Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

That cell over Aldridge way is now heading north and dying out as it does so. Really not sure why this has happened today, extremely frustrating and disappointing. Given up for the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I feel like the storm is getting closer but then  I see the radar returns and it fizzling out.

Posted

Could not be any closer. Storms are no more than a few miles to my south but refusing to come here.

DA1F540A-DD1D-473C-B712-25F2A967A294.jpeg

92DD22DA-C437-4829-B7A9-DA61796AA467.jpeg

Posted

First close rumble just fired up. Think I'm heading to higher ground to watch this roll in.

Posted

Chucking it down. Thunder getting louder. Radar  showing intense rain/hail heading my way. At last!

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Chucking it down. Thunder getting louder. Radar  showing intense rain/hail heading my way. At last!

Im heading to Brown Edge to see the view from the tops across Stoke. Looking forward to seeing some action!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

After my 'strange' report - before the real storm hit - it is worthwhile saying that people along the road are still all out; the local bobby has just passed through- on his bike..  and the kids are playing with sailing boats on the road. The water levels are now draining away down the drains...

Last time it happened I reported it to the council and they did spend a million pounds to try and solve the problem, but the main drainage system, with  all the new housing developments around here is just not capable of handling this volume of water, when it approaches slowly from the south.  -  As this did.

Before it broke here I could here the sound of gushing water from the water rushing through from further south. I had seen it before and I knew what we were in for it  if the storm broke over us.

I suspect many people in South Birmingham have been similarly affected.

Anyway on to the current weather. The storm can just still be heard to the North.

As I mentioned the shelf cloud moved 'against' the wind and the clearance seemed to move up from the south west.

However now it is totally calm and the layer of high level Strata cloud which seem to build with the main storm has expanded to cover the whole sky. In the south where I could see the blue skies, now  it has totally clouded over again. Apparently the high level cloud from the storm system is still expanding..

A clear sign of a major storm developing its own  circulation system. I saw the same effect in the Brum storm in July 2014 ( I think!)..

Also, interestingly  the cumulus-nimbus and lower level clouds are now starting to move up from the south east.

Does this mean the new storms reported to be building over North London are now approaching again?

In fact as I write I can now see a further anvil to our SE merging with the upper strata and tracking relentlessly towards us.

Very interesting weather at the moment!

MIA 

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, MattStoke said:

Full on thunderstorm. Frequent lightning, thunder and heavy rain. Wahoo!

moved away from here now, moving NE, still a few flashes to my NE

Posted
6 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

moved away from here now, moving NE, still a few flashes to my NE

Yeah. Taken hours to reach here and now it's quickly moving away.

Posted

Back from my road trip to higher ground. Some good views but the frequency of thunder and lightning is a bit poor. Seems to have weakened somewhat. Minor road flooding, but nothing special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

very very close lightning strike earlier on with intense rain I have seen lightning close as today when I was out in Bangladesh 13 years ago very frightening overhead lightning it was torrential and very very loud thunder 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

After a couple of rumbles, a little 5 minute shower and threatening clouds, seems over here in the East Midlands, we are missing out. 

Anyone else near Loughborough?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

That was a pretty intense storm earlier, just looking at the radar, there "may" be some more rain kicking off to the south-east of here, has anybody noticed this, or is this not going to be significant.

Posted

The met office has been full of weather warnings, yet again nothing, not one bit of thunder, not one drop of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Very intense thunderstorm earlier lasted around 4 hours, with hail, very very very intense rain, frequent lightning with booming shotgun thunder and flash flooding, which this is the only time Ive seen the roads around here like this and had to help some cars so I got soaking wet walking through the floods but it was all good and pretty exciting but unfortunately properties got flooded and a couple cars stranded, but can safely say that was the best thunderstorm I can ever remember :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Well that was interesting. Just returned from North Wales. A41 off Jnc 3 of M54 towards Wolverhampton is closed and most roads through the villages were impassable due to serious flooding. Managed to find just one road barely passable through Albrighton. The road under the railway bridge had a submerged 4x4 roof poking out. I then had to find the one and only road into the village not flooded to get home.

Posted

A pleasing little storm earlier. The most frequent of the lightning seemed to be to our East, but we managed a flash every couple of minutes and some quite close rumbles. Luckily the rain wasn't too heavy.

Posted

That "storm" that was over Northampton/Milton Keynes is now going opposite direction, heading for London, what's going on with the weather...? It was moving north' ish, now south' ish, how's this possible?