Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Cooler today and especially this morning with the NE wind blowing patchy medium to high cloud then.

Posted

Just about a perfect day today. Low 20s, low humidity, bright sunshine, a nice breeze. Hope the low cloud doesn't make it this far tomorrow morning, but even then, the sun will soon burn it off and leave a similar day...I hope!

Posted

Well the cloud didn't make it here, so a perfect start. The breeze has died away so should be warmer today.

Posted

Low cloud and quite abit cooler today 16c was.

This looks like being the best easterly since march but a very thundery humid one.

Posted

Some cloud around this morning, but still some sun. Hard to know if its North Sea mirk, or remnants from the showers further South and East, I suspect the former. Hoping it all clears and if the showers later aren't going to produce thunder, they can stay away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Murky and even a spot of rain in Birmingham. Be interesting to see if the front makes it as far north as Stoke today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Some cloud around this morning, but still some sun. Hard to know if its North Sea mirk, or remnants from the showers further South and East, I suspect the former. Hoping it all clears and if the showers later aren't going to produce thunder, they can stay away!

remnants from showers further SE, yesterday though was sea mist here

Posted
41 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

remnants from showers further SE, yesterday though was sea mist here

Yes, now I'm out I can see that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Mainly cloudy, cool and breezy here, a little brightness at the moment. There may be a few drops of rain shortly, and the forecast for the weekend is slowly going downhill little by little with each forecast, in terms of warmth and sun, so any barbecue is looking like a no no. Temp - 10.8C.

Posted

Got it here too, it's some kind of stratiform muck though it seems higher than typical North Sea gunk. As for being remnants, any showers must have been hefty as its covering the whole sky....

Nearly midday, time to burn off whatever you are!

Posted

Today is medium to high cloud showery bits of rain,no low cloud in site today and no thunder across the whole of the UK.

As for the weekened the heat and humid builds thunderstorm % getting much higher.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yet another glorious day in the Costa Del Stoke-on-Trent ☀

another example of another location doing better than here, sunless until 4pm

wouldn't surprise me if Stoke stayed dry tomorrow with bright spells and 23C, where here is constant rain at 13 degrees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The Met Office forecast for the West Midlands tomorrow reckon the (thundery) rain will give up the ghost in the afternoon with some brighter spells breaking through, so hopefully any rain won’t stick about for too long!

Maybe a similar repeat to what happened to some of us today: rain in the morning, brighter in the afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
53 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Yet another glorious day in the Costa Del Stoke-on-Trent ☀

Incredible change today, as I drove from work, it was around 16c and cloudy gunk until Stafford when it turned into 23c and sunshine. Not a drop of rain at all.

I think the front will make it tomorrow sadly. How many days straight has it been sunny as I was in Mexico and Ireland prior to Sunday?

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here this morning with low cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

BBC forecast for my area is kindof, er wrong, it said light rain and breezy, but in fact it is heavy rain with very little wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Seems like the plants really needed it too! Still raining heavily at the moment with the Solihull Rain Shield in a weak state. 

Sunday probably being the best day now for a chance of thunderstorms, although there could be a few thundery showers about tomorrow too. ?⚡

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just been out and the roads flooded as it’s cat and dogs here ☔

Screenshot_2018-05-25-09-37-55.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Putting it lightly the weather has been horrendous since last night 10pm!its still raining heavily!!lets see what the afternoon brings!!