Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just let the mutt out and there's actually around 2inch, Still light to moderate snow.

20180402_073514.thumb.jpg.117d56f369cf57bf5640b389503ec2d9.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Rain here on this fine bank holiday morning! Good to hear some snow falling across the region and again proves that anything can happen! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Cold rain here. Looks like a pasting over the hills though and in Buxton as per usual. Frustrating as wanted one last squeeze of snow.

Posted

snowed Heavy around 3am 

so 6 months in a row of falling snow ,shame we didn’t get the all day snow that looked likely a few days ago , great winter and early spring for snow ??????

Posted

Slowly turning to rain here now with a thaw setting in.

Temp 0.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

A good covering of snow when I woke up at 6.30 this morning but it soon turned to rain.Raining heavily now with a rapid thaw.

image.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
5 hours ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Currently 1.8c & dew point at 1.0c and  sleetly/rain.... I was watching a band of very heavy rain earlier approaching from the south and hoping it would turn into something more interesting.

Screenshot_2018-04-02-03-48-32.thumb.png.e5f732e175dc311c62ba35163b42b26b.png

Nah! never happened, the juicy stuff on the radar just fizzled out.

Screenshot_2018-04-02-03-50-03.thumb.png.bc0d4d54aa8d07e8b75ec82787f3375b.png

Here in Solihull we had a few heavier bursts that contained a flake or two but mainly just rain.

Screenshot_2018-04-02-03-49-20.thumb.png.ecb6d936393ca73686d9bbc90d96c422.png

Can't blame me for trying to see the last snow of what's being a very good winter. :hi:

DWW..

Hi there ...

Slept solidly all night..

Temp was 2.5C at midnight when I went to bed with sleety rain falling.

Now at 5.0C with rain and 14.8mms having fallen overnight.

Question is did you see a flake falling (probably nothing laying?)...

I would like to keep my snow falling figures correct?

I can see that areas 5 miles west (centre of Bham) and Aston/ Walsall(oh dear!) had some so I guess it did here, as we are about the same height.

??

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

8cm of snow here earlier this morning but a slow thaw has set in. Two hours or so of freezing rain after the snow so everything is covered in clear ice. Current temp' is 0.3c.

• Like 1

Posted

I didn't see any snow falling but there's a very small and thin slither of snow on one of the bottom beams of wood on our back yards fence panel, which is shrinking. Just raining now though and there's no signs of any elsewhere. It still must count as another day of witnessing snow though :D. I'm not really fussed now though and I'm willing to wait until at least Autumn for my next snow fix.

Posted

Here's a comedy video from the U.S. about snow, which is actually anti snow. I'd love to trade places personally but it at least highlights how some people who get a lot of it start to feel about it. Anyway enjoy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Guu-mDvysxY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DWW..

Hi there ...

Temp was 2.5C at midnight when I went to bed with sleety rain falling.

Now at 5.0C with rain and 14.8mms having fallen overnight.

Question is did you see a flake falling (probably nothing laying?)...

I would like to keep my snow falling figures correct?

I can see that areas 5 miles west (centre of Bham) and Aston/ Walsall(oh dear!) had some so I guess it did here, as we are about the same height.

??

MIA

Hi MIA,

Was dark but under the splendid LED street lights I have right outside my house, I did see snow flakes in the heavier bursts and big wet ones at that.

So the answer to your Q......definitely was snowing at round 3:15am with a slushy covering on cars, bins etc :good:

I think that'll be the last of it until Winter 18/19, Just looking forward now to when I can go down the park with the kids in shorts and T's 8)

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Hi MIA,

Was dark but under the splendid LED street lights I have right outside my house, I did see snow flakes in the heavier bursts and big wet ones at that.

So the answer to your Q......definitely was snowing at round 3:15am with a slushy covering on cars, bins etc :good:

I think that'll be the last of it until Winter 18/19, Just looking forward now to when I can go down the park with the kids in shorts and T's 8)

Thanks DWW..

Looks like 26 falling and 29 laying (possibly for the season now).

Still it has been a super season for me, though now I agree, a bit of warmth and drying up is required.

Current temp up to 8.3C - highest for quite a while.

MIA

Posted
4 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

DWW..

Hi there ...

??

MIA

Walsall 123 are you out there?:D

Or are you still asleep?

Naughty, naughty!

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
33 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

@Midlands Ice Age I said majority rain lol. Some wet snow was expected. I was just stating that we were not going to get any accumulations. People were getting over excited over those ridiculous ECM snow depth charts and people like @Daniel* and @MattStoke hyping as usual. My prediction was pretty accurate

You are most certainly the troll in this group, I'm surprised you haven't been banned already, plus your predictions are very pessimistic I actually some snow over the grass and car. Matt Stoke and Daniel carry on doing what you are doing! This poster is just jealous!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Let's take a step back and keep it friendly; It's the weather we're discussing not a matter of life or death and if all else fails you can always use the ignore button. I really don't want to start p.m ing anyone as I'm far too anti social to want that level of human contact.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
19 minutes ago, Terminal Moraine said:

Let's take a step back and keep it friendly; It's the weather we're discussing not a matter of life or death and if all else fails you can always use the ignore button. I really don't want to start p.m ing anyone as I'm far too anti social to want that level of human contact.

Thanks Terminal Moraine I'm just worried that his negative attitude is a detriment to this group. Would rather 'it' not be present.

Posted
1 hour ago, AppleUK 123 said:

You are most certainly the troll in this group, I'm surprised you haven't been banned already, plus your predictions are very pessimistic I actually some snow over the grass and car. Matt Stoke and Daniel carry on doing what you are doing! This poster is just jealous!!

They're an annoying idiot. Talking absolute rubbish, as usual. Bitter that people should dare to have different preferences to themselves. 

I clearly said I thought it would be snow to rain and that the main risk would be over high ground. Both correct. Not my fault if they can't read.

I have added them to my ignore list. It is annoying that they can still see my posts and quote me. I can't be dealing with such people.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ignore list not that effective, should be 'block' effect like facebook and other forums

just means you cannot reply

• Like 1

Posted

Let's please move on and use the Pm or report system.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Posted

Very heavy rain/hail shower just passing with temp currently 10.1c.