Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
26 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Thanks SS, Met Office is now showing the snow boundary to be further north.....Yesterday the boundary was the North Midlands and I was hoping it would drop to the M4.....no bloody chance :nonono:

image.thumb.png.8f0088f36048ff131f5bb9301846658e.png

The only hope we have....The Icon model has some snow for us and the Hirlam ain't far behind......2 days yet, so who knows.

image.thumb.png.ffb29e87104cbccf650b600987fb8d14.pnghirlamuk-1-48-0_kkh0.png

19 hours ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Once again another defeatist post from none other than WalsallWeather123, Monday has always been a marginal situation so don't know why your saying 'game over' for anyone south of Birmingham, you must be able to see into the future..

Today for eg parts of Exmoor and Dartmoor saw falling and settling snow which was not forecast, nobody really knows in these situations!

Time to eat your words I think

1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

Don’t agree whatsoever silly apps grrr! Euro4 has temps between 2-3C for most of of you. Cold enough just about. (Furthermore there is often added cooling not considered from sustained pretty heavy ppn). And there’s a large disparity still HIRLAM has dew point barely above 0C..

Mate I know you call yourself thesnowdreamer lol. But there is no chance of snow accumulations in Midlands. Stop giving false hope to people with your ridiculous snow bias. You do it everywhere and claim you have a very successful record when you just pick and choose model outputs that suit you for clickbait

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold
1 hour ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Time to eat your words I think

No I don't believe the event has passed yet, I'm still optimistic of seeing some snow however transient, I hold Daniel (LondonSnowStreamer) in high esteem and am confident (with a bit of luck) of seeing some snow flakes.

Posted
1 hour ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Mate I know you call yourself thesnowdreamer lol. But there is no chance of snow accumulations in Midlands. Stop giving false hope to people with your ridiculous snow bias. You do it everywhere and claim you have a very successful record when you just pick and choose model outputs that suit you for clickbait

And you can stop with your ridiculous Mild Bias! Daniel please ignore such people your doing great...far better than LondonSnowWatch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AppleUK 123 said:

And you can stop with your ridiculous Mild Bias! Daniel please ignore such people your doing great...far better than LondonSnowWatch!

LondonSnowWatch is by far the best amateur forecaster on twitter. Much better than thesnowdreamer. I also hold metsaunby2 in high regard and he also rates LondonSnowWatch very highly

Posted

Just out of interest, But don't build you hopes up :hi:

hirlamuk-1-28-0_aft0.pnghirlamuk-42-28-0_eye2.png

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

The last of the potential snow and then hopefully we may get some warmth 8)

For now though the latest Arpege, Hirlam and the Icon hires Models are showing an hour or so of snow for tomorrow morning.

Methinks it'll be for the high ground but it depends on how heavy it'll be, some lower ground bits and bobs maybe :)

arpegeuk-1-16-0_llq2.pnghirlamuk-1-14-0_kha7.pngiconeu_uk1-1-12-0_vgk5.png

Posted

On 31/03/2018 at 17:23, AppleUK 123 said:

I replied but after review I don’t think it was worth it and deleted, and I actually blocked him when dealing with flu too not in mood. Congratulations to him on being the first! As above not really surprising all I said was I was confident aome of you would see a few hours of wet snow, even to lower levels, as shown above! 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Daniel* said:

I replied but after review I don’t think it was worth it and deleted, and I actually blocked him when dealing with flu too not in mood. Congratulations to him on being the first! As above not really surprising all I said was I was confident aome of you would see a few hours of wet snow, even to lower levels, as shown above! 

Hi Daniel already coming down in Sennybridge, Wales traffic cams show. I'm hopeful of seeing some snow flakes to record another day of snow which will bring the total to 26days, hope you get better soon:)

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, AppleUK 123 said:

Hi Daniel already coming down in Sennybridge, Wales traffic cams show. I'm hopeful of seeing some snow flakes to record another day of snow which will bring the total to 26days, hope you get better soon:)

Hi.. thanks :) 

ill be sunrised if you don’t your similar elevation in the SW mendips there’s been snowfall possibly ongoing but not for long there, had transitioned to heavy snow after a fair amount of rain.

Parameters better where you are too and for longer. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

Hi.. thanks :) 

ill be sunrised if you don’t your similar elevation in the SW mendips there’s been snowfall possibly ongoing but not for long there, had transitioned to heavy snow after a fair amount of rain.

Parameters better where you are too and for longer. 

Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A quick scan through higher roadside weather stations across the Midlands is showing a slow cooling, I'd expect snow to be falling down to around 150m later on tonight, mainly Brum northwards. No more than a slushy cm or two though unless you're properly high up.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

New Invention in Shropshire, 285m asl...

image.thumb.png.4ecce61cd6cfac101d94cec9da523883.png

Posted

Currently 2.4c & dew point at 1.3c with sleety bits amongst the heavier rain....right back to bed :lazy:

Posted

Wet snow (decent size flakes) falling in Brum city centre right now alongside rain. Don't expect it to settle as it's too warm and wet.

• Like 1

Posted

Currently 1.8c & dew point at 1.0c and  sleetly/rain.... I was watching a band of very heavy rain earlier approaching from the south and hoping it would turn into something more interesting.

Screenshot_2018-04-02-03-48-32.thumb.png.e5f732e175dc311c62ba35163b42b26b.png

Nah! never happened, the juicy stuff on the radar just fizzled out.

Screenshot_2018-04-02-03-50-03.thumb.png.bc0d4d54aa8d07e8b75ec82787f3375b.png

Here in Solihull we had a few heavier bursts that contained a flake or two but mainly just rain.

Screenshot_2018-04-02-03-49-20.thumb.png.ecb6d936393ca73686d9bbc90d96c422.png

Can't blame me for trying to see the last snow of what's being a very good winter. :hi:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Some wet snow here giving a dusting on cars, roofs and bins etc but very slushy type, but at least this has given this area 6 months of falling snow in a row now, wow half a year of falling snow in some days in every moth is incredible :D.

• Like 1

Posted

Chucking down with snow last half hour after rain since early evening, turned sleety about 3am, dusting on ground.

Snow in every month from Dec-Apr, last time that happened was 2005-6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

we had some wet snow here gave a dusting on bins and cars now it’s all going again and raining excellent winter snow every month 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate snow here with around an inch settled so far upon looking out the window..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Awoke to around a cm covering of snow over everything, and a thick fog, at 3.20 a.m. this morning, but now it's completely gone.