Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Heaviest snow of the day now , not great depths between 2-3cm but nice , if itv can keep going all through the night maybe 10 cm is possible ??

A good sign for winters to come ???.... 

Edited by nobble
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Think its gonna hit my part any minute now :D 

EDIT - its here lol 

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well after lots of light snow showers throughout the day it finally started to settle everywhere earlier this evening and we now have a decent covering everywhere.  Actually wasn't pinning my hopes on us getting as much as we have to be honest and knowing it is probably the last decent snowfall of this winter i am happy with the 3 decent snow events we've had this winter now.  Lets hope the coming winter starts off the way this one is finishing and we have numerous easterly events early in the season rather than the back end of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, biting winds, frigid temperatures and thunderstorms

Best snowfall I've seen since 2010. Unbelievable it's happening  in spring!  A good 4inches so far,a lovely thick blanket, hopefully wake up to more in the morning. I am one very happy coldie!!!:yahoo::cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been snowing almost constantly for a few hours now. Mostly light but with a heavier burst every so often. Settled on all surfaces even the main A6 road. Plenty of drifting too. If this carries on all night as forecast then could be a few cm by morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

The snow that came at lunchtime was still lying in the shady spots this evening but now everywhere is nowed covered. Looks like we might get a cm or two by morning.

I also noticed this morning that there were still a couple of isolated mounds of snow remaining where the tractors had cleared the huge drifts to the roadside from two weeks ago.

Posted

another stunning evening of snow here, check out radars loops, there's tons and tons of snow piling in of north sea. Met office gives another 9 hours of this stuff

gonner get buried here in this streamer, it might even match the infamous March 2013 streamer, that gave over 30cm, but this  time more wind so its blowing around more.

there was 2 feet drifts on the tops at 4.30pm so god only knows what its like up there now, can see block roads again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Interesting day today. Snow showers interspersed with bright sunshine during the day, with the strong wind blowing the clouds across so that conditions sometimes changed very rapidly. Bitterly cold in the wind, without a doubt, though maybe not quite as bitterly cold as in the depths of the previous easterly. More persistent snow started up a few hours ago and we now have about 2 cm of it on the garden. Just a thin covering on the road as it's been blown around more, though there mostly hasn't been the complete scouring we had last time. Max today will go down as 5.0 °C, but that was from the very early hours -- it's been around freezing for most of the day. Currently -1.9 °C and snowing steadily.

I'm fine for this snow to continue tomorrow, since it is both interesting and nice to look at. I'm holding to my view that this really is enough -- I don't get excited at the thought of a slushy mess at Easter, for example. By the time this cold snap is truly over we'll be at the equinox, and from then on I'll be hoping for warm. But okay, I will admit that I have been convinced that this one last hurrah for cold and snow is worth it. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Well what can I say except expectations have been exceeded massively. I've been at the pub with my mate since half 8ish and it started coming down very finely for a while, but when we left its been snowing really heavily with huge flakes that have covered everything and now just keeps on building. What a great event and to some degree is already even better than the last beast as only for short bursts did that deliver big flakes, but this is much heavier. March 2018 is proving to be a classic Winter month despite been meteorologically the first month of Spring. Did I say Spring, what Spring :D.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Heavy snow heading for the Black country very soon. Already a few centimetre has fallen here. Met says snow until 9am tomoz.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Still coming down here, maybe be a interlude soon, difficult to guess the depth but i wouldn't say much more than 3cm.

Posted

I don't think ive ever seen snow accumulate this fast before, in the space of about 2 hours  3 - 5cm has fallen, some exceptionally heavy snowfall about and BBC weather has just said the West Midlands could still have quite a lot of snow falling even at 9am, this could turn into a major event.

Where's @WalsallWeather123, as they said we would only have a couple of cm's from this? 

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 2

Posted
40 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Nothing like march 1st that was a severe wind chill and blizzard and much colder.

I concur with Atlantic, it was very much like March 1st here. Very fine snow interspersed with bigger flakes coming in almost horizontal with the strong wind. 

But then March 1st was a Thursday so perhaps you are right that it was nothing like...

Posted

Gone a bit lighter now, but another stream of heavier stuff is directly on course again :) 

Posted

Still snowing here must have about 3cm  cover,but windy with it,road ok out of Ashbourne no drifting yet,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still comimg down in northants heavier stuff going to hit us soon. 

Must have 3cm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice, thunderstorms

Seems like all the Midlands have done well. After the many years of near misses. We have deserved this winter it's been a Snow lovers Dream. :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

As is always the case, showers are weakening as they approach here. Still moderate at times though. A few cm so far, drifting in the wind.

Posted

The far east of the region and up into Lincolnshire is starting to look active, larger areas of heavy snow appearing.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

The far east of the region and up into Lincolnshire is starting to look active, larger areas of heavy snow appearing.

I can confirm its belting it down here still!!drifts of about 10cms on the curb

• Like 1

Posted

2 minutes ago, shaky said:

I can confirm its belting it down here still!!drifts of about 10cms on the curb

Good to hear, hope it can keep up its intensity and move into the West Midlands too :)