IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still heavy snow in northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Just about to look out the window ?......

light snow and just a dusting ❄️

Edited by Fozfoster

Posted

A good 2-3 inches on the cars/untouched roads - since about 8pm every time I've looked outside it's been coming down, some very heavy, some light but very persistent . It's horizontal due to the wind also with the associated drifting. It's just like the event we had 3 weeks ago on the infamous streamer night.

Posted

Still snowing in coventry moderate to heavy snow fot the last 4-5 hours looks as though a good 3-5 cms of snow covering..what a amazing winter this has been lost count of how many snow events have hit coventry normally we miss out all together 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Heavy snow again here now, with large flakes, how much more amazing can this winter/spring get?!?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold cold cold!!

Chucking it down here. SHOULD GO TO BED BUT CANT HELP BUT LOOK OUT MY WINDOW!!! Fantastic winter and start to spring and looking like it might go cold again over Easter weekend ❄️? ?? 

❄️❄️✅✅

MNR

• Like 2

Posted

Pleased everyone at home is doing well while I am in this in Sydney! 

What’s the depths like in Birmingham?

2F221D8C-6E40-4A99-9B7A-336AE66B96EA.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

what an amazing winter 2017 2018 has been and continuing into spring I must say that we I believe have 3 to 5 cm of snow covering and it is still coming down 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms
45 minutes ago, BhamBoy said:

Pleased everyone at home is doing well while I am in this in Sydney! 

What’s the depths like in Birmingham?

2F221D8C-6E40-4A99-9B7A-336AE66B96EA.png

I would say about 7 to 8cm has fallen here and still very heavy snow falling. Forecast to carry on to around 9am.

• Like 1

Posted

Just took a measurement, and it measured just over 8cm here in Walsall and still snowing quite a lot, small flakes but coming down pretty fast 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

I've come down to my caravan just outside Stratford Upon Avon. Windows are starting to ice up inside...I'm freezing but it's worth it to see the snow starting to build up outside across the fields. Wondering what it's like back home in Solihull! 

Hard to judge depths and intensity at the moment because it's too dark (I have no lamp posts to watch down here ☹️) and I'm too cold to get out of bed but it's definitely looking white out there! :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Snowsie said:

I've come down to my caravan just outside Stratford Upon Avon. Windows are starting to ice up inside...I'm freezing but it's worth it to see the snow starting to build up outside across the fields. Wondering what it's like back home in Solihull! 

Hard to judge depths and intensity at the moment because it's too dark (I have no lamp posts to watch down here ☹️) and I'm too cold to get out of bed but it's definitely looking white out there! :cold:

It will start to light up soon as the mornings are getting lighter now so we will all be seeing the winter or spring wonderland soon :) and keep yourself warm 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just walked back from a friends. A good couple of inches. Up to half a foot if not more drifts. The curbs have merged into the roads. There wasn't a tire track in sight, moderate snow falling in a wind. It was like I had the entire of the world to myself. Epic. Not bad for a 0-2CM max event is it? Midlands wide. 

I have to say, this is the overachiever of winter. Another great day to add to a long list of events this winter. Saviour it, we have had more snow and more events to chase this winter than I can remember combined since my memory lasts. The best winter I can remember in my lifetime (although I can only remember as far back as say 2000) - this really has been epic. It's hard to imagine the thought of going back to Atlantic driven dross for winters to come. 

This one has been a blast, I hope everyone has enjoyed it as these don't come round frequently at all. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)
6 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

It will start to light up soon as the mornings are getting lighter now so we will all be seeing the winter or spring wonderland soon :) and keep yourself warm 

Will do. I've left the heating on in the Living room so might venture into there in a bit! Got to be warmer than in this bedroom ? Fingers crossed we all get what we want when we get up this morning :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

This for me is on a par with the 1st March snow event been snowing heavy since 2 here and radar looks good for a few hours yet of heavy snow. We really have hit the Jackpot this winter/spring. I hope people get out to the nearest park, hill to enjoy it. :cold:

• Like 2

Posted

Got to be about around a foot say in the outside yard, a bit more in drifts and still coming down although lighter flakes at the moment. It could carry on all day though as far as I'm concerned, not that I'm expecting it to. Then again who expected this much yesterday morning :).

Posted

Looks like it's been snowing most of the night in Hinckley, not sure how much has come down as it's drifted all over the place, we have 1 foot drifts in the back garden up the railway sleepers. I have my little boys Sunday league match to go to at 9am. I'm hoping it's called off lol