around us.

As for any thundery activity, it seems to have been ebbing and flowing for the past couple of hours to our southwest, so could be something to watch out for here as showers continue to build.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still not a drop here! Stourport 3-4 miles to the southeast is getting soaked, as is Arley the same distance to the northwest. I've heard of snow shields, but right now Bewdley seems to have a rain shield!

Posted
22 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing...

Never thought I’d be excited about the prospect of some rain!

The wind has really whipped up in the last few minutes as well, usually a telling sign that something is afoot!

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Seems to be fading ads it approaches my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Well, over here, East of Lugabarruga, it's hot, dry, cloudy, dry, sunny, dry, muggy and did I mention dry?

All the future rain forecasts for here are now gone and it just shows cloudy sun. 

We seriously need rain. Everywhere is yellow here. Even seen trees looking like they are in dire need of water.

Posted
13 minutes ago, DIS1970 said:

Seems to be fading ads it approaches my location.

Same here as well. So near and yet so far!

Bish

Posted

Managed a whole 1mm of rain in Evesham - enough to break the 25 day absolute drought but not making much inroads on the summer deficit!    Though a slight chance we may get another wee bit from the stuff currently over west Glos of it maintains its trajectory and doesn't dissipate first ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It’s spitting here - not quite sure it classifies as rain really though...

Posted

Ended up with about a dozen drops of rain here, the sort you wouldn't even know had fallen without a very close look at car windscreens. So I guess not an absolutely dry day, but (short of another shower tonight) this will still be the 27th day without measurable rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

only been spitting here to not any measurable rain since that thunderstorm back in May every think here is bone dry we really need the rain