Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
4 hours ago, fizz511 said:

So, having been cooked out of my hibernation by this relentless heat..... I’m just wondering if this summer is going to be the death knell for the famous riposte of ‘who remembers the summer of ‘76?’, lol. 

How long has it been since it actually rained in the Midlands? I’ve lost track now!

I have forgotten as well. I vaugely remember there was meant to be a break down which this far north never happened but in Birmingham it did rain. Therefore I suspect we are approaching 3 weeks since we had a drop of rain.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, fizz511 said:

So, having been cooked out of my hibernation by this relentless heat..... I’m just wondering if this summer is going to be the death knell for the famous riposte of ‘who remembers the summer of ‘76?’, lol. 

How long has it been since it actually rained in the Midlands? I’ve lost track now!

Welcome back, Fizz! I was wondering if you might make a rare summertime appearance :)

According to trusty old Monkspath Weather Station, the last recorded rain was on June 16th, but it was a barely-detectable 1.25 mm which fell in the early hours of that morning. The last significant rain event here was waaaaay back on May 27th, when we managed a whopping 22.75 mm. A couple of days before that was an even bigger deluge, but prior to that most of the rest of May was pretty dry.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
1 hour ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Welcome back, Fizz! I was wondering if you might make a rare summertime appearance :)

According to trusty old Monkspath Weather Station, the last recorded rain was on June 16th, but it was a barely-detectable 1.25 mm which fell in the early hours of that morning. The last significant rain event here was waaaaay back on May 27th, when we managed a whopping 22.75 mm. A couple of days before that was an even bigger deluge, but prior to that most of the rest of May was pretty dry.

Bish

Lol, you know me, like to pop up unexpectedly Ninja-style...

May 27th? Wow. No wonder my poor garden is sulking. There’s talk of it going right through to end of July! Absolutely crazy!

All I can think is that if weather likes to balance itself out we’re going to have some kind of apocalyptic winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.

This weather is incredibly uncomfortable.

No wind or even a breeze for over a week. Never mind rain.

Temperature in my bedroom of 30C at 4am, outside my front door 25C at 4am. In my room at 4pm 34C, outside front door 31C 4pm.  As usual weather reports reporting temps way down on actual temps.

Very sticky, covered in sweat 24/7. I really hate summer when its like this.  Seems the jetstream is 100s of miles above scotland. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cloudy in summer, sunny in winter.
On 26/06/2018 at 16:33, Storme said:

Well, it's bloomin' hot here, just outside Loughborough and it's my birthday. I am not a heat lover but I don't remember such a long spell of hot, dry weather, without it breaking down in a thunderstorm, which tends to be the case down south. 

If you like heat, enjoy!

We had it about 5 or so years back, apparently the azure high that year was very close to the UK.  But yeah you not far from me and the weather has been crazy hot and dry.

In the past people have claimed the reason hot weather is not nice in the UK is because of high humidity yet apparently we have low humidity now yet it feels horrible.

Posted
2 hours ago, Ian Ballinger said:

We've all melted

The last couple of days have been wonderful. Crystal clear skies, warm, but not too warm, low humidity, a good breeze, cool nights & early mornings. I can't think of more perfect summer weather, apart from throwing in a regular thunderstorm.

• Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, davehsug said:

The last couple of days have been wonderful. Crystal clear skies, warm, but not too warm, low humidity, a good breeze, cool nights & early mornings. I can't think of more perfect summer weather, apart from throwing in a regular thunderstorm.

Well put, indeed I was about to post a similar comment. This spell of weather has been pretty much faultless up to this point, the lack of the occasional massive thunderstorm notwithstanding.

Here, we've actually managed ten consecutive days where the temp has maxed above the 25°C mark, which I believe is the longest such sequence since the unforgettable July of 2006. I suspect, however, that we might just about fall short today - currently 22.7°C, so it's going to be a close-run thing.

Bish

Posted

Feels much warmer today as that brisk east wind has gone,infact it is warmer than yesterday feels more humid too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Maximum 26.3 °C here, and no sign of any rain. A few (and I do mean a few) small high clouds about. The radar shows some light rain in Herefordshire right now, but it looks like staying well to the west. If it does stay dry, this will be the 18th consecutive dry day. Actually feels quite pleasant, as davehsug said, due to the breeze taking the edge of the heat. Forecast to get hotter again as we approach the weekend, though.

Posted

Slow start today but the lack of breeze has meant temperatures have continued rising until 5pm today unlike yesterday where it peaked at 2pm. 25C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

sheeesh it's warm, warmest feeling of the hot spell so far, raining at Wimbledon, no where near rain here, just hot

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

sheeesh it's warm, warmest feeling of the hot spell so far, raining at Wimbledon, no where near rain here, just hot

Yep tonights going to be warm. It was 16C at this stage yesterday. 23C currently...

Posted
2 hours ago, MattStoke said:

18 days since I last recorded rainfall. 11th straight day of sunshine.

Clouded over as the sun dropped but what a difference as the humidity has risen, feels really warm tonight

Posted

Good grief, it's only nine in the morning and yet the temperature has already reached 23.4°C, with several more hours of heating ahead of us. It looks like these next few days are going to produce some noteworthy heat by local standards.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Good grief, it's only nine in the morning and yet the temperature has already reached 23.4°C, with several more hours of heating ahead of us. It looks like these next few days are going to produce some noteworthy heat by local standards.

Bish

I actually thought this morning that it is the first time this year whereby I have left my house at 7:30am for work and felt hot outside at such an early time. Already 19c then, I expect nicely into the 20's now. It has generally taken until around 10-11am to reach 20c here on the hottest days. I wonder if I will beat 28.2c today and make it the hottest day of the year for me.

Edited by Supacell
  • Like 2

Posted

What an exceptional spell of weather this is proving to be, the only downside is that all the grass around here which is exposed to the sun for a few hours is dry to the brown with a straw-like appearance.

Long may it continue I say.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Reached bang on 31*C at 2:34pm this afternoon. ☀️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Back to the east coast rubbish again tomorrow is it?

Posted

High of 29C today, warmest day of the year.

• Like 1

Posted

First time we have had seen proper cloud in weeks this afternoon. Still warm though just need the Med type skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Day 19. We are now living on three drops of sweat a day. The explorers have returned, reporting that they found an extensive area of sand dunes in an area tentatively identified as "Burning Ham". Our systems engineer is investigating ways to extract water from bleached camel skulls.

Max today 28.2 °C -- so not the warmest of the year, but it certainly felt a lot hotter than yesterday with very little wind to take the edge of things. Plenty of cloud around from mid-afternoon onwards, though no sign of any rain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Cloud has taken over here now, still the occasional flash, but that's it for the time being, temp just made 26.2C.