Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

The last shower was the best of the day, it has whited over all surfaces now, even the main roads are white over too,.

• Like 1

Posted

Laying snow is not really melting at all, but snow is still struggling to settle on roads and pavements. Sun slowly losing its influence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

oooooooooooo maybe just maybe :D

Capture.PNG

Posted
31 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Laying snow is not really melting at all, but snow is still struggling to settle on roads and pavements. Sun slowly losing its influence.

53 minutes ago, PolarWarsaw said:

Strange thing to say, but I'd like the showers to die off until sun down. They are melting immediately and leaving puddles on the main road. Where the suns sheltered, any snow is still there. But I'd like it to dry out before dark and then there's a better chance of anything falling leaving a covering. 

Still not expecting to see any snow sticking but this all today is a huge bonus.

Glad Matt has copped it today.

Heavy now, it's beginning to lay on the paths, road and patio.  I shouldn't worry too much Polar, it'll settle...

Posted

I'm struggling to make any sense of current radar down towards SE. I did take a look at the fax chart earlier but err ...  :cc_confused:

looking like right old mess.

Great to see north midlands finally getting in on the action. :cold::cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Drove today to Papplewick, Nottinghamshire and back - falling snow about half the time on the drive there, much of the day there and most of the time on the way back; back to Telford for heavy snow from 5ish onwards. 

Bitterly cold out there!

Posted
43 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Is this good for the East Midlands? (specifically - my house?)

Well it seems to be expanding while heading our way so you might do better than the showers from this tonight :), should settle much better too so its coming just at the right time :). Also even if this doesn't reach us, the wash area look the be ganging up the showers so there's more chances we will see prolong snow from those too.

Also this goes to the most of the Midlands tonight we could do quite well if this area of heavy snow keeps expanding :).

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Turning colder out there now. Somewhere between Stafford and stoke is about to have a treble hit from an intense line of showers. Will leave a proper covering that. 

Just too far south here at the minute. Hopefully that doesn't remain the same all evening.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Lisa Martin said:

Heaviest snow of the day here in Mansfield. Has been on and off all day but this latest snowfall hasn’t stopped in a good 20 mins and everything is white now

Let's hope for plenty to go around!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

Well it seems to be expanding while heading our way so you might do better than the showers from this tonight :), should settle much better too so its coming just at the right time :).

Also this goes to the most of the Midlands tonight we could do quite well if this area of heavy snow keeps expanding :).

OK, thanks. But if I wake up in the morning and there's no snow, you have to cook me a Sunday dinner as compensation!

Posted
21 minutes ago, mildmuck said:

I'm struggling to make any sense of current radar down towards SE. I did take a look at the fax chart earlier but err ...  :cc_confused:

looking like right old mess.

Great to see north midlands finally getting in on the action. :cold::cold:

Cheers, snow settling well now, temps -2.2 dp -7

on side roads and main road, if these showers merge together, its gong be a snowfall here, no melt, no thaw

Posted
5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

OK, thanks. But if I wake up in the morning and there's no snow, you have to cook me a Sunday dinner as compensation!

haha, but keep in mind the weather always has its mind of it own, I'm just going buy current direction :) 

Posted
Just now, Sparkiee storm said:

haha, but keep in mind the weather always has its mind of it own, I'm just going buy current direction :) 

ha ha. I won't hold you to it. We seem to have missed the best snow for the last few years, so would be nice to get some tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

I'm in that "dry slot" again.

Posted
1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

ha ha. I won't hold you to it. We seem to have missed the best snow for the last few years, so would be nice to get some tonight!

Good luck, hopefully our potentially last snowy hurraahhh will leave you a good dumping overnight :D 

Posted

Suns down and snow is finally starting to settle with this heavy snow shower. Proper dusting now.

Edited by Snowy L

Posted
Just now, Snowy L said:

Suns down and snow is finally starting to settle with this heavy snow showere. Proper dusting now.

in Nottingham? A mere 20 miles away but nothing here. No snow since around 1600! (the hour, not the year - although it feels like it!)

Posted

holey moley, its full on blizzards here, gonner be large drifts again on the tops, and the met warning of villages being cut of I think may come true,

white conditions for last 20 minutes, 

IMG_20180317_182646889.jpg

• Like 1