Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

From nothing to craziness in seconds. Mega rain and thunder Bournville

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I can see the storm heading for Cannock, out of my window. It looks mean. The rumbling is constant, it's going to be a miss for us but a great storm for anyone in its path. The rumbling isn't stopping, there is no gap.

thus is going to be a memorable one for those in line. Can't remember hearing so much unbroken grumbling. Not unless the dingles lose and WM is on anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Currently 22.9c and full cloud cover, all the fun seems to be happening around me

Screenshot_2018-05-27-16-05-45.thumb.png.3e5fcd31d05bc8e12bb5ce309d1e77be.png

Posted
22 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

I can see the storm heading for Cannock, out of my window. It looks mean. The rumbling is constant, it's going to be a miss for us but a great storm for anyone in its path. The rumbling isn't stopping, there is no gap.

thus is going to be a memorable one for those in line. Can't remember hearing so much unbroken grumbling. Not unless the dingles lose and WM is on anyway. 

Yes this just scraped me also... very disappointing. Cannock always seems to do so so much better than Lichfield for storms for some strange reason, oh wel. I am waiting to shoot out in my car if we look like getting another near miss.

Posted

Things are really kicking off now! Constant rumbling in the distance, and according to the radar a n explosion of activity to both the NW and SE of here.

The storm near Leamington Spa should hopefully starting shifting in this direction :yahoo:

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
7 minutes ago, Staffordshire said:

Yes this just scraped me also... very disappointing. Cannock always seems to do so so much better than Lichfield for storms for some strange reason, oh wel. I am waiting to shoot out in my car if we look like getting another near miss.

Mate, if you run the 3.30-4.30 Netweather radar loop, it's actually harder for this entire storm to have missed us 2 than it is to have not. It's skirted, moved, back built and moved again and basically spent the entire of the last hour rumbling in the distance outside my bed room window! 

Its a complete joke. Looking forward to hearing reports as this would have been a treat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Constant rambling of thunder here must be from a storm nearby last night was just crazy so much lightning rain and thunder 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Skirting Stoke again, despite the fact it looks stormy here. Very humid too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
7 hours ago, Shane Wheeldon said:

TF1 and not a sausage, there has been distant rumbles, it has gone dark here again but just rain, even my 5 year old said this is rubbish. He was in the garden with me and got very impatient kept saying why is the thunder not coming, i said even the storm's dont want to come to Telford!

TF3 has had maybe 2-3 hours of non-rain, and several hours of serious rain, with thunder for maybe 6 hours off and on in the last 12 hours, and currently tons of lightning as well as total deluge! 

All the great weather wants to come to Telford! :)

Posted

Huge storm currently in Harborne, Birmingham. Constant rumbles and heavy rain and hail. Sadly I would say there will be flooding problems in prone areas of Brum 

• Like 1

Posted

I can hear the constant rumbling in the distance here too. Last night was epic though, with plenty of flashes and crackles, close by. If you think about it, the last 3 months or so has been great for weather events. From the beast from the east in early March to the gloriously sunny and cloudless skies we've enjoyed for much of May and now some thunder thrown in for good measure. 2018 has certainly been quite an interesting year weather wise thus far.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Feels tropical out there, howling winds and thunder rumbling past hour, a few big tropical drops of rain

dry now though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
16 minutes ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Things are really kicking off now! Constant rumbling in the distance, and according to the radar a n explosion of activity to both the NW and SE of here.

The storm near Leamington Spa should hopefully starting shifting in this direction :yahoo:

Bish

BIsh…

Was out on the golf course from 14:00 until now.

Incredible developments right over the top of us.

I guess that the sudden increase in humidity and temps up to 25C must have broken the cap.

It all  occurred in about 10 mins. One minute no development. Next minute huge towering thunderheads, just passing overhead of us.

However the fun did not start until they go to Acocks Green.. (nothing unusual there then!)

Like you I am now hoping the storm approaching from Northampton via Coventry stays active.  

Gone as black as night here now, but no rain and just an occasional flash.

MIA

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Looking good MIA ?️

Just rumbles for now though 

Screenshot_2018-05-27-17-11-25.thumb.png.c2991183dd0a9b3cd01e231783da6668.pngScreenshot_2018-05-27-17-11-18.thumb.png.392ef9f9e9358664409ec0ae4979d11f.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Wow, we can smell the wet ground indoors three floors up!

you know that smell you get when it rains after a long dry spell? We've had some rain for several days but the ground had big cracks in it, wide enough to shove a pencil down - and now that smell of 'grateful ground' is so strong it's coming in through the windows.

STREWTH that was one of the loudest, longest thundercrashes I've heard in the UK - wow! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
2 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Looking good MIA ?️

Just rumbles for now though 

Screenshot_2018-05-27-17-11-25.thumb.png.c2991183dd0a9b3cd01e231783da6668.pngScreenshot_2018-05-27-17-11-18.thumb.png.392ef9f9e9358664409ec0ae4979d11f.png

Wow...

All this from nothing 2 hrs ago.

MIA

Posted

Must be the dozenth near miss of the year so far. I can see the storm clouds from my front window.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Must be the dozenth near miss of the year so far. I can see the storm clouds from my front window.

Yep I can see the storm clouds too but just too far south. Also the sun has gone in annoyingly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, RobR said:

Yep I can see the storm clouds too but just too far south. Also the sun has gone in annoyingly.

hear any thunder? I can but no lightning