Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Discussion

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Meant to be having a night out Saturday Night, but I think I might leave it as it looks quite snowy.

Thinking about having a snowy all nighter instead if the models stay the same and as it might be our last cold spell/snap. 

Then again I don't know as this winter is already teaching us, the winter that never ends haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Snow for some of us from 3am Saturday Morning till 3pm Sunday afternoon on GFS 18z :D 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

Edited by Sparkiee storm

Posted

I posted on my Facebook that winter was realistically over after the last cold spell.

Won't be doing that again ?

• Like 1

Posted

Dont think we gona get anything menaning full out of this cold spell now unfortunately!!midlands is in a horrible dry gap throughout the weekend!!washer streamer sets up too far north that maybe the far north of the region will do well and then the snow in the south is just too far south lol!!it is what it is though!!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy rain and shrouded in cloud here currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms
13 minutes ago, shaky said:

Dont think we gona get anything menaning full out of this cold spell now unfortunately!!midlands is in a horrible dry gap throughout the weekend!!washer streamer sets up too far north that maybe the far north of the region will do well and then the snow in the south is just too far south lol!!it is what it is though!!

Not surprised by that, same happened here during the last event.

Posted

There's plenty of snow opportunities this weekend. 

Another mild, wet and miserable morning. Roll on the cold!

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Plus, the Met Office forecast for both the West and East Midlands sounds fascinating. ❄️

0955C45E-35F1-4DE6-A966-3CF1512BD144.thumb.png.f3a20ee853369b1662c1d8b1c648e967.png

CBA6E153-E1A6-495F-9F85-8A96157DBBDF.thumb.png.775a49467e64cf2a9dedb2341a726b08.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
21 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

There's plenty of snow opportunities this weekend. 

Another mild, wet and miserable morning. Roll on the cold!

hopefully moving north west, today was meant to be dry, hopefully will be, if it moves NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, shaky said:

does seem to have shifted north, sigh like before red warning for central belt? then frontal band b'ham southwards, Wash streamer Manchester northwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temperature currently 7C.

Overnight rain cleared north eastwards about an hour ago.

A further 7.5 mms, making 54 mms so far this month.

Looking forward to increasing the snow counts tomorrow. Currently at 21/25.

This incoming looks only slightly less cold than earlier this month and looks to have more instability.

As per then expect heavy snow showers to break out during the day, with the increased solar..

Snow streamers will cause local decent falls. How lucky will we be?.

Right -  all packed and ready for action.   :cc_confused::yahoo::cold:

Torch and windows cleaned. Lamp post clearly visible. Alarm set.

I am not missing a flake!

MIA

Posted
38 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Plus, the Met Office forecast for both the West and East Midlands sounds fascinating. ❄️

0955C45E-35F1-4DE6-A966-3CF1512BD144.thumb.png.f3a20ee853369b1662c1d8b1c648e967.png

CBA6E153-E1A6-495F-9F85-8A96157DBBDF.thumb.png.775a49467e64cf2a9dedb2341a726b08.png

You gota laugh at that???!!easterly winds yet the forecast looks better for snow for the west mids than the east midlands??!!oh boy u cant win can you!!!

Posted
17 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Those saying looking poor for snow this weekend. You having a laugh? Looks pretty good chance of decent snow for some of us.

yes we should all see some snow at some point   I dont think its going to be as much as a few weeks ago  and certainly not as much as December   but i still expect a nice covering  during the weekend.   Again i think variations across small distances    looking good for mid march

• Like 1

Posted

Hirlam showing  the front moving down the country Saturday Morning  bringing snow to the midlands   then showers for most of the day  then a streamer setting up for the North of the region.  Stafford etc looks like for once they be might be in the best postion  .  Then into Sunday  shows heavy snow pushing up from the South.  All in All very good   

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Hirlam showing  the front moving down the country Saturday Morning  bringing snow to the midlands   then showers for most of the day  then a streamer setting up for the North of the region.  Stafford etc looks like for once they be might be in the best postion  .  Then into Sunday  shows heavy snow pushing up from the South.  All in All very good   

Any charts mate!!lol i can guarantee for my area apart from the early snowfall saturday leicester will not look good on those charts for the rest of the run!!the rest of the midlands will loook good though!!

Posted
6 minutes ago, shaky said:

Any charts mate!!lol i can guarantee for my area apart from the early snowfall saturday leicester will not look good on those charts for the rest of the run!!the rest of the midlands will loook good though!!

This is where the STreamer sets up on the Hirlam   Apege  keeps us dry  the majority of Saturday 

hirlam-1-41-0.png?16-11

Edited by weirpig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (Mostly)

Amber warning out for West Midlands Sat-Sun

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?region=wm&date=2018-03-17&regionType=area

Snow and Ice.  Wonder what will make this truly requiring Amber?   

Posted

Amber warning out in line with the streamer for north leicester nottinghqm derby and staffordshire!!hopefully the streamer can set up slightly further south and give more of the midlands a hit!!

• Like 2

Posted

Agreed - Nottinghamshire took a direct hit the other week with a wash steamer so it's only fair it sets up a little further south and hits the other parts of the midlands this time lol. We can dream I suspect it will miss us in Hinckley again by 20-30 miles. We always seem to be to far North,East,West or South for showers whichever way they come from. We do better from frontal snow 

Posted
1 minute ago, WelfordRd said:

Agreed - Nottinghamshire took a direct hit the other week with a wash steamer so it's only fair it sets up a little further south and hits the other parts of the midlands this time lol. We can dream I suspect it will miss us in Hinckley again by 20-30 miles. We always seem to be to far North,East,West or South for showers whichever way they come from. We do better from frontal snow 

Well winds do look more east north east this time so should bring the streamer more towards leicester at least!!the last time winds were east south east and it still got very close so we could do better this time!!