Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Started now, it's the dry stuff, so it's blowing along the ground so can't be measured.

Posted
Just now, DIS1970 said:

Started now, it's the dry stuff, so it's blowing along the ground so can't be measured.

Yes, that's what we have been having last 30 mins , now have a complete covering , and as you must be down wind from me , good news it's still snowing moderately ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.
Just now, nobble said:

Yes, that's what we have been having last 30 mins , now have a complete covering , and as you must be down wind from me , good news it's still snowing moderately ??

Now its finally started, it probably wont stop now from looking at the radar, especially the heavier echo's to the NE of us :) 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Now its finally started, it probably wont stop now from looking at the radar, especially the heavier echo's to the NE of us :) 

Hope so , had a busy day so haven't really followed radar or developments , hope I can get sledge out one last time with my lad in morning 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nobble said:

Hope so , had a busy day so haven't really followed radar or developments , hope I can get sledge out one last time with my lad in morning 

As long as we remove that last bit of a gap and other gaps dont develop we will be in the game big time so time will tell :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

An hour ago i was saying how odd it was that the snow was settling on cars, roofs but not on the roads and pavements even after snowing for a few hours albeit lightly.  Then i looked out the window an hour later and the pavements and road are now covered.  Obviously the warmth in the ground from last week has finally been diminished and the snow can finally take hold.

• Like 2

Posted

So far so good here...I haven't been outside but looks like about 3-4cm has settled. 

Radar showing a shower stream that maybe looks like heading through North Birmingham/Walsall area. Harborne maybe a little too South but lets see

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Well here in south Leicestershire near Lutterworth i've seen snow shower after shower both in north Leicester and south of here for the entire day. I'm in a narrow 20 mile wide band north to south which has had basically nothing all day, not even a dusting. This has happened pretty much every easterly this winter and others, so there is something about the topography of this area I think. 

It basically always does this with an easterly. I'm not really bothered this time, I am looking forward to summer now :) I just think it is an interesting phenomenon and i'd like to learn the actual reason one day.

Hope those who were wanting snow today got some :)

TpJ1fhp.png

edit:

Well obviously i'm a big fat liar because there is a dusting out there now :p thin enough to see the surface below it, mind. Still the point stands, actual heavy precip seldom hits this area from an easterly. 

Edited by kmanmx
  • Like 1

Posted

Good 5cm now and grass has disappeared. Met Office predicting heavy snow from now all the way to 7am tomorrow. Actually think this could be the best winter behind 2010 and 2013 thanks to the March cold spells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

It's not heavy or moderate even but at least it is doing something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Snowing moderately here after lots of showers today. Cars, roads, pavements and grass are all covered. 3rd snow event since December now. 

Posted

Just started to get heavy and large flakes ❄️❄️❄️❄️?? Here's hoping for the morning

• Like 2

Posted

Started to get kicking not, though they are only showers, nothing persistent, temp is quite low also -2.2C.

Posted

Eleven o'clock at night and there's a neighbour out clearing his drive, his neighbour's drive and the road outside his house.  I don't have the heart to tell the idiot that it'll all be covered over when he gets up...

This street takes the biscuit, it must be the only one on the estate where an army of blokes armed with snow shovels and spades are on snow clearing watch.  The December event was the best, there must have been 10 of the buggers out, all pointing and sorting out their own bit of road to clear.

Posted

Big flakes coming down heavy, looks like the stream is straight over us in the Walsall area, if it doesn't break we will have hours of it which will inevitably leave a thick covering :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Starting to come down heavier now in Corby Northants getting a covering now.

Posted

Snowman numero 3 maybe tomo ?? so far we have had 2 snowmen with a combined lifespan of 17 days ......

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

like March 1 out there now, settling well, little flakes and wind blowing the snow

Nothing like march 1st that was a severe wind chill and blizzard and much colder.

Posted

Not convinced this streamer over me will last that long, looks like on the radar it is slowly drifting north. I can just see this petering out, at the moment anyway.

Edited by DIS1970

Posted

Love the snow falling at night, everywhere is so quiet, you hear the soft sound of the snow falling, the orange lit snow filled clouds, its so peaceful :D 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Plenty of snow falling tonight, must be a few CM now. A lovely scene, not sure how long it will last in the morning mind!