Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I've noticed that the temps have been sliced down by 1 degree over the the last two days for this weekend over the Mids, but the temps for the S.E. are being pumped up slightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 hours ago, DIS1970 said:

I've noticed that the temps have been sliced down by 1 degree over the the last two days for this weekend over the Mids, but the temps for the S.E. are being pumped up slightly.

SW'lys are rubbish, this not looking as good as 19-21 April, sunless day forecast tomorrow, then back to normal tue/wed

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Wonderful morning here with clear blue sky's and hardly any wind to speak of. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Clear sunny skies here also, temp at 13.5C, very little wind, but the BBC has my location under light cloud all day.

Posted
2 hours ago, DIS1970 said:

Clear sunny skies here also, temp at 13.5C, very little wind, but the BBC has my location under light cloud all day.

Still sunny - no cloud, little more breeze now, temp at 16C.

Posted
4 hours ago, DIS1970 said:

yes, mine too, bbc way off here

Posted

does anyone else remember one may bank holiday around the mid 90s when it was gloriously sunny & warm on the Friday then the wind changed round to a northerly and there was a few inches of snow on the  Monday 

Posted

22C, no cloud and a light breeze. Perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Truly glorious here today. Just sneaked over the 70  °F mark (max 21.2 °C) and largely cloudless with a light breeze. Wonderful weather, actually more to my taste than the hotter stuff we got last month. Looking forward to this Bank Holiday weekend very much!

46 minutes ago, el tiempo said:

does anyone else remember one may bank holiday around the mid 90s when it was gloriously sunny & warm on the Friday then the wind changed round to a northerly and there was a few inches of snow on the  Monday 

Sounds like 1997 to me. I remember going to vote in the general election on the 1st (Thursday) and it was warm and sunny, and I think it was the same the next day. Then it got a lot colder and there was (briefly) snow on the ground even here at 90m asl on the 6th (Tuesday). There was more snow further north. The event is mentioned on Trevor Harley's site.

Edited by Arctic Hare
added link to Trevor Harley's site
  • Like 1

Posted

thanks for the link. I remember going into work on that Monday here in Stoke with my walking boots on. The snow on the ground stuck around most of the day. 

Posted

Absolutely stunning here, not a cloud in the sky and we are already at 22.2°C before midday. We might even just nudge above 25°C, well above what was forecast.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
8 hours ago, Bishop Brennan said:

Absolutely stunning here, not a cloud in the sky and we are already at 22.2°C before midday. We might even just nudge above 25°C, well above what was forecast.

Bish

Had a high of 24.7*C, so very very close!

Now 21.9*C. 

• Like 1

Posted

What I've liked about the last couple of days is the fact its been gloriously sunny, with no clouds or haze at all. Proper late Spring/ Summer like weather. Can't say I remember any snow round here in May 97. Although I remember how glorious the weather was on polling day 97, funnily enough as I remember going with my Mum after school for her to vote. We went on a school trip to Tamworth castle that day for history class and I still remember it as a warm sunny day. I've no recollection of the weather turning a lot colder shortly after though, which it must have done if there are snow records in the region soon after. 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted

Glorious out, Already 20.2c here with clear blue sky's.

Posted

Reached a maximum temperature of 27*C today.

A great enjoyable period of weather it has been. Looks like the rest of the week will be mixed as some sneaky Lows from the Atlantic try to attack, but unlikely to be anything too desperately unsettled!

Posted

Light rain here for the past hour, Temps down to 13.2c makes for better sleeping tonight.

Posted
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Editor's Pick, again

52EFC0BA-F885-4DE5-9306-BBEE38631DBC.jpeg

That must be the 6th time now

Great pic though.

Posted

Clear East/West split today here, settled skies to the west, unsettled skies to the east, here dry with sun disc

very similar setup to April 30th, with rain to the east

Posted

Quite damp now with the rainband from the East over me. Just light rain, but am surprised how far West it’s getting. Seems to be moving in a mostly Northerly direction, however, so those of you to the West/North-West of Brum will probably stay dry!

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Next couple of days are set to be ok, temp may reach 20C.

Posted

Timing of the rain this past week has been brilliant, all 3 fronts during night time, so essentially had about 10 nice days in a row now.